• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V to be released September 1st - Worldwide

Zornack

It would read as 1/9 in Europe, so that's where the idea the date has been in front of us is coming from. And yes, this is indeed a leak.

And the 84 refers to nothing?

I don't get where people even came up with the idea that "Coming 1984" had anything to do with the release date in the first place. The game takes place in 1984, that's all it's ever meant to me.

hoserx

Watch this be another kojima troll. Realeasing wrong date only to come out the next day to laugh in our faces

I was just thinking that. I really hope it's the case. I don't care if they move the release date up closer or push it back based on what was "Revealed" a few minutes ago........ I've got tons of games to play. I'd love to see one last great troll from him. haha

I think the fact that the story will be presented in a disjointed, "episodic" manner, on a mission-by-mission basis is probably the most relevant revelation in this video. Not sure if I care how that sounds.
Yeah, that worked real well for mgs4 and peacewalker

video cut off at 1 minute. Anything else showed or revealed that is worth mentioniing?

"Snake will be more of a 'silent protagonist', and act like Mad Max in MM1/MM2. The characters around Snake will drive the story more than Snake himself."

"This will be the last Metal Gear in the Metal Gear Solid series. For me the saga ends here, all the loose ends are tied up. So while there very well could be another Metal Gear game, it ends here for the overarching story."

"The game will be more episodic considering the open world nature of the game and the non-liner elements."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Watch this be a controlled leak with the real deal announced tomorrow as planned.

All according to Kojikaku.

Yes I don't want this to be true either

Pearson

Banned
brofist.gif

perfect

Mistah

Dawgie will come back the 3th April :D Hoorayyy he's only in the dog house. they didn't put him down...
yet

Ran rp

Is it me or is there little/no dithering in these clips? The video's too blurry to really tell but the game looks much cleaner.

Kain

OMG I just remembered my birthday is on september. This is going to be the bestest self-birthday gift ever.

Mooreberg

That is good timing relative to when all the other games I want to play are coming out. Then again, this would take immediate precedent anyway.

Vasili2K38

Perfect for me, all the summer to enjoy a lot of games, clear a bit the backlog and then ready for THE RETURN OF THE KING BABY.

Ricky_R

I'm ready.

Considering how little time I have for gaming nowadays, I'm sure this game will keep me quite occupied until Uncharted 4. :)

Boke1879

I honestly heard enough from the tapes and the cutscenes we've already seen. I don't need BB giving monologues. Just show me his descent into madness

kollapse

Neo Member
Having this in the summer would have been nice, but it was to be expected, in a way; Konami needs holiday sales numbers. Still can't wait.

Isotope

And the 84 refers to nothing?

I don't get where people even came up with the idea that "Coming 1984" had anything to do with the release date in the first place. The game takes place in 1984, that's all it's ever meant to me.

I'm gonna suspect many people never thought 1984 was a clue to the release date, and that the "game" will arrive in 1984, which is, as you said, when TPP takes place. The "19" I think is purely coincidental. It's Kojima however, so who knows!

duckroll

I think the fact that the story will be presented in a disjointed "episodic" manner, on a mission-by-mission basis is probably the most relevant revelation in this video. Not sure if I care how that sounds.

But this has been known since it was announced. I definitely remember reading an interview ages ago when he openly talked about it. He says the story in MGSV will be more like a TV series than an on-going movie, and missions are like episodes the player can choose to take on, and some will continue the main storyline while others might focus on the backstory of a character, etc.

Top Bottom