• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Hunters (DS) may have been delayed to March 2006...

The last time it was delayed, it was delayed from October 2005 to January 2006 so that the team could include online multiplayer. Today, EB Games updated their list, saying it's not coming out for a couple more months.

Memles

Nintendo doesn't release games of this size in January.

They release it at EASTER. Nintendo knows that holiday brings the dough.

I'm sure Mario Kart and Animal Crossing (not to mention the other amazing non-online games coming out this year) will tide me over. The more delays, the better for this game. I really want this to be an all out amazing game. It's going to be the blueprint of what a FPS should offer on the DS.

16 player online play or bust.

AniHawk said:
Hopefully the delay is so they can focus more on bringing a real Metroid game to the DS.

Metroid Dread is going to be the DS' first real Metroid game. Hunters is like a spin off, which is fine with me.

Although, it would be great to see them actually create a new FPS IP instead of throwing Samus into every genre imaginable.

Memles said:

In January 2005, THe Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap came out..on January 11, 2005 to be exact.

Juice

Memles said:

Particularly in Japan, Easter releases have really worked out for Nintendo in the last year. Some might say they're still riding the wave of success!

And personally, I think MP:Hunters should get all the time in the oven as it can, because it needs it.

For me: Kick the singleplayermode (Noone bought UT/Q3 for singleplayer and look how well it sold), focus on multiplayer. Include as many options as possible (adjustable time, special items on/off), mutators (instagib, low grav), many gametypes (CTF, Rocket Arena, Midair, LMS, Bombing Run (duh^^) etc.).

Maps with DIFFERENT SIZES that dont have to be symmetrical -.- (at least not if it isnt CTF). That bullshit about "wow, our maps are so big" sucks. It depends on how many players are on it. 1on1 is so different from (Team) Deathmatch or CTF. Look at UT (not onslaught)/Quake.

But the most important thing is BALANCE (Weaponbalance (poor in Demo), Item respawntime (!) the most important thing in UT 1on1 is to time the items like big shields etc. In the MPH-demo all items appeared too fast when picked up and you could get too much health too fast.

Maybe implement dodging (doubletap the strafebutton like with tha ballboost to do a quick hop to the side and speed up the gameplay.) Oh and make using the Morphball reduce your defence to half because it was so annoying already in MP2 when someone just rolls around and there is no way to stop him with even well aimed shots because they did no damage -.-

Phew. So my biggest fear is that Nintendo does a half-good Singleplayer Adventure and a Half-good Multiplayer... We already have Good Singleplayer Adventures with Samus... (oh and take notes from Tony Hawk's Online Features!!!!)

Memles

MiketheBSG said:
In January 2005, THe Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap came out..on January 11, 2005 to be exact.

I started out seriously, so I'm still clearly an idiot for forgetting Minish Cap, but I segued into an Easter joke and kind of forgot to think about what I wrote to open it.

Kroole

:Motorbass said:
We already have Good Singleplayer Adventures with Samus... (oh and take notes from Tony Hawk's Online Features!!!!)

Yeah. It would be frigging sweet to be able to download matches of the highest ranking players. It did wonders for Quake and I'm sure it will be appreciated on the DS too.

Top Bottom