• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael B. Jordan Joins Marvel's 'Black Panther'

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the fuck could he play Namor
Isn't that locked up in rights hell

I don't think so? Maybe?

I think Namor might be in a similar situation as Hulk, in that you can't make a solo movie, but you can include him as a supporting character in other people's films.

Maybe. It's been awhile.

Wasn't there a fuckin' chart done in the last year?

I hope Captain America is in the movie too.

Sounds like you're jealous of him being talented as fuck. Dude could be the next Will Smith. I guess Will Smith is average to you too. Only Tom Hardy and Fassbender in all movies please....
Project much? On a positive note, I love that mbj is a total geek. Hope he gets a good role after the hot garbage of f4

maxcriden

This could be a reasonably understandable statement before Creed.

He knocked that out of the park.

I really have to say I think he's been a superb actor since The Wire and especially in FNL.

Dammit. Michael B. Jordan is a painfully average actor. He plays the same character in everything he's been in. I hope he has a small role.

Have you seen him in The Wire and on FNL? Two very different roles.

- J - D -

American Panther, let's go.

american-panther.jpg

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I don't think so? Maybe?

I think Namor might be in a similar situation as Hulk, in that you can't make a solo movie, but you can include him as a supporting character in other people's films.

Maybe. It's been awhile.

as much as i dont care for the character, namor would be wasted on a black panther movie.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I don't think so? Maybe?

Maybe. It's been awhile.

Its similar, they need I think Universals approval.

Would prefer a asian to play Namor since asians are even more underrepresented, but I would be ok if they cast him with Michael.

Yeah, there's the chart. That's what I was talking about.

Straight from Feige's mouth regarding Namor:

IGN: Finally, there were rumours circulating awhile back that Universal and Legendary Pictures were developing a Sub-Mariner movie, but there was also some confusion about who holds the rights to the character. So could Legendary make that movie at this point?

Feige: No.

IGN: So if a film were to happen it would be you guys making it?

Feige: Yes, but it’s slightly more complicated than that. Let’s put it this way – there are entanglements that make it less easy. There are older contracts that still involve other parties that mean we need to work things out before we move forward on it. As opposed to an Iron Man or any of the Avengers or any of the other Marvel characters where we could just put them in.

So I take it there's not going to be a Fant4stic 2 huh?

Kinberg's talking about moving forward with FF period. He said he'd like to make a sequel and not reboot, but I mean - you can't always get what you want.

Then again, nothing saying he can't do both. If there was, we wouldn't be talking about him joining this movie, right?

tw1164

I really hope this movie meets/exceeds everyone's expectations. I think the internet will break is it turns out to be a poor movie.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
This is what I wanted to see when Coogler joined on. That Human Torch redemption cycle.

Please tell me they're not touching Man-Ape with a 10 foot pole for this first Black Panther movie. The optics of that are...not good. I'll take Killmonger though.

Memory

Dammit. Michael B. Jordan is a painfully average actor. He plays the same character in everything he's been in. I hope he has a small role.

That is 95% of Hollywood roles, you cast people what they are good at and known for. Only the biggest and no names shift roles often.

If you want role diversity you go to the stage which isn't 100% immune to this either.

NotLiquid

So now that it's clear there shouldn't be conflict of interest in hiring actors already in one comic book movie of a rival studio can we please get J.K. Simmons for Homecoming even though he's in the DCEU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom