• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metric toniiiiiight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason

oh man oh man oh man. Their live show has improved ten fold over the last year. Emily is so much more energetic and whips out those panty flashes like nobody's business. :D Their new songs kinda suck but the rest of the set made up for it. :) Urge to go to their saturday, sunday and monday shows riiiiiiiiiising.

Of the billion pictures I took at the show, these were the only decent ones.

metric1.jpg

metric2.jpg
metric3.jpg
metric4.jpg
metric5.jpg

metric6.jpg

metric7.jpg

metric8.jpg

metric9.jpg

metric10.jpg

B'z-chan

Banned
I like these shots they're pretty nice Jason, i assume you took them? I've never heard of their music. But maybe i'll go out of my way to search.

Jason

I would like to say the rest are on my hdd but alas...it's also not something I'd like to be caught doing in front of hundreds of people. She'd probably kick my ass or something too. :lol

She got close enough that I caught a whiff of her hair. So hot......

Drozmight

Ahahaha

So they've got a new album on the way? I hope it isn't a let down like Antics. Why didn't you like the songs?

Jason

A couple were a bit too chaotic while the others seemed uninspired. Hopefully they'll tighten up on the album (dunno when it's coming).

GG-Duo

damn. if i knew that Bright Eyes would play so early I would've gotten tickets to this too.
did they search for cameras?

also, yeah, i think their follow-up LP is gonna suck.

GG-Duo

BigJonsson said:
:eek:

I wanted to go but then it sold out too fast!

Since it's sold on ticketmaster,
and since they're gonna play Saturday, Sunday, and Monday night... you can probably find a scalper/person-with-extra-ticket outside the show.

Dress warm, though.

Jason

Jason's minidisc = dead. In the process of grabbing another one.

Scalper tickets were going for $30, BigJonsson.

edit: GG-Duo - security doesn't really check for anything. Just ID.

fart

Savant
damn. sounds like it was an awesome show. i actually like her new songs (if they're the ones you sent me a while ago).

GG-Duo

My first Metric concert.

Man, Emily's skirt was pretty short. And she would kick/run-in-place while dancing :O

Their Pro-One keyboard broke down during the start of the concert, so they were struggling with that for the whole night.
They attempted to make up for it by playing an extended version of Dead Disco where Emily crowd-surfed and also invited people on stage to dance around (which they did, but remember it's an all ages show so urr). They also passed out a case of bottled water.

Two new songs - sounded more 'rock' in comparison to Old World Underground, but the intros were pretty typical Metric. I liked what I heard.

Some banter about Bright Eyes - apparently Emily also went to last night's concert and met Conor. She said she swooned, teehee.
Also pointed out the Top 2 Billboard singles thing.

Jason

haha, I went again tonight. So very awesome...even better than friday's show. Note to self, next time I see Metric remember to grab a spot near front row center so I can discreetly grope Emily while she crowdsurfs. :p

emily1.jpg
emily2.jpg

emily3.jpg

Jason

And did they ever! :lol Wish I could've copped a feel. :(

edit: forgot to mention the opening act, The Two Koreas. Probably the next Toronto band to hit it big. A shame Birth From Above 1989 didn't show up for the show (stuck in Halifax).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom