• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael B. Jordan Joins Marvel's 'Black Panther'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Marvel to Fox

vDHSXwV.gif

So now that it's clear there shouldn't be conflict of interest in hiring actors already in one comic book movie of a rival studio can we please get J.K. Simmons for Homecoming even though he's in the DCEU

The difference is the iteration of FF that Jordan started in is dead. deader than Namor himself.

fauxtrot

Banned
Sorry if this has been asked here or in another thread, but this has me thinking about something I've considered for quite a few years:

Do movie studios have clauses in actor's contracts for superhero movies that could keep them from playing another character for another studio? For example, if F4 did well and they were planning on sequels, would MBJ have been barred from playing another hero/character in the MCU? Is Ben Affleck barred contractually from being in a Marvel movie with Disney/Fox/Sony?

jph139

Really stumped on who he could be if the villain part is true. Maybe Killmonger. Do we think they're still doing Klaw as the big bad?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kinberg: We are totally doing Fantastic Four 2 with the same cast!
Marvel: Want to run that by us again?

Wait, I thought Marvel had already talked to Snipes re: Blade?

The rumor was that they were gonna do the "Snipes becomes Whistler, new woman becomes Blade" thing.

Cast all of black Hollywood in this. Angela Bassett as somebody's auntie. Denzel should've been T'Chaka. Danai as Shuri. Dora Milaje DECKED OUT in black female excellence.

shingi70

Banned
Remember when DC-GAF bragged about how diverse their line up would be?

Good times😊

It still actually is if you consider the fact that it took 13 or 14 films for a film starring a non white man, and even BP got pushed back right when Marvel got Spider-man back.

But then we should praise Diversity whereever it goes, its fucking awesome that Black Panther is going to bre hot fire, the fact that Thor is being directed by a Maori Man with a Black love interest, or the fact that Aquaman is being played by a Samoan and directed by an Asian Man.

While it is our job to put companies on notice, we should turn this company has more diversity then this one is fucking 2016.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Wait, I thought Marvel had already talked to Snipes re: Blade?

The rumor was that they were gonna do the "Snipes becomes Whistler, new woman becomes Blade" thing.

Even if that conversation did happen, talked to =/= actually going through with it. Plus they have expressed no interest in doing R-rated movies, and I can't imagine people would be happy with a PG13 Blade movie.

It still actually is if you consider the fact that it took 13 or 14 films for a film starring a non white man, and even BP got pushed back right when Marvel got Spider-man back.

But then we should praise Diversity whereever it goes, its fucking awesome that Black Panther is going to bre hot fire, the fact that Thor is being directed by a Maori Man with a Black love interest, or the fact that Aquaman is being played by a Samoan and directed by an Asian Man.

While it is our job to put companies on notice, we should turn this company has more diversity then this one is fucking 2016.

da fuck happened to Jane

Amazing news! I really thought his involvement with F4 would make him completely unwanted by Marvel for at least a good few years down the line.

Congrats to him.

Sojgat

Even if that conversation did happen, talked to =/= actually going through with it. Plus they have expressed no interest in doing R-rated movies, and I can't imagine people would be happy with a PG13 Blade movie.

I could maybe see them doing it PG13. Vampires do ash after all.

PreFire

Lol so the article mentions they don't know who Jordan would play.. That it could be a villain.. ROFL I mean what happened with Craptastic Four? Wasn't that "movie" from just last year? I thought there were talks about a sequel?

Is he going to be playing two characters in Marvel? It'd be funny if him and Chris Evans would do a scene together down the line and make a joke about it.

I like Michael B. Jordan, but he's no human torch IMO.. In fact, the rest of the fantastic four didn't capture their respective roles IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom