• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Exodus announced (2018, big open levels, PC/XBO/PS4)

EBE

Is this gonna look and or run like ass on a regular One? Because I thought the presentation footage looked amazing.

I though we were past the days where game companies try to past off CG/pre render videos as real gameplay.

I'm sure the game will be good
The graphics are most likely real for PC, just play Last Light and this isn't that big a leap. It's just a scripted vertical slice because these games have a more measured pace with the scripted moments not piling up on each other like here, but that works for a E3 presentation to get people hyped.

Strings

Really dishonest presenting that as 'gameplay', but whatever, guess everyone does it at E3 :/

Which point do you think was scripted?

Literally the entire thing. They could have at least tried to make the fight while closing the door etc believable, but nope.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Last Light still looks incredible. 4A's tech is out of this world good.

Vibranium

Banned
Open levels that aren't open world should please fans of the series worried about having a tight campaign. I am happy either way.

Is Arytom the main character again? It's been a while since I've played LL but wasn't
that his wife on the train.

Yes he is and hopefully he talks this time as he did in the Metro 2035 book, and the first one. I'd love to just play the game in Russian with him speaking like other characters (although hopefully 4A English subtitle all NPC conversations this time).

What do we want? Day 1 Ranger Mode.

Say it with me.

Day 1 Ranger Mode!

renzolama

I, too, would have this reaction to mutant demon bear

oh-shi.gif

Vibranium

Banned
I'm hoping the story isn't super dumb this time around like it was in Last Light.

Well this game is based off of the book Metro 2035 (Last Light was an original story) and the book is good, so I am optimistic. But yeah, the story has been so much better in the books.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I finished the first game but quit the second game half way through, just lost interest in it. Interested in this one though.

Vash63

Steam too

Whew, thanks for clarifying. Win10 being the only thing mentioned was scaring me. I'd kill for a Vulkan / Linux port but will probably buy this either way as long as it's on Steam! The Metro Redux games were some of the best Linux ports on the platform. Looks great.

RoKKeR

I think it's about time for another Last Light playthrough. Damn I love this franchise.

Expecting this to be a Summer release next year... would be a great window for it.

This game looked incredible. Among the games shown at the Xbox Conference, this was the game that stood out to me the most. The graphics were terrific, the atmosphere was perfect, and the options within the open world gameplay made it standout.

This terrible to admit, but I still need to play through the first two Metro games. I own them on two different generations of platforms (first on 360, then the collection on PS4), and have yet to play them. My backlog is immense...

Metro is an amazing series. Consider me hyped but, tbh, they are kinda hard. Metro 1 and 2 both had "that one level" that made you rage.

Finally a Stalker sequel

I'm down. Closest thing we'll get to Stalker 2, I reckon.

Hopefully it comes to PS4.

At first I was " oooh Metro "

then it opens " shit this is so Stalker "

day one

STALKER 3

IT HAS BEEN 84 YEARS

Hold on there people. Metro is the complete antithesis of Stalker, like literraly every single molecule is plus infinite and minus infinite different. A little estethic similarities doesnt make Metro into Stalker. One is the champion of freeform gameplay and ultra hardcore design for PC. The other is an onrails, heavily story driven scripted shooter for modern console audiences. We'll see how open the new Metro is and how it works, but it wont be Stalker.

Zenner

Is that an original soundtrack playing in the trailer? It's totally reminding me of something else that I've heard before, but can't place.

So the end of the trailer stated this is based on Metro 2033 and 2035. Scanning Wikipedia Metro 2035 is apparently was written after Metro Last Light and is a partial adaptation of it.

Seens a direct sequel for Metro 2035

(Spoiler for the Book)

Seens They left Moscow and the world is still shit, but at least the air isnt poisonous anymore.

Some spoilers from the last Book, Metro 2035:

The air is completely safe to breath outside of Moscow, and even in parts of Moscow, there's a major conspiracy relating to how "unlivable" the outside world is. It's a pretty amazing twist, so I won't detail the full spoilers.

I like that they seem to be continuing to adapt material from the original books the games are based on.

jryeje29

Super hyped about this came outta nowhere for me, i just might have to go back and play through the remasters for a little story refresher.

CHC

Really great showing. At times, a bit suspiciously scripted, but I don't doubt that it will look fantastic given 4A's track record, so I'm not gonna nitpick. If this can be somewhat STALKER-like, I'm all in.

Oh and great to hear that it will be on Steam. I just don't do the W10 store, period. I have one game that I've ever purchased on it and I hope it can stay that way.

eFKac

Hmm, not convinced. Looked very scripted for the demo purposes obviously, but I would have preferred another subway system with it's own unique story and open world.

brainslug

Not a huge fan of the first two Metro games, but this looked pretty good. Of course, will have to wait for proper gameplay videos. But I am mildly intrigued.

Top Bottom