V has come to.
-Sounds like we'll be getting Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain separately. Ties into how Kojima was interested in episodic releases. Ground Zeroes first and then Phantom Pain, as Ground Zeroes "eases us" into the sneaking and whatnot, and Phantom Pain is a huge game that continues.
-Hayter is gone for good (Trolljima?)
-Ground Zeroes takes place almost immediately after Peace Walker, Phantom Pain 9 years later
-It will be open world unlike previous Metal Gears where you just show up at a stage and go in a linear path. Instead they want it to be "realistic infiltration", you choose how to infiltrate, where to infiltrate, and what time is best to do it. There could be side missions along the way that affect your objective.
-You will only play as Big Boss
-80% realistic, 20% sci fi/fantasy (fire whales and shit)
Earlier today, Kojima Productions announced that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain together make up Metal Gear Solid V. This made it sound like the two are the same game, but this isn’t actually the case.
We got in touch with Konami to ask just what the deal is with the two titles, and the publisher’s Director of Public Relations, Jay Boor, informed us that they are in fact two separate games.
“Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain are two separate games,” Boor clarified to Siliconera via e-mail. “GZ will be a prologue to The Phantom Pain.”
- The first open world MGS - the beginning is linear though since it serves as tutorial
- Currently schedulded for Xbox 360 + PS3 (Maybe even next-gen consoles, possible announcement at E3)
- Trailer is in real-time, running on Kojima Production's FOX Engine
- Snake is voiced by Kiefer Sutherland
- The crazy truth behind Joakim is..
- MGSV = Ground Zeroes + The Phantom Pain: "Ground Zeroes is a prologue of MGSV. 9 years after that event will be The Phantom Pain. MGSV is constructed w/ prologue and main game TPP. The game play demo I presented today is the opening of TPP which is tutorial that starts from crawling." - Joakim Mogren
- Snake wakes up 9 years after being in a coma and has lost many of his movement capabilities
- The whole hospital sequence is basically the tutorial of MGSV
- A bandaged man who introduces himself as Ishmael tries to help Snake to escape
GDC 2013 Panel
GDC 2013 Panel (YouTube)
Official YouTube (HD)
YouTube Mirror (HD)
GameTrailers interview between Geoff Keighley and Hideo Kojima
OP will be updated - if there's something I forgot then just PM me or Nirolak or the other mods can add stuff