• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V to be released September 1st - Worldwide

AdanVC

Seriously IGN, why you are not more careful with such important and revealing things like this?? Someone at IGN must be having a really bad day for uploading it this early. But still, #HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nice! I've still got time to get the HD collection and actually put time into learning about the series before I pick this up.

Ran rp

eh. Dithering's still there. I think I'm okay with the September release. I have plenty of other games to play before then.

Well, ground zeroes is on PC already so the Engine has been ported (what i expect to be the hardest part of the process)

I cant see why they wouldnt release the same day (or perhaps month at the most) on all platforms

perfect month for Konami, no big competitors, june would be bad because Batman & Witcher

No, if they wanted no good competitors they should have done July or August. You can bet your ass there will be plenty of competition in September and onward as there is every year.

kmax

Kojima:
"I always say this will be my last Metal Gear, but the games in the series that I've personally produced - Metal on MSX, Metal Gear 2, Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, 4 and Peace Walker - and now Metal Gear Solid 5 constitute a single Metal Gear saga," Kojima says.

"With Metal Gear Solid 5 I'm finally closing the loop on that saga. In that sense, this will be the final Metal Gear Solid. To me, this is the last Metal Gear."

In other words, see you in MGS 6, Kojima.

SolidJum5

Neo Member
He also says that for him this really is the final Metal Gear, even if there are more after this. It'll close the loop in the story (MG-MG2 and MGS-V).

Well i got every single Metal Gear. Time for me to replay them chronologically.
MGS3: Snake Eater; Portable Ops; Peace Walker; Ground Zero; MGS1; MGS2: Sons Of Liberty; MGS4: Guns of the Patriots.

I think that's all...unless i'm missing something.

jett

D-Member
You mean as if GZ wasn't 'mission-based' just because it had only one story mission?

If it bothers you that much, just play Easy, and breeze through the Story Missions only. A mission structure didn't stop PW from having a coherent linear story arc.

Let me be super clear: I hate Peace Walker. :p

Hex

Banned
Well, if Halo 5 is coming in September then MGSV is gonna be wait listed for me.

This guy,
LCBzWD3.gif

Well i got every single Metal Gear. Time for me to replay them chronologically.
MGS3: Snake Eater; Portable Ops; Peace Walker; Ground Zero; MGS1; MGS2: Sons Of Liberty; MGS4: Guns of the Patriots.

I think that's all...unless i'm missing something.
MG1 and MG2 if you want to be thorough. If you have MGS3 Subsistence they are on the disc as extras!

Let me be super clear: I hate Peace Walker. :p

If GZ didn't clue you in that TPP was going to be a console version of PW, I don't know what to tell you, man.

The moment MB and Fultons was confirmed to be back in TPP, you didn't need Kojima to open his mouth for you to expect "oh, it's going to be silo-ed missions again."

You'd think with all the leaks we've had, people knew how to guard these secrets better. Guess not.

And WOOHOO RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED. Bit later than I expected (July/Aug) but fucking finally.

You mean as if GZ wasn't 'mission-based' just because it had only one story mission?

If it bothers you that much, just play Easy, and breeze through the Story Missions only. A mission structure didn't stop PW from having a coherent linear story arc.
actually it did

Kojima decided to hide the ending with you grinding missions

jett

D-Member
If GZ didn't clue you in that TPP was going to be a console version of PW, I don't know what to tell you, man.

The moment MB and Fultons was confirmed to be back in TPP, you didn't need Kojima to open his mouth for you to expect "oh, it's going to be silo-ed missions again."

I know, the second the fulton stuff was confirmed to return I became pretty apprehensive about this game. I was hoping it wouldn't, but there it is. I liked the no-bullshit "purity" of Ground Zeroes, when it I played I was hoping it would be an accurate representation of MGSV. But it ain't. We'll have to wait and see how all this PW business is handled in the game. We haven't really seen what micromanaging motherbase is going to be like, besides being able to walk around your base.

farisr

I hope there is a "preferred order" type thing in the game for missions so the story can flow smoothly. (like the game suggests you take a certain mission next, but you still have a choice to go for side missions) I really don't like disjointed stories.

Grief.exe

Well, ground zeroes is on PC already so the Engine has been ported (what i expect to be the hardest part of the process)

I cant see why they wouldnt release the same day (or perhaps month at the most) on all platforms

Really the initial console versions were ports from PC as Fox Engine was designed on the platform.

SJRB

Gold Member
Really, REALLY glad we finally got a date, but I'm thoroughly disappointed at how long it's still going to be before it's out.

valkyre

Well i am a bit dissappointed ... I was hyped for an earlier release...

Nvm ifit needs the development time to provide the best experience i will endure it!

One thing is for sure.

nobody got it right...

Reule

Later than I expected. I figured it'd been June or July but guess not. I'm assuming Uncharted 4 will be in November.

Top Bottom