• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Spoilers Thread - #TeamBowie

dukeoflegs

Ending video will be Big Boss waking up in bed telling his pregnant wife, The Boss that had a strange dream about them working for a government agency, he gets an eye shot, out the agency steals his genes, makes his offspring with them, and the offspring kill him.
The Boss will reply "I told you to stop eating raw fish before bed"
"the worst part... I sounded like I had laryngitis my whole life"

Ishida

Banned
Big Boss, evacuating the base, toss a granade.
But thanks to the air, the granade comes back, and detonates into the chopper, creating a big explosion thanks to the C4 inside Paz.

Big Boss loses his arm, Kaz his sunglasses, Chico his hat.

While Benny Hill music plays on the background.

Vek

If you can indeed drive the forklift then I'll gladly pony up the cash for this. Riding a forklift loaded with paz/chico through enemy fire towards a landing chopper with ride of the valkyries playing? Yes please!

Lucent

Por-Que-No-Los-Dos.jpg

I have no idea

This made me laugh so hard.

I feel bad now.

RetroMG

A little off topic but:

http://i.4cdn.org/v/src/1394393129273.jpg

What an interesting theory. If that is true Kojima is god

I read an interesting theory on reddit that
Big Boss is cloned while he is in him coma between GZ and PP, and that the Punished Snake in PP is a clone, who then goes on to become the Big Boss that Solid Snake fights in Metal Gear 1 & 2. Thus, Snake is able to kill him in MG 1& 2, and he's still alive in 4.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Big Boss is cloned while he is in him coma between GZ and PP, and that the Punished Snake in PP is a clone, who then goes on to become the Big Boss that Solid Snake fights in Metal Gear 1 & 2. Thus, Snake is able to kill him in MG 1& 2, and he's still alive in 4.

I think some of us definitely buy the possibility that there is more than one Big Boss in MGSV.

However, I think Pseudo Boss being in MG1 and 2 is a bit of stretch. BB in MGS4 acknowledges that Snake beat him twice and that he will beat him a third time (with FOXDIE). How he survived Outer Heaven I don't know but he survived being burned in Zanzibar with nanomachines, the restraining technology of the Beauty and Beast members, and was reconstructed with parts of Liquid and Solidus.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I like it. One problem, though: Otsuka remains BB's Japanese voice.

If MGS4's intro is any indication, Kojima might pay more attention to his Western audience.

Decoy Octopus might just be imitating BB's voice.
So the theory works that way too.

Rojo

A little off topic but:

http://i.4cdn.org/v/src/1394393129273.jpg

What an interesting theory. If that is true Kojima is god

Let me just make sure i understand this. GZ is a movie to glorify BB and PP is someone else. Well wouldn't that make GZ the fake snake and PP the real one? Sounds like fans trying to hold on to the idea of hayter being gone is a lie. What if the song refers to you know the patriots in general representing society and BB as the outsiders who reject that life. It could also be seen as a analogy for the fans.

Looks pretty awkward during firefights to have your weapon holstered at all times unless aiming.

Also, it's not impossible that BB gets those scars at some point after escaping from the hospital. As for the horn, might just be a model change. Same thing with the eyepatch.

ElFly

This sounds really implausible given how
les enfants terrible are already clones of big boss, and now in GZ there would be a clone that is immediately adult?

e: movie theory is more plausible.

Erban1

If that theory was true, could we draw parallels between characters concerning FOX vs XOF? The significance of XOF and the fact that it's name is a mirror has yet to be explained, makes me wonder how everything will tie together.

les enfants terrible are already clones of big boss, and now in GZ there would be a clone that is immediately adult?

Well a 9 year old. But Nanomachines!
Hey it would bring a new meaning to the crawling section.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
EDIT:
Wasn't Big Boss reconstructed from parts of Liquid and Solidus for MGS4 or something?

Let me just make sure i understand this. GZ is a movie to glorify BB and PP is someone else. Well wouldn't that make GZ the fake snake and PP the real one?

