• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V to be released September 1st - Worldwide

Marakh101

Neo Member
He didn't say it was gonna be the last Metal Gear, just the last game of this specific saga. He's probably right, what else is there to narrate about Big Boss?

Risev1

Guys.... That new Snake poster......

mgsv___diamond_joes_by_polarityplus-d801q4f.jpg

Man, the more I think about the worse this release date gets. How many games am I going to miss or have to backlog because of this release date. I hate fall release dates.

I think that was a different thing, that happened before this.

At least Batzi and Dawg were killed for their previous thread, don't know about Snake

I think snake_9jfhjsdorwhatever got banned in the Uncharted thread where a website said it was the biggest game of the year and it had a lot of members foaming at their mouths.

thats the point its filling in the gaps between peace walker and metal gear etc. If this is the last game this would be the one to fully pull the thread together and have a complete story without anything being left out.

Yeah, but I'm not sure why he would want to do it this way. The numbering makes no sense. MGS5 shouldn't take place chronologically before MGS4. I know it's technically "MGSV" but come on, same shit. And yeah, MGS3 took place before any of them, but at least that one actually set up information pivotal to what would come in MGS4, so story wise it makes sense. It doesn't make sense to have MGS5 be another prequel but without setting up for MGS6.

Not a huge deal, just irks me a bit. Game is going to be awesome, but I fully expect it to set up for future installments.

9/1/2015 is fine with me. I'll be busy with Witcher 3, Arkham Knight and a few other games over the summer.

Kojima just shoot himself in the foot. I don't know how much you guys know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame play a huge part in it. Now that the release date has been delayed for a 100th time from Jun to Sep nobody is going to want to buy the game. Kojima, apologize to everyone and bring back the June release date or kiss your business goodbye.

This used to be funny a few years ago, now it's just lame.

DieH@rd

Banned
EXCELLENT NEWS! Can't wait to play it.

As for Batzi, and rest of MetalGear GAF who got banned today.... All I have to say is:

"Every game release date has its beginning. But doesn't start at "one." It starts long before that, in chaos. The game is born... from hype.. The moment hype becomes real is the moment the game springs to life. One fanboy becomes two, two becomes ten, ten becomes 100. Banning it all back to one solves nothing. So long as hype remains, one... will eventually grow to 100 again."
big-boss-salute-o.gif

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Yeah, but I'm not sure why he would want to do it this way. The numbering makes no sense. MGS5 shouldn't take place chronologically before MGS4. I know it's technically "MGSV" but come on, same shit. And yeah, MGS3 took place before any of them, but at least that one actually set up information pivotal to what would come in MGS4, so story wise it makes sense. It doesn't make sense to have MGS5 be another prequel but without setting up for MGS6.

Not a huge deal, just irks me a bit. Game is going to be awesome, but I fully expect it to set up for future installments.

theres nothing to set up for a mgs6 because it is setting up for the original metal gear

Because Peace Walker.

xewind

Glad to finally have a release date for the game. I'm happy with it, altough I will probably be away from home on vacation (Vegas!) a week after the release.

Looking forward to it! And Kojima... how many times we have heard from you saying that it will be the last Metal Gear? lol.

Euron

Summer would have been nicer but all I want at this point is for it to come out and be amazing. Do it Kojima!

theres nothing to set up for a mgs6 because it is setting up for the original metal gear

Because Peace Walker.

I get that, and it's going to be cool. I just think that it should have been called MGS: The Phantom Pain, like Peace Walker, without giving it an actual number. MGS3 was actually integral to the Patriots plot, so it sort of doubled as giving us more information about that as well as showing us what happened with Big Boss. I thought it ended perfectly and I had no further questions about Big Boss. Peace Walker and Phantom Pain are extensions of this, but at least Peace Walker wasn't actually given a number and I think Phantom Pain shouldn't have been given a number either.

Story wise it made sense for MGS3 to be a numbered installment as it directly set up for MGS4. MGS4 still came after MGS3, chronologically. But now we have MGS5, but it's another Big Boss prequel that will probably just lead into MGS1, so I don't get why he numbered it as part 5. There's obviously a lot we don't know about the story yet so maybe it ends up making sense.

SJRB

Gold Member
Didn't catch the video In time. Will wait for yongyea to repost.

There is zero new footage in the video, unfortunately.

It's an interview with Kojima but there's nothing he hasn't said in one way or another, there's nothing new in it.

I get that, and it's going to be cool. I just think that it should have been called MGS: The Phantom Pain, like Peace Walker, without giving it an actual number. MGS3 was actually integral to the Patriots plot, so it sort of doubled as giving us more information about that as well as showing us what happened with Big Boss. I thought it ended perfectly and I had no further questions about Big Boss. Peace Walker and Phantom Pain are extensions of this, but at least Peace Walker wasn't actually given a number and I think Phantom Pain shouldn't have been given a number either.

Story wise it made sense for MGS3 to be a numbered installment as it directly set up for MGS4. MGS4 still came after MGS3, chronologically. But now we have MGS5, but it's another Big Boss prequel that will probably just lead into MGS1, so I don't get why he numbered it as part 5. There's obviously a lot we don't know about the story yet so maybe it ends up making sense.

Pretty sure PW was originally going to be MGSV but Konami wanted the number dropped since the psp wouldn't be a big enough seller to justify a numerical sequel.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at ign's offices right now.

SamuraiX-

I love how so many people complain that 6 months is too far away when Kojima is saying they're still polishing the game and putting all the last finishing touches on it.

After the latest slew of bugged and disappointing blockbuster releases, you would think people would have developed a little more patience.

Polish the fuck out of it, Kojima! I can wait. :D

Interesting that he doesn't mention consoles. I just hope we don't have to wait for almost an entire year for a PC release like with Ground Zeroes. ;_;

Back on 2008 my excitement for MGS4 was off the charts. Now I can't bring myself to be hyped for MGSV. Many of the things that I loved about MGS seem to be absent in V. The Sutherland fiasco is just one of many things.
I'll end up playing it but I just can't get excited.

Top Bottom