• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Douglas: oral sex caused my cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I'm interested to know about getting it from having your dick sucked... the article did mention cervical and anal cancer... can HPV give you dick cancer?
Hmm, checked wiki and found this graph of cancer cases:

Cases_of_HPV_cancers_graph.png

Shagwell

Not sure, but if you have or get it, that can spread it to the other person, and cause them to get throat cancer.

What, I'm sorry but dont get what your response means.

This one time on Entourage (yeah, I know) one of the character's had to get tested for something or another and I'm pretty sure they had to put cotton swab the 'ol D-hole. That's not an actual test is it? Because I'm terrified of it if so.

Fucking amazing show, only recently watched it myself. Which bit made you react specifically, the pie face, or the language?

My grandparents (86 year old Brits) love it too, even with the swearing and everything else.

It wasn't one particular bit, it's the whole reaction/escalation of the situation (ending such a long and seemingly very happy relationship over what I think is a trivial matter). The mob is serious business.

And yeah the pie face and the acting was great.

It's one of my best friend's favorite show, and I've often seen it named and ranked as the best or one of the best TV shows ever. I was just never attracted to it because I never really liked the mob genre in TV or film.

DBT85

^^^^^^^ fucking perfect.

It wasn't one particular bit, it's the whole reaction/escalation of the situation (ending such a long and seemingly very happy relationship over what I think is a trivial matter). The mob is serious business.

And yeah the pie face and the acting was great.

It's one of my best friend's favorite show, and I've often seen it named and ranked as the best or one of the best TV shows ever. I was just never attracted to it because I never really liked the mob genre in TV or film.

Fair enough. It does touch a lot on the more day to day life side of the mob as well which you might not realise, it's really not all just killing the guy who fucked you over. It's a mob bosses family life, how he deals with it, how he doesn't deal with it, how they deal with it, the toll it takes on everyone involved, the issues that being in the mob brings, the distrust of everyone once you are in a position of power that anyone can challenge you to, the consequences of everything, etc.

It really is great and only really the last season is a long one so you can rattle through it fairly fast.

Fair enough. It does touch a lot on the more day to day life side of the mob as well which you might not realise, it's really not all just killing the guy who fucked you over. It's a mob bosses family life, how he deals with it, how he doesn't deal with it, how they deal with it, the toll it takes on everyone involved, the issues that being in the mob brings, the distrust of everyone once you are in a position of power that anyone can challenge you to, the consequences of everything, etc.

It really is great and only really the last season is a long one so you can rattle through it fairly fast.

Oh yeah I know about all that and I'm fairly sure that I'd love it if I watched it, but I can't bring myself to do it. I rarely watch TV shows in general and I feel like I missed the boat on this one.

Schrade

What's interesting is the HPV vaccine only mentions ages up to 26 or so. Is it not recommended for people older than that? Is there some sort of risk or something?

Schrade

If someone hasn't got the virus by 26 they must be really shit at pulling

There are multiple different strains of it though. Sure, you may have one type but what if you don't have the particularly deadly HPV16 and want to vaccinate against it?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm interested to know about getting it from having your dick sucked... the article did mention cervical and anal cancer... can HPV give you dick cancer?

Yes, HPV can also cause penile cancer.

Too late, we've all got the virus anyway

Completely inaccurate and frankly dangerous thing to be saying.

There are numerous strains of HPV. While you're right that most people have been exposed to HPV, it's probably one strain and you could still later be infected with the others. The vaccine covers 4 of the most common strains, 2 of which are the ones most frequently associated with cancer.

Bottom line: Get the vaccine. And it's only recommended for certain ages because those are the studies they have to support using it. There's absolutely no indication that it would be dangerous in other groups.

Riposte

However, Kumar expressed scepticism that Douglas's cancer was caused solely by HPV, and surprise at Douglas's assertion that cunnilingus could also help cure the condition. "Maybe he thinks that more exposure to the virus will boost his immune system. But medically, that just doesn't make sense."

Essentially: "I'll eat pussy 'til I die!"

GRW810

This thread has made me want to give both more and less oral sex. Zeta-Jones gets me in the mood, then cancer balances it out.

way more

It's a shame republicans don't eat pussy. Otherwise this might encourage them to support a nationwide vaccination program.

Big-E

So a Canadian doctor found it after all his other doctors failed. I thought America was best in the world?

I never realized certain STD's led to cancer. Or is HPV a different animal?

It's a shame republicans don't eat pussy. Otherwise this might encourage them to support a nationwide vaccination program.

To the surprise of many, Texas governor Rick Perry mandated all girls under 12 get the HPV vaccine. I believe that law was shot down a couple years later by a womens rights group.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
How the fuck is eating more pussy gonna cure cancer?

Wait...why am I even questioning this? TIME FOR DINNER

leadbelly

Banned
How the fuck is eating more pussy gonna cure cancer?

Wait...why am I even questioning this? TIME FOR DINNER

It's the other way around Timedog!

Man, I don't recognise you these days Timedog. Your reputation is dwindling. The moment I saw blame space on Gametrailers I thought, "this is the new god of neoGAF"

It's the other way around Timedog!

Man, I don't recognise you these days Timedog. You're reputation is dwindling. The moment I saw blame space on Gametrailers I thought, "this is the new god of neoGAF"

blame space has always been the hero of NeoGAF. Evilore has admitted as much but still refuses to give blame space his $10,000.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Thread title: Oral sex caused my cancer

Michael Douglas said:
But yeah, it's a sexually transmitted disease that causes cancer. And if you have it, cunnilingus is also the best cure for it."

What?

leadbelly

Banned
blame space has always been the hero of NeoGAF. Evilore has admitted as much but still refuses to give blame space his $10,000.

blame space has a manly beard. Timedog can only dream of having a beard so good.

Timedog's beard would cower in the presence of such heavenly locks.

Now, if the solution to curing a cancer caused by performing cunnilingus is more cunnilingus, then, obviously, the solution to aids is more raw dogging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom