• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGO patch notes 1.12

I know not many people are actively playing MGO here but for those of you that are I thought i'd post this update.

I stopped playing the game after the previous patch because it really broke the game with i-frames and made the whole thing incredibly frustrating. Although that doesn't appear to be in the patch notes it has been addressed by the team.

I loved MGO prior to that and actually commended the team Konami has working on it because they were doing an actively better job at supporting the game and keeping in touch with the community than the original team.

But yeah, the new patch seems to fix some big issues with the game and has the potential to bring me and hopefully others back into the fray.

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/online/notes.php5

・DEMOLITION+ Lv.2 will no longer trigger a thrown weapon to drop when killed by a knife.
・After diving, there is now a delay before you can dive again. *2
・Sprint duration is now temporarily reduced after diving. *2
・Crawling out of a cardboard box when prone will no longer produce noise.
・Increased damage output from the SVG-76 and M2000-D.
・Reduced the knockback and firing rate of the URAGAN-5.
・Increased stamina damage when landing onto enemy players from a height.
・Reduced stamina damage from cardboard box attacks and low kicks.
・Each player's network connection quality will now be displayed. *3
・Team creation in AUTOMATCH will now be prioritized for balanced number of players across both teams over preset party on a single team. *4
・The Rush Mode option is now removed from the mission selection screen in AUTOMATCH (except Xbox360)
※Rush Mode will now occur in random frequency
・A combat log will now be displayed when a player is fulton saved or woken up from sleep or stun status by an ally.
・The time bonus XP for the SABOTAGE mission has been adjusted.

Alienous

ehTw6.jpg

the tens of people still playing MGO are gonna love this.

Man konami dropped the ball with post game support here. oh and supporting the actual development of the game proper as well

Man. MGO 3 has been such a disappointment. My biggest complaint is that there's no reason to keep playing after you have all the limited gear they put in.

Demoskinos

the tens of people still playing MGO are gonna love this.

Man konami dropped the ball with post game support here. oh and supporting the actual development of the game proper as well

I'd say releasing balance patches so far after the fact is kind of the opposite really....

They've been adding content and balancing the game every few months since release.

People still playing this? Havent played MGo in ages. I thought they were done with this game already.

Stop with these posts already, obviously ppl are still playing it...

Glad they address dive spamming, thats the single most annyoing thing for me, they fixed everything else that pissed me off about the game in previous patches

Man. MGO 3 has been such a disappointment. My biggest complaint is that there's no reason to keep playing after you have all the limited gear they put in.

Depends what you want out of a multiplayer game. They have letter rankings now that go up or down depending on how well you play. Also, animal rankings to unlock such as foxhound emblem and doberman etc.

The team also acknowledge in the patch notes that their are a lot more issues for them to address. It's nice for them to actually outright say this and gives me hope that future updates will continue to make this game reach it's full potential.

The core of the game is fun as hell and there is still a very dedicated community on PS4.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
※Rush Mode will now occur in random frequency

#DROPPED

Who am I kidding? I dropped this after a week and hitting max rank on each of the classes. :x

This is totally dead on PC right? I tried to get into a game a few months ago and got nuthin'.

It's regional matchmaking. Not region-free. Konami fucked up. But yeah, the game is dead/dying on PC. Due to hackers and no controller/keyboard toggle.

Ludens

Banned
The way this game can resurrect/stay alive:

-make it F2P. Yeah, that's right. Microtransactions are already in, so make the game free to play on all platforms, create other cosmetic items and keep updating your store.
-cross-play between PS4 and PC with a proper server-based match system, dropping P2P.
-release new maps FOR FREE, and I mean NEW maps, not rehashed contents from SP.
-new heroes from past MGS games
-new modes

I'm pretty sure if Konami will ever do this, the game can keep on going, and they can keep on doing money. But, you know, in order to make money you need to spend money, so I doubt this will ever happen.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
-cross-play between PS4 and PC with a proper server-based match system, dropping P2P.

PC controller users can't even keep up with Keyboard users, what makes you think PS4 players will keep up?

+ Hackers on PC that Konami takes forever to ban/do anything about.

Ludens

Banned
PC controller users can't even keep up with Keyboard users, what makes you think PS4 players will keep up?

+ Hackers on PC that Konami takes forever to ban/do anything about.

Well, a proper server support should also provide a valid anti-cheat system, just implement VAC to be safe.
Regarding the keyboard vs pad, well, it's probably true, but let's have this option, better then nothing.
But we are talking about non-sense here, a proper support for this game won't happen.

Lord Phol

I played it a bit on PC 2-3 months ago and thought it was fun, but the playerbase was pretty dead and there were quite a few hackers.

Cotrip

A shame they didn't fix the flinch i-frames, that sucks.

But the rest is solid, great patch. The japanese team are listening to the fans, I hope they add clan system and text chat in the future.

Skeleton team making DLC maps for a dead playerbase is "proper support" now?

Are you even following the amount of patches and response to player feedback MGO is getting???

Its almost a completely different experience from launch... i honestly feel like only ppl that arent playing it would say it isnt supported... Also skeleton crew? do you even know the size of the crew?

You need to expand the userbase, and putting out paid DLC for a game with 5 maps is not a good way to do that.

What????? support is not the same thing as "expanding the userbase" dont move the goalpost... for the ppl currently playing, this game is getting tons of support

Ludens

Banned
What????? support is not the same thing as "expanding the userbase" dont move the goalpost... for the ppl currently playing, this game is getting tons of support

Well, if you expand the userbase you are also providing support to the game, for me they are related.
But the fact is, while the team is addressing some bugs actually supporting the multiplayer, there are TON of bugs present from day one and they are still unpatched. Why?
In those notes, did you ever see something related to the single-player? There are missing animations on PC, while the issue is not present on PS4. A lot of people can't even boot the game, getting a blank screen. For other people the game crashes after ending the prologue. There are a lot of reports, but those bugs were never fixed.

Konami is supporting the multiplayer (and FOB) because it's the only thing giving them money with microtransactions, very simple.

Well, if you expand the userbase you are also providing support to the game, for me they are related.
But the fact is, while the team is addressing some bugs actually supporting the multiplayer, there are TON of bugs present from day one and they are still unpatched. Why?
In those notes, did you ever see something related to the single-player? There are missing animations on PC, while the issue is not present on PS4. A lot of people can't even boot the game, getting a blank screen. For other people the game crashes after ending the prologue. There are a lot of reports, but those bugs were never fixed.

Konami is supporting the multiplayer (and FOB) because it's the only thing giving them money with microtransactions, very simple.

But this thread is about MGO3 specifically, which is what im referring to, not MGSV: TPP as a whole

Ludens

Banned
But this thread is about MGO3 specifically, which is what im referring to, not MGSV: TPP as a whole

Well, even for MGO only, in example, Konami told they were considering VAC; nothing from months. If you want a sane community, provide the right tool, because an anti-cheat system is essential for a multiplayer game.

Well, even for MGO only, in example, Konami told they were considering VAC; nothing from months. If you want a sane community, provide the right tool, because an anti-cheat system is essential for a multiplayer game.

You got me there...
I'm not gonna argue with the pc support
Ps4 support has been great

DryvBy

MGO is so fun online imo but I was always worried they'd stop support a few months in. Oh well. Glad it's still going!

Top Bottom