• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 & God of War PSP Bundles Announced

Kagari said:
I'm just waiting for my recently purchased copy of MGS2: Substance to arrive and I'll have all of them :O

you've beat mgs2 already right? i had the game sealed for like 5 or years until recently when i played it again. i beat a friends copy when it 1st came out.

Kowak said:
i know how yu feel, this brings back great memories of mgs2. i bought it back when i was gaming mad and had a simple choice buy sons of liberty orbuy my mum a mothers day present(came out same weekend in UK) i went with mgs2.

only reason why i am more excited about this was because when i first came to uni i remember watching the first trailer of the game and when i leave uni it will come time to buy the game ad a ps3, which i have held of doing until the greatest day in this generation of gaming.

lol you made a wise choice. mgs trumps something as silly as mothers day.

i just came across some 7" 20th anniversary mgs figures. they're cheap as hell, but i think the price is wrong. all 5 for ~$80

af_mgs_udf_set_L.jpg

this 12" raiden figure is calling me too, but it's damn near $200

af_rah_mgs_raiden_L.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
bdizzle said:
you've beat mgs2 already right? i had the game sealed for like 5 or years until recently when i played it again. i beat a friends copy when it 1st came out.

Yep, I've beaten it. Just never owned it for my collection until now.

Dammit. I don't want this. I want a 40gb PS3 with backwards compatibility. And a copy of MGS4 bundled in would be acceptable as well. $500 is too damn much. Why can't they just add BC to the 40 gb model?

bigmakstudios said:
Dammit. I don't want this. I want a 40gb PS3 with backwards compatibility. And a copy of MGS4 bundled in would be acceptable as well. $500 is too damn much. Why can't they just add BC to the 40 gb model?

Your also getting the dual shock 3. Does that justify your purchase now? Or are you going to continue to whine like a little punk so GAF can slap you around.

Your also getting the dual shock 3. Does that justify your purchase now? Or are you going to continue to whine like a little punk so GAF can slap you around.

I'm going to whine. $500 is too much. It's such a simple concept. $400+backwards compatibility=good.

traveler

Not Wario
bigmakstudios said:
I'm going to whine. $500 is too much. It's such a simple concept. $400+backwards compatibility=good.

That's been the magic point for me as well (on both counts) but just think of it this way: you're getting a bc compatabile 40GB PS3 for $400, MGS4 for $60, the Dualshock 3 for $40, and the real bonus of the bundle is an extra 40GB.

Draft

Is anyone taking pre-orders on this thing yet?

And has it been confirmed whether or not it's the gunmetal PS3 or just a black PS3.

The Gunmetal Grey PS3 is coming to North America on June 12th in addition to the standard bundle. They haven't released any other details on it yet; no one's taking preorders.

Draft

Pai Pai Master said:
The Gunmetal Grey PS3 is coming to North America on June 12th in addition to the standard bundle. They haven't released any other details on it yet; no one's taking preorders.
But the bundle, at least the one that's been announced, is a normal Black 80g PS3, correct?

Pai Pai Master said:
Do we have any details on the Gunmetal PS3 other than that it is coming to NA? I'd really like to know if it is an 80GB or 40GB, if it will include the Limited Edition MGS4 or standard, and how/where/when we'll be able to purchase it.

rikichi

edible_candle said:
Do we have any details on the Gunmetal PS3 other than that it is coming to NA? I'd really like to know if it is an 80GB or 40GB, if it will include the Limited Edition MGS4 or standard, and how/where/when we'll be able to purchase it.

well, hopefully tomorrow on the playstation blog there will be some info on the gunmetal PS3.

Top Bottom