• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS5 Cover Art Ripped off By New Liam Neeson Movie

Nah... everyone bites everyone when it comes to movie posters. It's a limited space that you can really only do so much with since certain elements are required. I think I've seen a line up of dozens and dozens of movies posters that are all pretty much the same, just different head shots of actors/actor, different fonts/font treatment, and background.

AlexxKidd

Someone stop the madness!

cvr9781421509631_9781421509631_hr.jpg

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
You think that Metal Gear Solid invented the profile shot?

Majormaxxx

I think that the thread shows people see details and patterns in different ways. Something that is obvious to me is to others either negligible or downright non existent. It's interesting. At the same time, still other participants in the thread see even more details than me, but don't see the pattern. I still think there's a pattern and someone modeled the movie poster on mgs 5, but maybe it's a coincidence.

Kamina

Golden Boy
The movie is a plot by hideo
#TeamReal

Also the piss pictures are probably photoshopped or part of that weird fashion trend.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

The movie is a plot by hideo
#TeamReal

Also the piss pictures are probably photoshopped or part of that weird fashion trend.
Seems to me these are photshopped. Maybe it's a 4chan joke. Like the long running Richard Gere joke. Or the Kanye joke on South Park.

Toots

Gold Member
WTF? Are these all real?
I want to think they are real because I love the idea of Liam Neeson, classically trained actor and huge Hollywood star having no care in the world and just pissing hisself anytime he feels like it, but I really don’t know…

How much longer is Neeson gonna limp through these action films? Fair enough Taken was great but that was 15 years ago for God's sake!

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
MRxLJDU.jpg
lQqAMn3.jpg
4H0YFAA.jpg

Same font, same profile, same lighting.

Maybe it is the same graphic designer?

Wonder if the movie is any good :)

My God, Neeson's nose could cut fucking glass. His profile looks like someone who's bad at photoshop combined the top of one guy's head with the bottom of another's. You shouldn't have an Everest nose and a weak chin. Looking like some kind of Qui Gon Parrot.

Last edited:
This literally makes no sense. There is no gun, no transparent silhouette, and no bullet breaking through glass effect on the Metal Gear cover. And other things I could point out but won't.

Top Bottom