• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Minimum System Requirements On Steam

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
What Konami's track record like for PC ports? The requirements sound reasonable, but I'm still not quite ready to believe this'll be a good port.

RK9039

I can play Vita games on Windows?

Specs sound good.

What Konami's track record like for PC ports? The requirements sound reasonable, but I'm still not quite ready to believe this'll be a good port.

Well, I have Rising, Castlevania 1 and 2 and they all run great.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
That feel when when I have a 460.

Gonna have to upgrade soon

Dylan

So, minimum requirements are usually never anything you'd actually want to play the game with.

Out of curiosity though, do a lot of PC games actually require a quad core processor? What if say, you had a Core 2 Duo @ 3.0Ghz? I'm wondering if games are now reliant on 4 cores to the point where they won't run properly on anything else?

Spaghetti

sounds pretty efficient. minimum and recommended specs are generally conservative estimates anyway in my experience, i've managed to fudge my way around getting higher settings on lower end hardware and even getting by on below minimum requirements.

edit: not sure if it's been posted anywhere but it was confirmed on the steam thread that the game has a max frame rate cap of 60. sorry people with 120hz screens.

DieH@rd

Banned
I'm very interested to see if they will increase LOD distances for objects/shadows pop-in on the PC.

This will decide for what system I will purchase the game.

Mohasus

but a ps3 and 360 can run it, why so high?

Lazy devs that can't optimize their games for PC. A 2nd gen i5 as a minimum requirement, oh wow. I wonder how it runs with an AMD APU then.

I don't even know why konami is even doing this considering the PES port released today.

They either just ported the PS4/XO version or the requirements are inflated, just like ACU and TEW.

Kezen

Banned
Pretty high CPU requirements, but I don't see the game being too hard on the hardware, even at max PC settings.

So, minimum requirements are usually never anything you'd actually want to play the game with.

Out of curiosity though, do a lot of PC games actually require a quad core processor? What if say, you had a Core 2 Duo @ 3.0Ghz? I'm wondering if games are no reliant on 4 cores to the point where they won't run properly on anything else?

Core 2 Duo... eeew. I had this before upgrading this year. It may work for cross gen games. Metal Gear Rising had an i5 sandy bridge as minimum requirement but it still ran really good on a HD4870 and a Core 2 Duo at 3ghz.

Also people, it's worth nothing that the minimum requirements are the same as Metal Gear Rising.

I'm very interested to see if they will increase LOD distances for objects/shadows pop-in on the PC.

Considering how console version terribly lack of texture filtering... the choice is already settled for me.

Pretty high CPU requirements, but I don't see the game being too hard on the hardware, even at max PC settings.

Same CPU requirement as MGR for minimum... i5 Sandy Bridge... likely to be i5 2400 at this frequency.

Spaghetti

wasn't this confirmed in the same press release that detailed support for 1080p+ resolutions and more dynamic light sources?

Eusis

Wow, the page actually says Windows Vita.
The way no one expected Microsoft to enter the handheld market: by buying Sony's. (EDIT: Beaten by being distracted in the middle of post writing.)

I feel like it might be a little more helpful to list the older mid-range card rather than a more modern low end card, but then graphic card names were always kind of screwy, especially from nVidia.

DieH@rd

Banned
wasn't this confirmed in the same press release that detailed support for 1080p+ resolutions and more dynamic light sources?

Those things will not impact much of my decision. Popin is much more noticeable for me. PS4 does not have large problem with it, but it would be nice if PC could preform better.

Spaghetti

Those things will not impact much of my decision. Popin is much more noticeable for me. PS4 does not have large problem with it, but it would be nice if PC could preform better.
like i said, i'm pretty sure something was said about the pop in with that same press release. i don't think they used the phrase pop in though.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
That sounds pretty good to me. Should run great on a GTX 670 and I5 3570K

Now we just need a price

muzzymate

Well looks like my Geforce 210 powered machine is out...

My Steam machine is powered by a Radeon 5670 which also won't cut the mustard

sprinkles

Exactly what I thought. A 650 is still too much for this, considering it's not an open world but, you know, a single map.
A 650 costs around 80-90€ and is the bottom tier of dedicated graphics cards you can actually buy today. I don't think that is asked too much.

Top Bottom