• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft acquires Zenimax/Bethesda

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I always wonder if these acquisitions really make sense. MS could finance 75 exclusive AAA games, each costing $100 million dollar, for that money. Now they've just got the studios and the IPs. The IPs are valuable but IMO both Fallout and Elder Scrolls are long past their prime. IMO it's a waste of money.

Sultan711

Neo Member
If? You don't spend 8 billion to help Sony. Jim Ryan caused this money hatting everything Microsoft needed content there you go. Great job Jim you get timed exclusives Microsoft got studios.
They did buy Mojang tho for $2.5 Billion, when talking about super big franchises that will sell in all platforms you don’t just miss the majority of the market and make them exclusive to your system. Imagine if Microsoft made Minecraft an exclusive just to sell 10 million more xbox systems that wouldn’t make sense right?

Absolute fucking earthquake, but they did need this to really combat Sony. I didn't get any indication the rest of studios they've acquired were really gonna put on over on Sony in any significant way, but this will make them extremely competitive at the very least.

tusharngf

NvUcUM0.jpg

my bet is fallout vegas 2 is coming !!!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Personally I think all the announced Bethesda games will come to PS. I don't think they'll can them, but you never know.

1. Immediately can them on PS and just do Xbox and PC

2. If development is underway (Deathloop), do a PS game as planned but cut off all new stuff going forward

3. Release games on all platforms as Bethesda does as normal

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Don't get me wrong, I personally enjoy a lot of Bethesda's output (I still play FO76, believe it or not), but the internet as a whole has a hate-boner for Bethesda so I'm curious to see how many people are going to flip opinions after this acquisition goes through.
Haha yeah, many fanboyos will flip opinions over these news, but thats only up to them.

Microsoft has probably wanted to own DOOM since Windows 95.
They went as far as this, so yeah, seeing Doom being owned by them is kinda weird. ^^u

FMX

I doubt that they make these games exclusive. They will still release on PC and Playstation but will be released as part of Gamepass.

onesvenus

After the initial reaction I have one big question. Arkhane Studios is part of Bethesda right? so why does Sony have exclusivity with Arkhane over the IP that is coming out at the end of this year? My bet is that they will not get the big titles exclusive
It's a temporal exclusive and I'd say that they will fulfill the agreements made before the purchase

DJT123

Oh shit. MS were always going this (nuclear) route. Hence, Sony's moves with 3rd party exclusivity. There's no way MS are reacting to Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom