• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces E3 Plans

Miles X

Here’s How to Join Xbox at E3 2014 - Xbox Wire

With E3 less than two weeks away, the Xbox team is hard at work getting ready to show the world what we’ve got in store for the future. We can’t wait to share more with those of you watching from home or the office, but we also realize that some fans might want to do more than just watch. Although many E3 events are closed to the public, we know that a lot of our fans live in the greater Los Angeles area and would love to take part in celebrating all things Xbox. To that end, we’ve put together a number of great events taking place throughout the week of E3, both in LA and online. We hope to see you there!
E3 show view

Microsoft Store Pre-E3 Event (Sunday, June 8 from 1-3pm, line opens at 11am)
Have you always wanted to attend the Xbox E3 Media Briefing? This is your chance! One hundred people who attend this event at the Century City Microsoft Store will be granted access (via raffle) to Monday’s Xbox E3 Media Briefing event and Xbox: E3 Briefing Post Show. While you’re at the Microsoft Store, go hands on with ID@Xbox titles as a sneak peek of what’s on the E3 show floor – before E3 even gets underway. We’ll share more specifics next week.

Pre-Show/Green Carpet (Monday, June 9 at 9am)
New this year, we are inviting fans to be part of the excitement at the Galen Center in the final minutes before the show kicks off. Tune in to our live stream on Xbox.com or Xbox Live for an exclusive pre-show featuring sneak previews and interviews with our development partners and celebrity fans as they arrive at the Galen Center and walk the green carpet.

Xbox: E3 Briefing Post Show (Monday, June 9 at 11:15am)
Tune over to Twitch.tv/xbox immediately following Xbox: Game On for a live, fan-centric “post-game show.” Xbox leaders and developers seen on the Media Briefing stage will talk more about what was just shown and will answer questions from Twitter and the live studio audience. Guests include Phil Spencer (Head of Xbox), Chris Charla (ID@Xbox), Yusuf Mehdi (Microsoft Devices & Studios), Ted Price (Insomniac Games), and Bonnie Ross (343 Industries). Details on how to submit questions for the Post Show will be revealed soon.

Sunset Overdrive Event at Century City Microsoft Store hosted by Major Nelson (Wednesday, June 11 from 6 – 9pm)
Insomniac Games is taking the Sunset Overdrive E3 show floor experience outside of the LA Convention Center for one night only! Join us at the Century City Microsoft store to be among the first gamers to go hands on with this upcoming Xbox One exclusive. Attendees will also have the chance to meet the Insomniacs that make Sunset Overdrive and Xbox Live’s Major Nelson. Ice cold Overcharge Delirium XT awaits! (Yes, seriously)

ID@Xbox on Twitch (Tuesday through Thursday during E3 show hours)

While the Xbox E3 booth is open, we’ll be broadcasting what you want – straight gameplay. Every day, we’ll focus on two different ID@Xbox titles, with many of the developers stopping by to chat with viewers. We’ll also be taking many other titles over to the Twitch E3 booth throughout the week, so keep an eye on the main Twitch channel as well. The full broadcast schedule will be revealed at the beginning of E3 week.

Banned
Would have been awesome if it was just Phil Spencer with a PowerPoint presentation slide behind him saying

"Monday June 9th, 9am to Tuesday June 10th, 11pm
------Games------ that is all"

All I need is a delayed thread and I'll be good, got a neurologist appointment for my daughter that day.

... delayed hype!

Cess007

I thought they were gonna mention something about that "nothing done before" thing they mentioned some weeks ago. It seems like it will be something in the conference itself.

Edit: Maybe it's the Indies stream?

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
ID@Xbox on Twitch (Tuesday through Thursday during E3 show hours)
While the Xbox E3 booth is open, we’ll be broadcasting what you want – straight gameplay. Every day, we’ll focus on two different ID@Xbox titles, with many of the developers stopping by to chat with viewers. We’ll also be taking many other titles over to the Twitch E3 booth throughout the week, so keep an eye on the main Twitch channel as well. The full broadcast schedule will be revealed at the beginning of E3 week.

Mmmhmmm... *rubs quote on body*

ID@Xbox stuff piques my interest. Good to see MS moving more on that front. Imagine they'll have indie stuff at their conference as well

I hope quantum break gets a trailer, i know the gameplay will be unveiled at gamescom but i want a trailer for e3. Also hoping for a Perfect Dark remake!

I suspect that this wasn't the case until they released the gameplay and it was so well received.

I'd like to believe they are doing this because they see the potential in the IP and want it it to succeed.

I'm sure there's an element of reacting to how well it was received, but this seems like something that's been planned for some time and not something that was thrown together at the last minute.

Doffen

I'll be watching from my home theater.
Hope the post show runs well, could be very interesting.

I really want to taste Overcharge Delirium XT :(

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
None of these is an event I can physically go to... Then again, I don't think I'd want to hang out in downtown Houston all E3 day long anyway. Have you been to a Microsoft Store? It's... lonely.

jbug617

Banned
I think that 3hr session of Sunset Overdrive is only for people who attend the meetup and not something they would stream.

Jb

Wonder if they wont have Sunset on stage if they have a separate event dedicated to it later on, like Ghosts did last year.

I think that 3hr session of Sunset Overdrive is only for people who attend the meetup and not something they would stream.

Can't take much to stream it. Have someone stream it on twitch...

Wonder if they wont have Sunset on stage if they have a separate event dedicated to it later on, like Ghosts did last year.

A gameplay trailer at the presser with an announcement of the event?

It doesn't take much to stream an event like that. Killer Instinct was streamed on numerous occasions last year from some arcade in California.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking. Doesn't need to be a professional job, just something for those who can't make it to the event and want to see the game...

Top Bottom