• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft acquires Zenimax/Bethesda

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest

Not Banned from OT
They did buy Mojang tho for $2.5 Billion, when talking about super big franchises that will sell in all platforms you don’t just miss the majority of the market and make them exclusive to your system. Imagine if Microsoft made Minecraft an exclusive just to sell 10 million more xbox systems that wouldn’t make sense right?
That's the only one avowed, fable ect are not going to the PS5. This is the bargaining stage of grief. This is for the Microsoft has no exclusives crowd. Probably forced by halo and money hat Ryan

Js562

QqEpwF8.gif

Good

ethomaz

Banned
That is actually a great purchase.
The best of all MS minor purchases since 2018.

Smart move and probably a way to counter the PlayStation in a long run with games like Oblivion being console exclusive to Xbox.

I feel a bit sad because I never liking Oblivion I was looking forward Starfield... no I will never play it... but that is how the gaming industry should be.

PS. The biggest lost for PS fans is probably Doom.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Don't get me wrong, I personally enjoy a lot of Bethesda's output (I still play FO76, believe it or not), but the internet as a whole has a hate-boner for Bethesda so I'm curious to see how many people are going to flip opinions after this acquisition goes through.

As someone who played the Elder Scrolls (and their Terminator games) on PC in the 90s, I can safely say Bethesda has ALWAYS been shit and never had a QA department. But their IPs have always been solid gold.

Wow, I doubt many big Bethesda games will come to PlayStation consoles if any at all. Xbox consoles, pc, switch, xcloud have more than enough big audience to offset any losses from Ps-only users, Oh and every Bethesda game day one on gamepass😱😱😱

KAOS

They will probably go the route of exclusive or timed content but I doubt they will keep games from other consoles. They are not Sony!

Aion002

Personally I think all the announced Bethesda games will come to PS. I don't think they'll can them, but you never know.

1. Immediately can them on PS and just do Xbox and PC

2. If development is underway (Deathloop), do a PS game as planned but cut off all new stuff going forward

3. Release games on all platforms as Bethesda does as normal
Yes.... But Bethesda older games like Fallout 3, 4 and Skyrim could be removed from PS Now...

And MS will make all those games fixed on Game Pass, plus new Bethesda games probably will be day one on Game Pass.... MS just made the Game Pass a must buy thing for a lot of people and fucked the PS Now....

Things might get ugly for consumers if Sony decides to go to war and start buying studios....

Last edited:
Wtf. If these studios knew about this prior to their spotlights in the PS5 events that is pretty awful unless they fully disclosed it and have an agreement to release these games on PS5 anyway (Deathloop and Ghostwire that is). But somehow, I can't imagine that is the case, that Sony would agree to spotlight games for companies that belong to their competition. I was not expecting this at all.

Garani

I guess it's time to invest in a good pc.

I have one already, so no reason to play Bethesda on console.

Microsoft: "Elder Scrolls VI, bitch."

Which, IMHO, sucks balls. And Fallout too. I understand that there are people who love them, but I never managed to digest them.

I hope they go exclusive, but knowing MS they won't. They want that money.

As long as they are on PCs, they are not really exclusive. Isn't that what was said about Bloodborn and other games being release on PS5 and PC?

Arun1910

Consuming 3rd party companies like this to get better first party titles seems so dirty to me. Those are great 3rd party franchises and good for MS, but that leaves Sony players out for sure.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Even if I always believe that a Microsoft aquisition is better than a Sony one since games will also be available on PC, I would not like this to become a war between these 2 console giants buying all third party studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom