• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Jordan Hit With Paternity Suit by Alleged Former Mistress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reiko

Banned
http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/celeb-ne...y-suit-alleged-former-mistress-223815868.html

Geez... Worst time for the Jordan laughing GIF to be banned from GAF. lol

Michael Jordan is already a father to two sons … but has he pulled off yet another three-peat?

An Atlanta woman named Pamela Smith claims she had an extra-marital affair with the Chicago Bulls legend in 1995 (while he was still married to Juanita Vanoy) and is suing him to take a paternity test to prove he fathered her son, Grant Pierce Jay Jordan Reynolds, who was born in June 1996.

In Smith’s February 7 court documents, which were first obtained by TMZ, she states that once it’s proven that Jordan, now 50, is the father, she wants him to pay child support, as well as medical expenses for the 16-year-old, who goes by the name Taj.

It’s unclear why Smith, who calls herself “America’s Hottest Love Expert” on her Twitter page, has waited so long to prove paternity or how long her affair with the six-time NBA champion lasted.

Oh it's clear all right. Dollar signs are in her eyes...:/

Any ideas on this situation GAF?

(No really, that GIF is banned)

That gif got banned? Fuck.

Anyway, Jordan sucks at everything other than being the GOAT and selling shoes. Such a failure of a man.

Wouldn't surprise me if the kid is his.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Kid is 16, college basketball recruiters must be salivating. Put him in the dunk contest, let that be the paternity test!

EDIT: I also wouldn't be shocked if the child was his. 1996 was Jordan in his prime. If she was just out for a payday, she could have easily gotten it then. If Jordan was giving her hush money up until recently, but then it sputtered off. Possibly might have told her they'd have a future together and she was spurred to take public action because of his fiance...

Kid is 16, college basketball recruiters must be salivating. Put him in the dunk contest, let that be the paternity test!

But his sons suck.

You might get caught up by a robot mod with no understanding of context, but I dont' think the gif is banned. This thread it is clearly appropriate. In a thread asking the question "Why isn't it a good idea to have armed guards in school" a jordan laugh will get you banned because it's dismissive and adds nothing.

t26

Karl Malone's illegitimate daughter won 3 WNBA titles, so it probably help growing up without everything handed to you.

S0N0S

I'm not sure that he meant it as though that specific gif is banned. I took it as if you make a post with just a meme/gif and no other, substantive content, that would get you banned.

I'm - still - a Junior Member, but I think it would be perfectly acceptable to post that gif in this thread. Just make sure that's not the only thing in your post.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The woman can't be dumb. She wants child support and medical expenses. No way Michael pays...unless the kid is his. They're going to want a paternity test before anything, unless he already knows the truth. The man is loaded. He could easily just throw a couple million at her, and bury her in confidentiality agreements and this will disappear.

When they claim paternity right away, I think gold digger maybe out to make a name for themselves. She waited 16 years and put her child's name and reputation on the line as well, which add some validity to the story in my mind.

I don't think the GIF is banned, he just meant avoid it as a single reply to anything.

Pretty much just add your own 2 cents about the subject and THEN you can post the GIF. :p

Noirulus

I'm not sure that he meant it as though that specific gif is banned. I took it as if you make a post with just a meme/gif and no other, substantive content, that would get you banned.

I'm - still - a Junior Member, but I think it would be perfectly acceptable to post that gif in this thread. Just make sure that's not the only thing in your post.

I'm with you here. He seems to have used it as an example to explain the exhaustive use of reaction gif replies rather than attack the MJlaugh.gif in specific.

ntropy

mj-laughing.gif

bjb

Banned
Fuck it. This woman seems shady beyond belief. Waits years to bring up these accusations while proclaiming herself as "America's Hottest Love Expert". Jordan probably is laughing right now:

michael-jordan-laughing.gif

If I were a mod, I'd ban all of you guys for using the gif for like 20 minutes just to fuck with all of us.

One of many reasons why I'll never be a mod.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Michael isn't banned. If you spam that shit mindlessly and add nothing to the conversation, that's a no-no.

Avoid general meme images/gifs, two word replies, or anything that can be construed as spam. Do you have something to say? It's not likely to be said via a meme image, unless it's original content or directly relevant to the thread. If Reggie says Nintendo's going third party, responding with notmyproblem.jpg may be tolerable, to a point, but it shouldn't be dominating the thread or replacing discussion. If it's been done already, leave it alone, or it'll become spam in that context.

It's relevant in this case, so once or twice should be fine. Just don't spam it.

But his sons suck.

You might get caught up by a robot mod with no understanding of context, but I dont' think the gif is banned. This thread it is clearly appropriate. In a thread asking the question "Why isn't it a good idea to have armed guards in school" a jordan laugh will get you banned because it's dismissive and adds nothing.
Marcus Jordan was pretty good and was progressing before he suddenly started mailing it in towards the middle of last year. He was a campus favorite and regularly provided a good show.

He wasn't MJ's level - nobody is, but he wasn't close to garbage and probably could have had some NBA looks if he kept checked in mentally. He's "taking the year off" so it is possible, albeit likely, he could come back next year to play for UCF. He's still on campus taking classes.

Jeff Jordan wasn't that good, though. Was serviceable when our main PG was out due to NCAA sanctions, but other than that he rode the bench after transferring from Illinois and eventually left the team during the season last year.

shira

He done broke anyways.
All his money is stuck in the team and he's living off of shoe royalties.
He ought to give her shares in the Bobcats and season tickets.

genjiZERO

You know I've got to say for the most part Jordan has done a good job of keeping his shit out of the lime light. When I was a kid there were always rumors about Jordan and hookers, but other than the silly gambling thing nothing ever really got out for sure. Kid probably is his.

xenist

Oh look, she waited until something significant happened and there was a lot of press around Jordan.

Whatever, he can deal with ten more children.

Big-E

Pretty much anyone on the planet, I would say that the woman is lying. Because it is Jordan though, I think we all know that this woman is 99.99% telling the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom