• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announced Xbox Game Pass subscription service

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
For families this will offer huge value. Imagine as a 13 year old having 100 games on tap.

I always laugh at my nice and nephew who don't know how good they have it with 24/7 availibility of endless cartoons and movies

Exactly. I try to explain this to my 8 year old, and he has no concept of not being able to instantly watch virtually anything he wants to see.

lostcauz

Seems like new games are being added to the catalogue.

Xbox one
Bioshock 1 and 2 (from collection)
NBA 2K16
WWE 2K16

Bioshock infinite
Borderlands
Xcom

Can't access any at the moment and majority were GWG but I didn't buy the bioshock collection so would like to play through those games again.

m23

Xbox one
NBA 2K16
WWE 2K16

Bioshock infinite
Borderlands
Xcom

Can't access any at the moment and majority were GWG but I didn't buy the bioshock collection so would like to play through those games again.

Nice to see added games during the preview stage.

Ushay

Xbox one
NBA 2K16
WWE 2K16

Bioshock infinite
Borderlands
Xcom

Oh damn, I may go for Infinite. Didn't this one get a remaster for Xbox One too?

I didn't realize Bioshock 1 and 2 were the remasters when I saw the news of this on another site. Welp, now there's technically two more titles I don't already own in addition to Dark Void on alpha Xbox Game Pass. If it wasn't for Breath of the Wild rn and Mass Effect: Andromeda soon, I'd actually take advantage of my alpha access and play those for nostalgia's sake.

Edit: Oh, and I don't own the sports games as well. Those don't register for me though, heh. Maybe I have that WWE one through GwG? Idk.

Ganhyun

I imagine its some sort of glitch from them being added and the system not working as intended yet. Guess thats why they are giving i to the preview members to test and work out the bugs.

Sure, that goes without saying as testers in the alpha ring. I don't think any of us sounded surprised or entitled about the state of how it's working. Just mentioning it. I often report things to the software team.

Does anyone know what update you have to be on to have access to this? I am in insider preview beta and I don't see it. I got an update last week but no sign of gamepass.

Ushay

I'm assuming the preview version is free for us? Because when I open a game up on it, it displays a price in order to download it?

sangreal

I'm assuming the preview version is free for us? Because when I open a game up on it, it displays a price in order to download it?

yeah it's free -- I think the new games added don't work, or so I've read

you should only see a 'keep it forever' price

edit: yeah the new games are busted. the rest should show 'owned' like so:

mgp.png

Damn, I was looking forward to seeing Rapture again for the first time in years this weekend. Reported the issue anyway, just caught in a launch game > gamehub loop.

jesu

Those recent games have been taking out again.
Shame, I started Bioshock last night and wanted to finish before Mass Effect coming out next week :(

m23

Those recent games have been taking out again.
Shame, I started Bioshock last night and wanted to finish before Mass Effect coming out next week :(

I just went to start Bioshock after downloading last night and it was gone.

Chris1

I think they removed bioshock games from the game pass, it's no longer apart of it any more. Hasn't worked for me for a few days either.

I'm guessing it'll be added in when they officially release the program. They were probably just testing it out.

PaulLFC

Looks like it's extended out to April 28th now instead of the 7th

They also added Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
Seems they might have changed the membership for testers too? Or it was a glitch - the pass disappeared from my Memberships list, I found it in the store and had to 'Get' it again as a "Free 1 month" to reactivate it.

I had a survey through to my email talking about my experience with the Game Pass.

My feedback was generally positive, it was easy to navigate and use. And the concept is great.

The preview game selection was understandably limited, with many games that were recently in Games with Gold.

Like any subscription service such as this, content is what will make or break this. I am sure when it officially launched we will see a solid selection of games and I hope it grows over time.

jbug617

Banned
Microsoft has confirmed that the subscription service will be leaving the Xbox Insider program on April 28th, saying that the program is getting close to launch.

"Thank you for participating in the Xbox Game Pass Alpha Preview," the message reads. "You feedback has been invaluable and will make the service better for all gamers....We're getting close to launch and Xbox Game Pass will be available for all gamers later this Spring."
http://www.gamezone.com/news/xbox-game-pass-close-to-launch-to-leave-testing-next-week-3453013

Vert boil

They could still be testing but cogs are starting to very slowly turn.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons was tagged on Sunday as a Game Pass game with the 20% discount set to expire June 1st, 2018.

#IDARB was tagged today as a Game Pass game with the 20% discount set to expire June 1st, 2018.

Worth noting that Max: The Curse of Brotherhood was tagged the same way in March but the expiration date was one of the normal dates they use, 31st Dec, 2799.

Chris1

They could still be testing but cogs are starting to very slowly turn.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons was tagged on Sunday as a Game Pass game with the 20% discount set to expire June 1st, 2018.

#IDARB was tagged today as a Game Pass game with the 20% discount set to expire June 1st, 2018.

Worth noting that Max: The Curse of Brotherhood was tagged the same way in March but the expiration date was one of the normal dates they use, 31st Dec, 2799.
Yeah I saw that. Seems like things are moving fast ATM

Top Bottom