Metro: Exodus announced (2018, big open levels, PC/XBO/PS4)

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
May 17, 2013
Nice. Hope they improve hit feedback. Only played 2033 (PS4) but some of the enemies were irritatingly spongy. I think the aiming controls/sensitivity were a little funky too, but it's been a while.

Sep 19, 2013
I agree. Metro had a very similar vibe to Half-Life 2. Going for an open world is bound to ruin what made the series special.
Exactly. I can understand why people would want to combine the 2 (since stalker will probably never live again) but metro felt like one of the last true bastions of excellent linear shooter design.

Feb 26, 2007
New York City
Metro is back baby! I bought Redux on a whim a few years ago after not playing an FPS since Medal of Honor Frontline. They wound up becoming new favorites of mine, so I'm grinning like an idiot at this news.

Goddamn, it looks beautiful.

Feb 22, 2006
Hell's Ditch
Explore the Russian wilderness in vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.[/I]
Actually, this makes it sound more like Metroid Prime, System Shock or Prey. If it's open world, then it's a pass for me, but if it's got some design behind it I back to being interested.

Xe4

Banned
Aug 1, 2014
Fuck yeah, new Metro. Always down for this. Open world is exciting, but I hope they nail the execution.

I'm hoping for a Stalker 2 spiritual successor.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Jun 8, 2004
So excited for new Metro. The first thing I bought for my PS4 was the remaster set and I loved them. "Vast, non-linear levels" sounds great.

Nov 14, 2014
It just means that the game will be available on the WinStore. Take Last Night, for instance: it was also advertised as "Coming to the store on Xbox One and Windows 10" but now has a Steam page.
Well, that's good. These two games plus Ori are what I got out of Xbone conference so far (plus AssCreed but that's all platforms for certain).