• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael B. Jordan Joins Marvel's 'Black Panther'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

Coogler bringing his crew with him

Michael B Jordan will reteam with his Creed director Ryan Coogler for Marvel Studios’ Black Panther, inking a deal to join movie's buzzy cast, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

This would be the third time that Jordan will work with Coogler, who is helming the comic book movie as well as writing the script. The first time the duo came together was for the indie drama Fruitvale Station.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...micCon+(The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Heat+Vision)

Neoxon

Michael B. Jordan jumped ship to the winning team. Then again, he & Ryan Coogler are a winning combo.

Respect to marvel for going all in with a strong push for a film leading with black actors. They not being lazy with the effort with the most recent castings. Black panther is going up the ranks as most anticipated film, won't beat spiderman because spiderman is no1 since childhood but it's a solid 2nd place.

RIP Simon Kinberg's dreams.

This is phenomenal news. Marvel is really going all out on making Black Panther. Hopefully, MBJ doesn't get cast as a villain who does at the end of act 3.

I hope Captain America is in the movie too.

Dammit. Michael B. Jordan is a painfully average actor. He plays the same character in everything he's been in. I hope he has a small role.

Sounds like you're jealous of him being talented as fuck. Dude could be the next Will Smith. I guess Will Smith is average to you too. Only Tom Hardy and Fassbender in all movies please....

"It is unclear who Jordan would play but one source told THR that it could be a villain."

Black Panther |OT| Assassin's Creed

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
That's the second time an actor has played two Marvel characters in his career, and coincidentally it's the same character both times.

Khezu

That's cool, I liked him in Chronicle and Creed.

Though I also kinda think a Marvel villain, or a support character would be kind of a waste of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom