• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Redux coming to Switch on February 28

Mista

Banned

Metro Redux is coming to Switch on February 28, publisher Deep Silver and developer 4A Games announced.

The collection, which includes both Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux, first launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in August 2014.

Here is an overview of the collection, via Deep Silver:
The critically acclaimed Metro Redux saga has been brought to life on Nintendo Switch. Immerse yourself in the post-apocalyptic world of the Moscow metro as you, Artyom, fight to save your besieged home station from all that would threaten it. Experience the events that came before Metro Exodus and experience the epic story on Switch for the first time.
Developed in-house by 4A Games, the Switch iteration of Metro Redux will contain both games and downloadable content. For physical editions, there is no extra download required.
Order your physical version from select retailers to receive The Ranger Cache pre-order pack which contains:
  • Metro Redux pin badge set
  • Game case sleeve
  • Double sided alternate artwork inlay
  • Four double sided art cards
  • A2 double sided poster
In 2013 the world was devastated by an apocalyptic event, annihilating almost all mankind and turning the earth’s surface into a poisonous wasteland. A handful of survivors took refuge in the depths of the Moscow underground, and human civilization entered a new Dark Age.
The year is 2033. An entire generation has been born and raised underground, and their besieged Metro Station-Cities struggle for survival, with each other, and the mutant horrors that await outside.
You are Artyom, born in the last days before the fire, but raised underground. Having never ventured beyond the city limits, one fateful event sparks a desperate mission to the heart of the Metro system, to warn the remnants of mankind of a terrible impending threat.
But will they even listen? Rather than stand united, the factions of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever.
Gematsu

Fbh

Cool I guess for people that absolutely need to play on the go or own no other console/or gaming capable PC.
These are super cheap everywhere else and one of the best things about them is the great sense of atmosphere that benefits from better visuals/resolution/performance.

Watch them ask 60 bucks for this.

These games get given away on pc every year or so.

I'm going to guess $40 which is what (I think) it launched for on Ps4/Xb1 (5 years ago)

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Played 2033 for the first time last year, did not understand why it even became a cult hit. Maybe the books are good, but the game's bang average, especially by modern standards. Maybe Last Light is much better or something..?

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
Metro's leak should have the same source as Kingdom Hearts' The story so far for Switch. So there is a good chance that the whole Kingdom Hearts saga, excluding KH3, could land on Switch :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Mr Hyde

Just finished reading the book. Loved it. Day 1 for this. Very curious to see how it matches the novel.

Vawn

Banned
Watch them ask 60 bucks for this.

These games get given away on pc every year or so.

An item's worth is whatever people are willing to pay. I can't blame publishers for setting prices to what will result in the best net profit.

I do wonder if Switch owners will ever stop paying such high prices for games that are so much cheaper on other platforms.

Freeway

Neo Member
I'm a little bit worried about the resolution in handheld mode
are the screenshots on Gematsu from the Switch version?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Nice if cheap and not too heavily compromised in the graphics department. The atmosphere in these games is incredible.

Playing this on Switch Lite.

Dude, this game is so impressive on it. I didn't know they could pull it off.

Plus I think this is the first time I popped in a game and there was no patches. This game was released in a completely functioning state on the cart! This is amazing! In fact I've encountered no glitches or bugs except the game froze once when loading a new chapter.

Incredible. A game without needing a patch in 2020.

Top Bottom