• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime Remastered Graphics Comparison (Switch vs. Wii/GameCube)

angelgs90

Looks incredible.

FofC68ZakAE_5tu

FoerJUkXgAILxvv

FofC67-agAE25sv

Lasha

I just tried it for you. Its almost there, but not quite. The button mapping on Morph Ball and Missiles are switched if I remember correctly and there's no way to access the inventory in game from what I've found. The map is now bound to the pause button and both the Z button and R button are used the free aim.
shoot. That is a pity. So many games waste the excellent controller support of the switch.

Gorgyles

Banned
I agree somewhat about the atmosphere
Some things I don't like at all

-The new recharge animation after a save doesn't look as cool
-The impact of seeing the sun over the wall in Chozo Ruins is gone
-Generally the Samus suits suffer color wise

But overwhelmingly this looks great.
I need to start giffing the comparison.

Trogdor1123

I want this pretty bad… hard time justifying buying it right now with my new job eating up so many hours. Turned on my ps5 once in 2 weeks

Yeah they changed quite a bit and not for the better. I would still like to try it to see how terrible it controls with shitty joy-cons but I'd rather buy it physical so I can sell it back.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Yeah they changed quite a bit and not for the better. I would still like to try it to see how terrible it controls with shitty joy-cons but I'd rather buy it physical so I can sell it back.
I haven't seen any red flags myself because I didn't play the original but even the shitty joycons with twin stick controllers must be a whole dimension better than original's.

But I get it, the sole reason I mostly prefer upressed ports at 60 fps instead of "graphically improved" remasters is WWHD, that game ruined the day sky lighting completely.

LordOfChaos

Decent for a remaster but I still want way more out of MP4, which makes me really hope it's a new hardware showcase. 8 year old underclocked TX1 really holding things back now.

I haven't seen any red flags myself because I didn't play the original but even the shitty joycons with twin stick controllers must be a whole dimension better than original's.

But I get it, the sole reason I mostly prefer upressed ports at 60 fps instead of "graphically improved" remasters is WWHD, that game ruined the day sky lighting completely.
The game wasn't designed to use dual sticks even though the GC controller had dual sticks.

The original also ran at 60fps.

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Dolphin + wiimote still >>>>>>>>>>>>>. Big Pass...

edit: apparently we can use wiimote on Yuzu/Ryujinx, so no pass...

Last edited:

93xfan

Banned
It is between a remaster and a remake, but closer to a remaster.
A remaster to me is just taking a game and giving it higher resolution, less dithered shadows, higher Anisotropic Filtering for textures, etc.

A remake is a game that is at least remade visually, but can be rebuilt and have better controls (see the Spyro Trilogy Remakes).

A reimagining is something like Resident Evil Remake or Resident Evil 2 Remake.

That’s how I personally see the classifications. So to me, this is a remake.

Btw, loving most of the changes. Overall it’s a win for me!

Top Bottom