• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Reviewed - Nintendo Power

evilromero said:
I mean, would anybody go into Halo 3 and expect it to be drastically different the 2? I think Mario Galaxy has spoiled us.

*imagines Samus jumping around on tiny planets that look like fruit, killing Metroids*

I'd buy it.

ForzaItalia said:
Not at all. I fully intend to buy the game but can easily wait 3-6 months. To me it looks like much of the same and too much MP too soon after MP and MP2. Mario Galaxy, to offer you an example, looks like something I'd probably jump on when it's released because I see it bringing something different to the series. I'd jump at it the same way I did when MP was released because it breathed new life into the series, something I don't really see MP3 doing.

I've always been a Metroid whore. Sorry if I'm not jizzing over MP3.

The Gameplay is completely different, since this is the first FPS on Wii that is worth the abandon of the traditional controller. The best hint I can give you is to try the game personally. And then, if you've played Prime and Echoes, aren't you curious to see how the trilogy ends ?

I just hope that the OST this time will be at least on par with Prime, because Echoes was disappointing in that sense.

EktorPR

ForzaItalia said:
Not at all. I fully intend to buy the game but can easily wait 3-6 months. To me it looks like much of the same and too much MP too soon after MP and MP2. Mario Galaxy, to offer you an example, looks like something I'd probably jump on when it's released because I see it bringing something different to the series. I'd jump at it the same way I did when MP was released because it breathed new life into the series, something I don't really see MP3 doing.

I've always been a Metroid whore. Sorry if I'm not jizzing over MP3.

Clearly, I suck at sarcasm. :lol

And I understand, but I disagree: I think Corruption will inject new life into the series, based on the multiple impressions I've read and on what I've seen so far. Maybe I had lower expectations than you coming to this game, but all the latest happenings regarding Corruption, from the voice acting to the achievements, have been sufficient to pump me up for it greatly. And I love the games, but I don't consider myself the Metroid whore some of you guys appear to be.

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
The Gameplay is completely different, since this is the first FPS on Wii that is worth the abandon of the traditional controller. The best hint I can give you is to try the game personally. :lol

I just hope that the OST this time will be at least on par with Prime, because Echoes was disappointing in that sense.

Truth be told I bought MP2 a few weeks after its release, probably played 1/3 of the way through and never went back to it. I'll probably rent MP3 to try out the new controls that many of you guys are lauding.

EktorPR

ForzaItalia said:
Truth be told I bought MP2 a few weeks after its release, probably played 1/3 of the way through and never went back to it. I'll probably rent MP3 to try out the new controls that many game critics and ethusiasts are lauding.

Fixed for higher accuracy.

Branskins

Dirtbag 504 said:
I guess my only complaint would be that it's wierd to see a trilogy where the three games visually look exactly the same. But I'm anxious to see if this game will make wii FPS controls appealing to me, so far I still prefer a dual stick controller.

Uh... Halo? :)

Dirtbag 504 said:
I guess my only complaint would be that it's wierd to see a trilogy where the three games visually look exactly the same. But I'm anxious to see if this game will make wii FPS controls appealing to me, so far I still prefer a dual stick controller.

Dual stick controllers are as outdated as they come, that's why all FPS should go to pc.......the wii proved to me with RE4 that its at least better than any dual stick controller.....

Top Bottom