• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metallica to perform with Lady Gaga at the Grammys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

When Metallica announced they'd be performing at this year's Grammy Awards ceremony, this coming Sunday, February 12, 2017, they promised something big. Looks like the word got out on what that performance might be.

Earlier today, Lady Gaga tweeted a video of commercial for the ceremony this Sunday announcing that she would be joining the legendary Bay Area thrashers for what is sure to be a must-see performance

QXkFUW7.jpg

http://www.metalinjection.net/shock...rm-with-lady-gaga-at-the-grammys-this-weekend

This is interesting, I wonder what she will perform with them. Gaga is no stranger to metal and Metallica doesn't shy away from interesting collaborations so this should be.....interesting.

Edit : I'm aware the article has it wrong and this is not her twitter account. It's being quoted as the source for the story everywhere, including Rolling Stone who actually cites it correctly as a fan site. The performance is legit though.

Surfinn

Gaga is a great performer and musician.. I was super impressed with her halftime show. Good choice. Great live voice too. You'd never know if you listened to her most recent album.

Sorcerer

I hope this is the setlist

Motor Breath
Whiplash
Fight Fire with Fire
Fade to Black

Actually they should just cover the first 2 albums in their entirety.

that is not gaga's account lol

also mess at them using a pic of her from her bowie tribute. they chose like the worst performance she gave in the last 2 years lol

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
awesome!

It's been known she's a huge metal fan. Part of me hoped Metallica or Maiden would pop up during the halftime show.

Well, Metallica got to perform the night before last year.

The only way I could see that happening is if Metallica and Maiden had had their commercial peak in a less conservative time period then they did.

In the US, Maiden also never had a single on the Hot 100, though they did chart on Mainstream Rock and their albums always charted. They only had a #1 in the UK (Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter). Metallica has had 7 top 40 hits in the US, which is huge.

... What??

No way. Anything on YouTube?

Tried to look it up, but couldn't find anything.

The video I saw was fan footage and it was rather short too. I think it was only a small part of the song anyway, kind of like a part of a medley or a tease.

Edit: Now this I'm really not certain about, but somehow I remember her even playing the main riff on the guitar herself.
It's also been at least five years since I saw it.

She performed Whiplash at Lollapalooza a few years ago. Or a different Kill'em All song. I can't remember which, but she definitely covered Metallica.

Well, Metallica got to perform the night before last year.

The only way I could see that happening is if Metallica and Maiden had had their commercial peak in a less conservative time period then they did.

In the US, Maiden also never had a single on the Hot 100, though they did chart on Mainstream Rock and their albums always charted. They only had a #1 in the UK (Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter). Metallica has had 7 top 40 hits in the US, which is huge.

THATS their only song to hit #1? Of all songs...

Pancake Mix

She performed Whiplash at Lollapalooza a few years ago. Or a different Kill'em All song. I can't remember which, but she definitely covered Metallica.

THATS their only song to hit #1? Of all songs...

http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/19901230/7501/

Yeah, I'm sure Harris is miffed that it was seemingly one of the few songs he wasn't involved in writing, and literally the whole band covering what was a Bruce Dickinson solo song with Gers and others. Furthermore, because of its nature, the BBC even refused to play it on Top of the Pops!

He didn't write their only #2 either, Be Quick or Be Dead off the next album.

Honestly, I was kind of hoping she would invite them as guests for the Superbowl. I'm sure this will be interesting and all, but can we finally get these fuckers to do the half time show?

Pancake Mix

Honestly, I was kind of hoping she would invite them as guests for the Superbowl. I'm sure this will be interesting and all, but can we finally get these fuckers to do the half time show?

I think they missed their window, sad but true.

At least they got the night before, last year.

Should be interesting. I remember seeing a tragic performance by Gaga when she was just starting out where she tried to perform a metal version of poker face. Her screams were awful but she's a much more experienced performer since then. I hope they stick to Metallica's discography but I guess we'll see.

If they do 'Spit out the Bone' with her, I'll buy every Gaga album that exists. (I won't listen to any, but I'll buy them and gift them to whoever likes that stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom