• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varteras

Gold Member
Gold rush is over for today boys!!!

And just before I was about to offer a tongue bath

Im Horny Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

hlm666

wait so both sides are getting grilled by the judge for incompetence?

I cant say I expected that at all. This has been such a roller coaster.
They made a mockery (both sides) of the whole process, he doesn't want this shit to create precedent going forward. Curious to see how he makes sure this shit gets bought into line and not something he has to endure again.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not entirely.

That's the reason the judge emphasized "you stand by your original decision"

How can the CMA stand by their original decision so fervently but also outside things have changed enough for them to come back to the table and negotiate (namely FTC appeal rejection immediately causing CMA to negotiate and the Sony contract from yesterday). How does that make this a new deal?

See, the CMA wants to frame this as a new deal so they don't a take loss but ALSO want to stand by their original decision. So they want the judge to hold this, keep their place in line, but also recognize this is a new transaction but also keeps the same queue for the old transaction being restructured. Legally, this makes no sense and the judge knows this. Basically CMA is trying to save face by calling this restructured and a new RMS while also not starting over from zero and basically just picking up where they left off. Also, if the CMA and MS don't have a concrete agreement, we risk just coming back to the court later (even if the odds are 0.01%, that is still a possibility) and thus how can they be asking to "pause" the CTA while also saving face by saying its a new RMS but also keeps all the original investigations and processes in place to save time later. It makes no sense.

How can they do that legally and not be considered to be wasting the court's time?
So if I’m reading this right(?), the CMA wants as a default decision their old deals in place, but if they and MS have anew deal, have the judge just go by the new deal which is WIP?

Im eyeballing it, but it’s only 60 hz refresh. I have never had a pc run at more than a 60 hz screen so I actually want higher tha. That as every core PC gamer has 100+ screens so I’m just trying to tag along not knowing g anything but just copying.

I was looking at this for $1800 CDN.

Nice! With an onboard 3070ti, if you ever wanna cruise above 60hz you could just plug it into a monitor and absolutely devastate most games. Then if you wanna play "on the go" (ie a different room than your monitor) the 60 is probably fine. just my semi unsolicited two cents :)

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Nice! With an onboard 3070ti, if you ever wanna cruise above 60hz you could just plug it into a monitor and absolutely devastate most games. Then if you wanna play "on the go" (ie a different room than your monitor) the 60 is probably fine. just my semi unsolicited two cents :)
Shit I never thought of that as every laptop I use I just use it as is. I’ll see if IT has a good monitor around they can give me for home use… which I’ll use for gaming! Lol

Last edited:

ToadMan

I think its because it hasn't been finalized and they're still in negotiations.

Which means, it has nothing to do with the initial decision made by the CMA and that's all they're discussing today.

They shouldn’t have brought this appeal “suspension” forward until they had a complete and agreeable resolution on the table.

As it is, this is an attempt to just side step legal processes.

Astray

The "We haven't seen it" part is confusing, didn't MS present the deal with the 'small divestiture' to CMA a few weeks ago as per their own statement ?

have they just been sitting on it ?
MS is also not willing to make a closed statement about it in court. Which is weird.

Something bad is brewing, and the judge clearly doesn't want to part of it.

Wtf is going here?
I am so confused as FK
He's saying either give me a good reason to adjourn this or we are moving forward.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
This case just continues to be full of irony. First the console SLC is dropped and everyone thinks the CMA will pass it then they deny it due to cloud of all things. MS appeal to CAT, which they seem to have been doing well in.Now it seems the CMA and MS have come to some sort of agreement only for the CAT to be the stumbling block?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom