• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Delta is being made by Kojima Old Team and Virtuous Studios

Gojiira

What would the guy have to do with the remake?

It's been officially stated already that it is frame by frame identical to the original, and the audio is exactly the same as well.
In gameplay it will probably be exactly like Subistence, buy without the loading screens, and maybe a couple of extra qol imporvements (camo change, etc).
A hd remaster of the already hd remastered Subsistence…Man thats just what fans have been clamouring for!
It still boggles my mind how Konami can still be such utter morons. We’re already getting that collection soon, so Delta is just redundant.
Considering they had to port all they could into Unreal, why the fuck didnt they just use the Fox engine? At least then we could get actual modern gameplay. Fucking pointless, absolute worst timeline.

I am surprised that Sony hasn’t gotten or tried to get the rights to Metal Gear and have Kojima make one last one (yet)
The last thing most creatives want to do, especially someone like Kojima, is to be shackled to their older works of art endlessly toiling away at the same thing over and over.

I'm saying this to say that even if Sony probably asked at one point, Kojima probably said 'no, have someone else do it'.

Sleepwalker

I cant see this doing well if it controls like the original and is just a graphics make over. I was somewhat hoping/expecting similar gameplay to V.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Virtuos worked on Dark Souls Remastered

☺️

other games they’ve worked on:
hK5Mtxz.jpg
sil30v6.jpg
TxnhiV1.jpg
Daaaaaaaaaaaamn

Klosshufvud

The guy was integral in the writing, pacing and co-directing of the earlier MGS games (including 3). Even if everyone wants to think that Kojima did all of that by himself (he didn't).
He didn't co-direct MGS3 at all. Where are you getting that from? Fukushima is mostly known for writing the optional MGS2 codec calls.

Hudo

He didn't co-direct MGS3 at all. Where are you getting that from? Fukushima is mostly known for writing the optional MGS2 codec calls.
There was an interview with a writer and translator where she claimed that Kojima was more of the general direction guy and the guy who put the pieces (that he ordered and oversaw) together. And Fukishima wrote the detailed bits, also came up with the whole nanomachine stuff and helped structure the game with his more detailed writing (which is what I meant with pacing). Co-direction was a misremember by me. Mea culpa.

But I can't access the interview anymore. Hardcore gaming 101 have removed it. So it might have been bullshit.
I still don't believe that Kojima is the mastermind he (and others) like to sell him as.

Gojiira

There was an interview with a writer and translator where she claimed that Kojima was more of the general direction guy and the guy who put the pieces (that he ordered and oversaw) together. And Fukishima wrote the detailed bits, also came up with the whole nanomachine stuff and helped structure the game with his more detailed writing (which is what I meant with pacing). Co-direction was a misremember by me. Mea culpa.

But I can't access the interview anymore. Hardcore gaming 101 have removed it. So it might have been bullshit.
I still don't believe that Kojima is the mastermind he (and others) like to sell him as.
I mean he clearly is, Kojima created the characters, the universe, the lore, the plot. Having others contribute doesnt really negate just how much he actually created himself.
In much the same way Yoji Shinkawa is equally as much of a mastermind in crafting Metal Gears identity, he designed the characters, the mecha, the look of the series is largely down to him and his aesthetic choices.

RaduN

Yeah, i never heard of this honestly, and i pretty much read them all, especially back then.

There was an interview ~ 2001 or a bit later, with Sons of Liberty english translator where they said it was a difficult script to translate, but nothing of the sort of what you describe.

There was indeed, way back then a Fukushima interview, where he admited his role of writing the optional codecs and some other small bits, while all real-time cutscenes were written primarily by Kojima, as well as all the story codes calls.
I think Murata was more involved in the script as a co-writer, at least in 4 (i think he only came in the team in the times of Subsistence, i think).

Hudo

I mean he clearly is, Kojima created the characters, the universe, the lore, the plot. Having others contribute doesnt really negate just how much he actually created himself.
In much the same way Yoji Shinkawa is equally as much of a mastermind in crafting Metal Gears identity, he designed the characters, the mecha, the look of the series is largely down to him and his aesthetic choices.
Well, then I can't explain why Death Stranding was such a step back in so many departments (especially in the writing) for me.

Yeah, i never heard of this honestly, and i pretty much read them all, especially back then.

There was an interview ~ 2001 or a bit later, with Sons of Liberty english translator where they said it was a difficult script to translate, but nothing of the sort of what you describe.

There was indeed, way back then a Fukushima interview, where he admited his role of writing the optional codecs and some other small bits, while all real-time cutscenes were written primarily by Kojima, as well as all the story codes calls.
I think Murata was more involved in the script as a co-writer, at least in 4 (i think he only came in the team in the times of Subsistence, i think).
Weird, it was a pretty (in)famous interview back when it was released. Much discussion about it on GameFAQs, I remember.

Edit: I actually remember how some of the Kojima die-hards had a pretty hard meltdown over this. Was hilarious to witness.
In a related discussion, I remember an Igarashi-fan not wanting to accept that Igarashi also worked on Tokimeki Memorial before he moved to make his opus magnum.

Last edited:

RaduN

Well, then I can't explain why Death Stranding was such a step back in so many departments (especially in the writing) for me.
This is all highly subjective.

I find it to be easily his best work since Sons of Liberty, so there you go.

coffinbirth

Weird, it was a pretty (in)famous interview back when it was released. Much discussion about it on GameFAQs, I remember.

Edit: I actually remember how some of the Kojima die-hards had a pretty hard meltdown over this. Was hilarious to witness.
In a related discussion, I remember an Igarashi-fan not wanting to accept that Igarashi also worked on Tokimeki Memorial before he moved to make his magnus opum.
This hurt my brain.

BootsLoader

Banned
Hideo Kojima created this game, Hideo Kojima will not work on this game. Hideo Kojima team will work on this game. Some of the Hideo Kojima team will not work on this game. Hideo Kojima will work for Hideo Kojima.

Top Bottom