• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mexican president cancels Trump summit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Trump thought he could strong arm him by threatening to make him to pay for the wall then this guy cancels. Probably not how Trump wanted it to go. Don't try blackmailing foreign leaders, Mr. President.

Tovarisc

White House press secretary Sean Spicer says the Trump administration "will keep the lines of communication open" with Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto (PAYN'-yuh nee-EH'-toh) after he canceled a planned visit to Washington.

Pena Nieto tweeted that he was scrapping the White House trip, set for next week. That word came hours after Trump tweeted that their meeting should be canceled if Mexico refused to pay for a border wall.

Spicer says the administration will "look for a date to schedule something in the future."
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/late...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

This moron would bend over and cozy up with the orange turd if he wasn't part of a crumbling party, that paired with the fact that he is in the middle of an ongoing public shitstorm. I guess I can applaud something good came out of it.

The average blue collar Latino and the average American one aren't even a comparison. The hardest working people I've ever met were all Latino. It pisses me off that Republican voters are such cowards when it comes to competition. If you can't beat the black and brown man via work ethic better subjugate and demonize them with the apparatus of the state.

Tacitus_

BBC said:
"If Mexico is unwilling to pay for the badly needed wall, then it would be better to cancel the upcoming meeting," the US president wrote on Twitter on Thursday morning.

Well, someone got their wish.

HvySky

Why, only his supporters bought into that stupid lie

That's what I'm saying. We obviously saw through the lie, but his supporters ate that shit up, and how many do you think will actually stop supporting him now? The man can apparently do no wrong in their eyes, even when he's actively working against their own interests.

Dai101

Banned
The average blue collar Latino and the average American one aren't even a comparison. The hardest working people I've ever met were all Latino. It pisses me off that Republican voters are such cowards when it comes to competition. If you can't beat the black and brown man via work ethic better subjugate and demonize them with the apparatus of the state.

arAvNjD.jpg

Lol Trump thought he could strong arm him by threatening to make him to pay for the wall then this guy cancels. Probably not how Trump wanted it to go. Don't try blackmailing foreign leaders, Mr. President.

To be fair, he's got first row seats on how to do it, straight outta the textbook.

jstripes

Banned
So they're still moving ahead with the Scarborough Subway wall with Mexico?

Anyway, at least Trump can console himself with the fact that Trump Tower has the best taco bowls in the world.

BasicMath

All that talk about Mexico paying for this dumbass wall, for so long, and just like that the American people are fronting the bill. This is some stupid fucking shit.
I think what President Trump meant when he said Mexico was going to "pay for it" is that there would be payback for not paying for the wall in the form of higher tariffs and the end of NAFTA.

So in a sense, they WILL pay for the wall. You just misunderstood Trump.

Well done by Pena Nieto. And if we're really getting this wall, I hope it's just a fancy fence + drones or something cheap. I do want the BIG BEAUTIFUL DOOR Trump talked about though.

AlexBasch

For those that are scared for any kind of crisis

Oh, you think crisis is your ally ese! But you merely adopted the crisis; WE were born in it, moulded by it. We didn't see the economic growth until we were already a man, by then it was nothing to me but bullshit!

**Credit to kitsune fir the og idea

By the time i was able to vote i have already lived trough 1 major crisis and 2 devaluations. This shit don't scare me.
Seriously. Mexico has been a dumpster fire ever since I was born, 28 years ago. We're always in recession, inflation, crisis this, devaluation that. This shit ain't new. Maybe it will be a bit harder, but it isn't like our economy was all rainbows and butterflies before the demons of Doom hopped in through a portal.

Dai101

Banned
So they're still moving ahead with the Scarborough Subway wall with Mexico?

Anyway, at least Trump can console himself with the fact that Trump Tower has the best taco bowls in the world.

The fuck is a taco bowl? Asked every Mexican ever.

hawk2025

I think what President Trump meant when he said Mexico was going to "pay for it" is that there would be payback for not paying for the wall in the form of higher tariffs and the end of NAFTA.

So in a sense, they WILL pay for the wall. You just misunderstood Trump.

Well done by Pena Nieto. And if we're really getting this wall, I hope it's just a fancy fence + drones or something cheap. I do want the BIG BEAUTIFUL DOOR Trump talked about though.

Again.

WRONG.

This is not how tax incidence works.

AlexBasch

Oh Vicente, I wish you had been a better president than whatever you are right in Twitter.

He had the chance to do something great for this country after getting to kick PRI after 70 years of government, but threw it all away.

Anyway, I gotta recognize, he's good at Twitter.

BasicMath

http://i.imgur.com/zc2k8Mv.png

#Realtalk
Healthcare and education are a horrible waste. They both would just increase costs to make up for there being more money to throw around. And I think we're fine on agriculture.

Yep, let's go with infrastructure. We need that badly but nobody wants to do it.

That doesn't mean I don't want to Trump to renegotiate or kill NAFTA, though. We should still do that.

First time in my life I have agreed with Peña Nieto.

Good on him.

He should invite the president of China just to see how fast Trump's panties go down

hawk2025

Healthcare and education are a horrible waste. They both would just increase costs to make up for there being more money to throw around. And I think we're fine on agriculture.

Yep, let's go with infrastructure. We need that badly but nobody wants to do it.

That doesn't mean I don't want to Trump to renegotiate or kill NAFTA, though. We should still do that.

"Healthcare and education are a horrible waste."

Do you realize how that sounds?

Do you know what happens to Texas if NAFTA is gone?

Do you have any support for anything you say?

The US won't be fine on agriculture if Trump kills NAFTA. You do realize that?

CazTGG

Good. He wouldn't have been able to keep a smile on his face knowing all his bs.
Canada better cancel too.

Trudeau won't. He's been very wary of condemning Trump by name for any of the terrible things he's has said and done, namely on the grounds of maintaining a strong relationship with the U.S. Canada won't cancel nor will they prevent his inevitable speech in Parliament, regardless of how most Canadians would prefer Justin to stand up to Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom