• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael B. Jordan Joins Marvel's 'Black Panther'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

How you gonna confuse Wood Harris and T.I

13174096_10104050752506383_4558087341201756798_n.jpg

Hagi

Considering how close the BP is to Infinity War, as in right before the movie, there's also the best possibility of the New Avengers being the enemy trying to invade Wakanda.

What's the point of Infinity War if you are going to kill the Avengers in Black Panther?

Alil disappointed if he's playing a villain would love for him to stick around into MCU. Does Black panther not have some who usually sticks around? Like war machine is to iron man etc?(don't know much about panther)

Depending on the role, he could do really well in the universe. I was thinking the Non Compete would still be in effect by the time production starts, but maybe it was just a one year thing and he wasn't signed for more movies (or maybe he was and the sequel's cancellation freed him).

I thought the rights were similar to the HULK. You can't make a Namor movie, but you can bring him out in other movies?

It's unknown if that's the case. I have read that Legendary and/or Fox may own some rights to Namor, but it's all hearsay. What's known is Marvel can't make a solo Namor (or Hulk movie). Well they can, but Universal would have first rights to distribute it, at this point. Disney is not going to allow that. Universal can't make a Namor or Hulk movie without Marvel's approval. Marvel can use Hulk in any of their MCU movies (presumably without using "Hulk" in the title). We don't know if the latter applies to Namor as well, so far, he hasn't been mentioned in any MCU movie.

Apathy

Going the Chris Evans route of being in a terrible fantastic four movie and then joining the superior MCU, love it

People suggesting white wolf. Is white wolf not... White? I could never tell in the Priest run if he was white or just Terrence Howard.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
People suggesting white wolf. Is white wolf not... White? I could never tell in the Priest run if he was white or just Terrence Howard.

White. His parents crash-landed and died in Wakanda, and he survived and was adopted by King T'Chaka.

Then T'Challa was born and he suddenly became even more of an outsider.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Black Panther really sounds interesting, is it true that Wakanda is the most advanced country in the Marvel world?

Maybe. Remember, Marvel has countries like Atlantis, occasionally Attilan and shit. Wakanda is up there, though.

Imm0rt4l

If he played kill Monger, he probably wouldn't have to worry about an accent. But he doesn't have the size, I'm sure they can work around that. He looks like a vibraxas though.

Yeah IIRC the white wolf not being of the same race as the rest of the Wakandans is an important part of his character, I don't think it can be MBJ. Also wasn't White Wolf older? Or am I remembering that wrong? I remember a guy in his late 30s and clearly older than BP.

That is the side thing about Hollywood they don't really have the range of minory actors they have for white people.

Morris Chestnut?

I could see it.

Given that there's about... five guys who could conceivably do it on the Hollywood roladex.

If Elba wasn't already involved I'd probably say him.

Maybe Ejiofor?

Cool. hopefully it's not some minor supporting role and he gets to be the main villain or something instead. Love the partnership between him and Coogler, thought fruitvale was just aiight but creed rocked.

Black Panther really sounds interesting, is it true that Wakanda is the most advanced country in the Marvel world?

Yeah Wakanda has the quantity and the quality, definitely tops.

Latveria's problem is that Doom keeps hoarding everything in his castle.

Attilan has some crazy tech but they don't really focus on it besides Maximus, they probably got(had) the most firepower thanks to Black Bolt powered weapons. Took them no time flat to subdue a super advanced alien empire and declare Black Bolt the new king.

Paskil

I'm really exited for this movie, even more so after Civil War. Question, will I like Creed if I think boxing is stupid and that the Rocky movies are bad?

Given that I have no context on the character, can you elaborate?

He's Marvel's Superman, who quit being a government Superman because he wanted to go fight for what he believe to be right (civil rights).

He's gotta be more than just a buff guy who can make quips. He's gotta be everything that DC's Jesus-Supes failed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom