• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V Has Some Interesting Terms of Service

sonicmj1

I'm as pissed off about Konami's handling of MGSV's online stuff as anyone, and I literally haven't touched the game since the MGO/Insurance patch was released. But these Terms of Service don't seem much worse than any other online game Terms of Service. Any company can kick you off of their service and completely exclude you from things you purchased at any time for just about any reason, and there's nothing you can do about it.

gblues

Banned
This bit stood out to me when I was reading it. It seems like a bizarre thing to put in a ToS, and it kinda made me sad because it's probably one of those "somebody did it so now there's a rule" things:

Z4A56l9.png

Disxo

This bit stood out to me when I was reading it. It seems like a bizarre thing to put in a ToS, and it kinda made me sad because it's probably one of those "somebody did it so now there's a rule" things:

Z4A56l9.png

Wat?...If its there it happened damn

Btw, what happens if you decline?, I never tried

No, just because of the vitriol and general attitude.

Who are you even talking about? Nobody is defending Konami like a fanboy. It's just common knowledge that TOS is filled with ridiculous dumb lines of text that are hardly ever enforced.

The guy you were responding to isn't wrong. People are looking to shit on Konami in whatever way possible. And there's a lot to shit on, but scouring the TOS is like begging for something to find.

Who are you even talking about? Nobody is defending Konami like a fanboy. It's just common knowledge that TOS is filled with ridiculous dumb lines of text that are hardly ever enforced.

The guy you were responding to isn't wrong. People are looking to shit on Konami in whatever way possible. And there's a lot to shit on, but scouring the TOS is like begging for something to find.

Learn to read. I already said that I didn't make this thread to "make a stand", and I didn't make it to desperately find a reason to shit on Konami (as if you need to look far to find one). Came across a few topics on different sites talking about some kind of anti-modding lines added to the TOS recently, and decided to make a thread that also acts as a potential PSA for anyone using mods.

And on the contrary, there's several familiar faces in this thread immediately jumping to the defense like the fanboys they are.

Learn to read. I already said that I didn't make this thread to "make a stand", and I didn't make it to desperately find a reason to shit on Konami (as if you need to look far to find one). Came across a few topics on different sites talking about some kind of anti-modding lines added to the TOS recently, and decided to make a thread that also acts as a potential PSA for anyone using mods.

And on the contrary, there's several familiar faces in this thread immediately jumping to the defense like the fanboys they are.

So, once again, who are these constant fanboys looking to defend Konami? You keep painting a general brush but until you start naming names, it's all passive hearsay.

Still have not once accepted the TOS simply because I don't want to lose anything from FOB nonsense.

I haven't even touched it as well. And I don't plan to.

gblues

Banned
Wat?...If its there it happened damn

Btw, what happens if you decline?, I never tried

I capped it just a few minutes before that post. Totes legit.

If you decline, you don't connect on line and don't lose a big chunk of your resources as "online resources" and don't get your FOB raided by other players. It's horrible.
/s

Top Bottom