Well we don't know if TPP Snake shown in Afghanistan is the real Snake. The one seen at the end with a leather jacket and a real cigar is supposedly the real Snake.

But whatever, I'm not even sure if this is real. It does fit, but man, I don't think Kojima is this crazy.

The thing is, we've seen that Ishmael (the guy who looked after Big Boss for 9 years) has his face all wrapped up, and is also voiced by Keifer Sutherland. So why would Sutherland voice two different characters?

Kojima also impersonated Joakim Mogrin, so, I don't think this is as crazy as it may sound.

#TeamCGI

Rojo

Well we don't know if TPP Snake shown in Afghanistan is the real Snake. The one seen at the end with a leather jacket and a real cigar is supposedly the real Snake.

But whatever, I'm not even sure if this is real. It does fit, but man, I don't think Kojima is this crazy.

The thing is, we've seen that Ishmael (the guy who looked after Big Boss for 9 years) has his face all wrapped up, and is also voiced by Keifer Sutherland. So why would Sutherland voice two different characters?

Kojima also impersonated Joakim Mogrin, so, I don't think this is as crazy as it may sound.

#TeamCGI

What i find to be the most that theory has going for it is the run time of the main mission being that of an average movie around 2 hours. Im more of a fan of the Gray Fox one mainly because im still waiting for him to become a big player in this series. It's not like he became BB's right hand man for nothing.

Sub_Level

How many game designers out there can make AAA game as weird as MGS and simultaneously self-insert themselves into it?

That's clout.

Nice touch. Makes me wonder, will recruits in Phantom Pain each have their own unique face/appearance? Would make for a good improvement over the generic balaclava dudes from Peace Walker.

You just made me realize: from the stream the guards in Ground Zeroes had actual different types of faces. I think this is a first in MGS history. If they can make a good 7 or 8 faces that they recycle and maybe a couple body type models if there's both male and female guards then it'd be fantastic.

Rojo

Nice touch. Makes me wonder, will recruits in Phantom Pain each have their own unique face/appearance? Would make for a good improvement over the generic balaclava dudes from Peace Walker.

Id only care if i can play as them like in Peace Walker.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Those glasses don't look like if it were from the 70's - IMMERSION RUINED.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I freakin love all the animations. Running looks so awesome.

e: movie theory is more plausible.

I'm still sticking to my theory that
Punished Snake is Solidus, since he has a lot more accelerated aging than the twin snakes. If you look at the timeline, you could technically have a young adult Solidus in 1984.

I'm thinking there's probably something entirely different going on in Phantom Pain, but I like to entertain this idea.

I freakin love all the animations. Running looks so awesome.

Sprinting looks weird, and some stuff like landing after a jump lacks a proper transition, but otherwise, the animations are pretty much what I expected from 4 before they revealed the same old rigid PS2 animations.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Sprinting looks weird, and some stuff like landing after a jump lacks a proper transition, but otherwise, the animations are pretty much what I expected from 4 before they revealed the same old rigid PS2 animations.

I disagree, i think it looks great.

lol would've been cool with og early 2000's kojima
p787vgf.jpg

Goddamn, Kojima really stepped up his clothing style.

Sub_Level

I'm still sticking to my theory that
Punished Snake is Solidus, since he has a lot more accelerated aging than the twin snakes. If you look at the timeline, you could technically have a young adult Solidus in 1984.

I'm thinking there's probably something entirely different going on in Phantom Pain, but I like to entertain this idea.

It wouldn't be the first time an actor becomes a major political figure in the United States.

Heavily doubt it though. He would be like 10 years old. There's accelerated aging, and then there's some Benjamin Button kind of shit.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still sticking to my theory that Punished Snake is Solidus, since he has a lot more accelerated aging than the twin snakes. If you look at the timeline, you could technically have a young adult Solidus in 1984.

Well, Les Enfants Terribles apparently came before GZ, which was confirmed by PW, Solidus came after them, so who knows! It also makes sense if we're going to see child soldiers, something Solidus accepted (for example: Raiden).

Top Bottom