• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Wolf Chaos XD works on the original XBOX (lol)

stranno

I bought the Steam version and finished it a few hours ago. I noticed that the filesystem was exactly the same as the XBOX version, except the extra files from other languages and the videos (they have been converted from XMV to AVC+AAC).

So i tried on my original XBOX and..

qvS0WAP.png

xNpe7v8.png

enlCGVs.png

kjCdNhu.png

It works! Of course AVC videos dont play and menu is messed up, but some menus are translated and it can be played.

General Arcade even left the dashboard update :messenger_hushed:

Last edited:

stranno

Would it work on the 360 as well?
Idk if the game is retro-compatible with XBOX 360. And the "official" compatibility list doesnt list this game.

I have a hacked Xbox how do I do this!?
Just FTP the XD "rom" folder inside your XBOX and launch the default.xbe.

Release and Debug.xbe dont work. Debug could need a devkit unit or maybe a 128MB unit. I guess release.xbe is the "modern" game, with changed menus and stuff. While default.xbe is the original thing but it still use some new assets, like the translated menus (as you can see in the screenshot).

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I bought the Steam version and finished it a few hours ago. I noticed that the filesystem was exactly the same as the XBOX version, except the extra files from other languages and the videos (they have been converted from XMV to AVC+AAC).

So i tried on my original XBOX and..

qvS0WAP.png

xNpe7v8.png

enlCGVs.png

kjCdNhu.png

It works! Of course AVC videos dont play and menu is messed up, but some menus are translated and it can be played.

General Arcade even left the dashboard update :messenger_hushed:

Amigo, eres un genio, justo en el hocico xD!!!! Genius!!!

Amazing trick!!! xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom