• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V to be released September 1st - Worldwide

thelastword

Banned
Great interview, man, the last metal Gear huh! What a ride, can't wait to play. Hope he gets a dev to remake MGS1 as he asked.

paolo11

Nice. It is a good release date for me.

I have time to platinum MGS 4 then. I am doing Chicken run at the moment.

FrankWza

I think there are other ways, but this format is clearly the easiest to handle. Alternatively, it could be huge open world hubs in each chapter, with each one playing out like a larger seamless version of MGS3. That would work too, and be more familiar for fans of older MGS games, but it would make it harder to fit stuff like Motherbase and multiplayer hooks seamlessly into the experience.

that would take this release date to end of 2016. and theyd probably have to cancel the last gen versions too

What if this is another elaborate Kojima troll and the game is actually being released in May? Have you guys considered this possibility yet?

Hoje0308

Banned
Boo! Was hoping it would release during the summer months when I won't have school to deal with. Oh well, just gimme a decent CE and I'll stop being mad.

duckroll

We'll have to wait and see how all this PW business is handled in the game. We haven't really seen what micromanaging motherbase is going to be like, besides being able to walk around your base.

It's mostly the same but expanded I think. There's even a mobile app you can use to manage the base while away from the console. You capture or recruit soldiers using fulton, you assign them to various departments, you can send troops on simulated missions, you pick stuff to build when you have the capability to expand, etc. Same shit, except this time you can walk around it too and other players can invade it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Great interview, man, the last metal Gear huh! What a ride
xpNla09.gif

Akiller

Just realized MGS1 was released in Japan on 3th September 1998.

He'll close the loop.
Solid Snake confirmed.

CHC

Great interview, man, the last metal Gear huh! What a ride, can't wait to play.

Oh we've heard that one before.....

Anyway, release date is a little later than ideal, but I'll take it. Eagerly awaiting news on the PC release date, I'd love if it were the same.

NAPK1NS

Kojima just shoot himself in the foot. I don't know how much you guys know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame play a huge part in it. Now that the release date has been delayed for a 100th time from Jun to Sep nobody is going to want to buy the game. Kojima, apologize to everyone and bring back the June release date or kiss your business goodbye.
Please say this is a joke post.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Worst possible date for me since I will likely be in the process of moving again at that time. :-/

Can't wait though.

This will be the last Metal Gear until Kojima gets excited by some new technology or idea. This always happens.

I don't see how this can close the story. It's another prequel with Big Boss. The story was already closed in MGS4 pending further notice. Getting more backstory isn't going to provide some new resolution. It might fill in some gaps that Kojima wanted to go into, but unless there's some huge twist where the first half of the game is Big Boss and then it jumps into the future after MGS4 and you regain control of Solid Snake, again I don't see how this can possibly be the "end." But we all know it won't be.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I don't see how this can close the story. It's another prequel with Big Boss. The story was already closed in MGS4 pending further notice. Getting more backstory isn't going to provide some new resolution. It might fill in some gaps that Kojima wanted to go into, but unless there's some huge twist where the first half of the game is Big Boss and then it jumps into the future after MGS4 and you regain control of Solid Snake, again I don't see how this can possibly be the "end." But we all know it won't be.

thats the point its filling in the gaps between peace walker and metal gear etc. If this is the last game this would be the one to fully pull the thread together and have a complete story without anything being left out.

Top Bottom