• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meteorologist Handed A Sweater During Scandalous Weather Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
A KTLA broadcast is making the virtual rounds via Twitter and Facebook, and it's awkward as hell.

Viewers were so horrified by the sight of meteorologist Liberté Chan's arms that an off-screen anchor handed her a sweater mid-report so she might cover her shameful upper body. As if by magic, a hand appears with a grey sweater. "You want me to put this on?" she says disbelievingly. "Why? 'Cause it's cold?"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/style/ktla-meteorologist-handed-a-sweater-during-scandalous-weather-report/ar-BBt4FyE?ocid=spartandhp

https://twitter.com/meg_mcgrath/status/731513301339774976/photo/1

Pretty ridiculous.

Edit: Apparently this was a joke put on by the station.

Reven

If you read the comments on reddit its made clear that this is that news teams form of humor. The meteorologist normally wears more conservative outfits than that, so a news caster handed her that sweater to poke fun.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I don't understand. Why...? Her arms look fine? Is it some ridiculously puritanical "oh no, bare skin!" thing?

I say let her wear as little as she wants.

Sure, I know as a broadcast professional it's up to the station. Bla bla bla. Looks like a jealous colleague to me.

gatti-man

If you read the comments on reddit its made clear that this is that news teams form of humor. The meteorologist normally wears more conservative outfits than that, so a new caster handed her that sweater to poke fun.

Funny but not smart in this day and age of Internet witch hunts.

Jealous housewives that don't look as good are the ones taking issue perhaps?

I just don't see the issue with the outfit. No cleavage even.

Since when does NoA own a weather channel ?

caGZpgu.gif

bryehn

On The Weather Network in Canada, the ladies wear sleeveless dresses or outfits all the time. Same with female sportscasters. Women generally feel comfortable in sleeveless shirts and dresses and it's nothing I've ever really given a second thought to because it's just so common. What the fuck? In LA no less.

If you read the comments on reddit its made clear that this is that news teams form of humor. The meteorologist normally wears more conservative outfits than that, so a news caster handed her that sweater to poke fun.

Oh. Well I do like seeing local news folk rib each other. Must have been embarrassing as hell though and the station probably won't be happy with the spin this got on Twitter.

Nowy

From Reddit
So, to be clear, I was watching this broadcast.
She wore the sweater for the remainder of that weather segment (1-2 minutes) and then took it off and just wore the dress for the rest of the broadcast (several hours).
This kind of thing is pretty in-line with the type of humor the KTLA hosts (especially Chris Borroughs, the male host here) inject into their morning news segments. Even more so on weekends.
Liberte (the weather woman) does typically wear more conservative dresses, so I'm guessing it was just an attempt by Borroughs to poke fun at her during a slow news day. She even came out and showed the dress that she planned to wear that day and explained it wasn't working with the green screen.
If the station really had an issue with her or the dress, they would have made her change or keep the sweater on the entire broadcast.
It's a bit ridiculous to go all SJW on this. Watch KTLA morning news for a few months and you'll start seeing that this is just kinda how they do things.

Here's another video of her being FORCED to cover her dress /s. They seem like they kid around a lot.

Wensih

But apparently they were receiving emails of people complaining from the selfie-video posted on the msnc article. The anchor was joking around by interrupting, but the complaints were being sent into the station, and then were compounded by people from the other side of the fence writing in to say how they shouldn't have, even jokingly, made her wear the sweater.

It's dumb all around.

This is actually a pretty great joke. I wish my local news casters were as funny as this. The ones around here just make terrible Dad jokes and fake laugh.

What's the demographic for tv news these days? I imagine it skews pretty big towards seniors.

But apparently they were receiving emails of people complaining from the selfie-video posted on the msnc article. The anchor was joking around by interrupting, but the complaints were being sent into the station, and then were compounded by people from the other side of the fence writing in to say how they shouldn't have made her wear the sweater.

And in the end, everyone thinks their shit stinks a little less!

shira

Trolling at it's best

reddit said:
So, to be clear, I was watching this broadcast.

She wore the sweater for the remainder of that weather segment (1-2 minutes) and then took it off and just wore the dress for the rest of the broadcast (several hours).

This kind of thing is pretty in-line with the type of humor the KTLA hosts (especially Chris Borroughs, the male host here) inject into their morning news segments. Even more so on weekends.

Liberte (the weather woman) does typically wear more conservative dresses, so I'm guessing it was just an attempt by Borroughs to poke fun at her during a slow news day. She even came out and showed the dress that she planned to wear that day and explained it wasn't working with the green screen.

If the station really had an issue with her or the dress, they would have made her change or keep the sweater on the entire broadcast.

It's a bit ridiculous to go all SJW on this. Watch KTLA morning news for a few months and you'll start seeing that this is just kinda how they do things.

https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/com...their_meteorologist_a_sweater_live_on/d36gz6b

mm04

KTLA is the most irreverent of the SoCal news outlets. They don't take themselves seriously at all.

Uh this seems like much ado about nothing.

This morning "news" show is like that Australian morning news show where the hosts crack lewd jokes all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom