• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft / Activision Deal Approval Watch |OT| (MS/ABK close)

Do you believe the deal will be approved?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zapper

if what I'm reading here is true... what an embarrassment, what a shame to think of being protected by these regulators...

the ftc have proven to be incompetent idiots, the cma has gone further, they are proving that an independent government agency is not an independent, it can be bought...

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

The judge has understood everything and he's telling them that he won't take part in the charade if they have already decided to let the deal pass before they have already read the new proposal :pie_grinning_sweat:
It just has the optics of looking corrupt.

The transparency of the merger has been completely lost with a backdoor deal. The public(consumers/businesses) have a legal right to challenge the CMA's inability to apply the legislation and block the merger for a console, esports and cloud gaming SLC given by the info at hand from the FTC case.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Wtf why does he have a series s box on the table?
Is that what Microsoft bought the CMA with? /s

Disgusted Emma Stone GIF

They are hiding something and not explaining what's really gone on behind closed doors. This judge is having none of it.
Not entirely.

That's the reason the judge emphasized "you stand by your original decision"

How can the CMA stand by their original decision so fervently but also outside things have changed enough for them to come back to the table and negotiate (namely FTC appeal rejection immediately causing CMA to negotiate and the Sony contract from yesterday). How does that make this a new deal?

See, the CMA wants to frame this as a new deal so they don't a take loss but ALSO want to stand by their original decision. So they want the judge to hold this, keep their place in line, but also recognize this is a new transaction but also keeps the same queue for the old transaction being restructured. Legally, this makes no sense and the judge knows this. Basically CMA is trying to save face by calling this restructured and a new RMS while also not starting over from zero and basically just picking up where they left off. Also, if the CMA and MS don't have a concrete agreement, we risk just coming back to the court later (even if the odds are 0.01%, that is still a possibility) and thus how can they be asking to "pause" the CTA while also saving face by saying its a new RMS but also keeps all the original investigations and processes in place to save time later. It makes no sense.

How can they do that legally and not be considered to be wasting the court's time?

Last edited:

tmlDan

Why can't they share the details of the restructured deal with the judge?

This is so sus and stupid. Why it "can't be done?"
I think its because it hasn't been finalized and they're still in negotiations.

Which means, it has nothing to do with the initial decision made by the CMA and that's all they're discussing today.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Enjoy the laptop, mate. Which manufacturer are you eyeing?
Im eyeballing it, but it’s only 60 hz refresh. I have never had a pc run at more than a 60 hz screen so I actually want higher tha. That as every core PC gamer has 100+ screens so I’m just trying to tag along not knowing g anything but just copying.

I was looking at this for $1800 CDN.

GHG

Gold Member
"it's price sensitive"

My guy, this judge isn't your average wallstreetsbets degenerate, he's already cashed out and doesn't care.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I think its because it hasn't been finalized and they're still in negotiations.

Which means, it has nothing to do with the initial decision made by the CMA and that's all they're discussing today.
Still stupid. They are asking the Judge to stop the appeal he will be presiding but they are not even proving that material changes have indeed happened -- let alone what material changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom