• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.

co1onel

how are people getting 2014 out of that? even ignoring how incredibly unlikely the joke is i dont see a 14 in there.
If anything it's 4/8/19.
god i hope not

From the 1 at the beginning and 4 at the end I would assume. I feel like there's nothing in it other than that being the year the game takes place though.

PHOTOSHOP

vHFh5Aq.gif

NEVER FORGET :(

Kaz is saying 'sore de', not 'sorido'. It means something along the lines of 'Well then'. My Japanese isn't good enough to translate the line before it, though (4:25 in the trailer).

zychi

Banned
vHFh5Aq.gif

NEVER FORGET.

For some reason, I really think Hayter is going to be in the game near the end. Solid Snake is going to appear at some point, and it's going to be Hayter's voice. Maybe a post-credit scene or something, there's no way Kojima would blatantly come out and turn down a guy who basically created the character of Snake with his voice in America.

Kiefer is meant to be an older rough BB
Hayter is and always will be SS

eso76

game looks HUGE.

Trailers show an incredible amount of different locations and events, and the hospital escape from the reveal hasn't even been touched since.
Shocking.

And that was Mike Oldfield singing ? that's shocking too.

LowParry

This seems like a late 2014 / early 2015 titled game. The trailer shows a lot. Could be wrong but with how Kojima is with trailer and the amount we've seen, it's gotta be indication it's almost done.

Kaz is saying 'sore de', not 'sorido'. It means something along the lines of 'Well then'. My Japanese isn't good enough to translate the line before it, though (4:25 in the trailer).

My Japanese isn't very good, but I think you're right. I just wanted to hear Solid real bad, haha.

They're making diamonds with their own fallen soldiers.
Probably that's one way they're going to fund themselves.

By the way, I'm not making that up.

Men become diamonds?
Why are they emptying urns full of ashes if they were. And you can you get rich from turning meat and bones into diamonds?

Ah well then nevermind, I'm stupid about the mask part.
But still, why is he with Big Boss is my biggest question.

Well, Kojima has said that this will be the game where Boss went from being a hero to the world to being evil. Teaming up with Skull Face on something would sort of cement that. We already know that Skull Face is pure evil.

This seems like a late 2014 / early 2015 titled game. The trailer shows a lot. Could be wrong but with how Kojima is with trailer and the amount we've seen, it's gotta be indication it's almost done.
The game is most likely done. They're probably just in a polishing phase at this point.

soultron

Banned
They were born in 1972. Solid Snake kills Big Boss in Metal Gear 1 (and Metal Gear 2: SOlid Snake).

thanks for all the mirrors, guys.

If BB was dead then who did Solid Snake fight in Metal Gear 1 and 2?

Great trailer, and MGS 5 (I hate to use the V), is my most wanted game. Even after the disaster that was MGS 4, Kojima can pull be back in! Can't wait for it!

Born after he was dead? How does that make sense since Solid Snake battles Big Boss in MG 1 (MSX / NES) and MG 2 (MSX / MGS 3 Subsistance).

Les Enfants Terribles took place in 1972, before Peace Walker.

OK, I'm clearly way too tired (330 AM where I am) to remember obvious stuff like this.

So now what you're saying is that there's an actual chance that kid is Liquid?

hwateber

The lighting in the fox engine is incredible. Hoping to pick up ground zeroes on the cheap and watch/read up on the psp games. I haven't played a metal gear game since mgs4

zychi

Banned
OK, I'm clearly way too tired (330 AM where I am) to remember obvious stuff like this.

people have been saying it since the first time a little blonde kid appeared in a trailer.

kojima knows what he's doing, and if he's trolling, he's the best at it.

Well I remember him saying something about TPP possibly releasing late 2014 or eary 2015 depending on sales of GZ.

I'm trying to find a source but it's getting late. :X

It would be crazy if this game releases in just a few months like some were thinking...and my crazy dream I had a couple nights ago.

For reference it was an english trailer, and I got the impression from my dream that it was after the story trailer...so maybe the gameplay demo? I dunno. Probably just a dream.

AppleMIX

It is pretty widely accepted at this point that Eli is a young Liquid Snake. MGS has dialogue that places Liquid in the Middle East in his adolescence.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Wow... there's something about these trailers (and Metal Gear in general) that is just super appealing. This is no exception. Like, you know there will be humour and that the game will likely poke fun of itself in places, and somehow that makes the serious melodramatic stuff that much more epic. Also, I really have no interest in war and military and guns, etc. but Metal Gear makes me care. It covers all these themes in a fantasy world, which is where war should stay.

Everything about the trailer itself, from the teasing shots of people to the music choice is just great. Maybe it doesn't have the same impact as the initial Phantom Pain trailer, but it still gives me goosebumps.

I'm not even going to attempt to understand half of what's going on, but by gum I am excited.

Cosmozone

Couldn't resist and watched it. Cool as always, and fortunately not too spoilerific. Kudos Internet for saving it, lol.

JayEH

It's pretty much confirmed at this point. He looks a lot like him and the age fits. He's also fighting Big Boss. Daddy issues.

So maybe David Hayter is in the game after all...

As Solid Snake.

I honestly hope not.

Hayters voice is pretty much wrecked at this point. Just compare his voice acting from a younger Solid Snake in MGS1 to his final performance in Peace Walker.

He's barely able to get the voice out, it's a scrappy mess. Having that voice in a Solid Snake infiltrating Outer Heaven would just be stupid.

OK, after some squinting at radicals in my Japanese dictionary, the full line people think they're hearing 'Sorido' in is something like:

"No burial at sea? Well then..."

Nothing to get excited about, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom