• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces E3 Plans

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, a whole 3hr event dedicated to Sunset? MS are going balls deep on Overdrive.
The deepest of balls! See y'all there!

:D
giphy.gif

Amazing.

'Microsoft going balls deep presents Sunset Overdrive!'

This needs to be a 2014 E3 tagline. :D

None of these is an event I can physically go to... Then again, I don't think I'd want to hang out in downtown Houston all E3 day long anyway. Have you been to a Microsoft Store? It's... lonely.

Depends when you go to one, really. Went to the one in Scottsdale on Black Friday and the thing was more packed than the nearby Apple store. Went again a few weeks later, almost completely empty.

I want some Overcharge Delirium XT®! Sadly, it's probably just Mountain Dew Kickstarter orange variant. Think they'll get Deadmau5 to play the event like last November's launch show? Will McDonalds go all-out with ridiculous produce placement again? Will Russel Wilson again be shackled to a couch and forced to say how much he loves the X1? Am I a bad person for thinking this has more potential as a unique/absurd/hilarious event than most of actual-actual E3?

Any chance we might get a Halo-style limited-time-only flavor of insane neon orange with the mascot on the label? I might actually go back to sugared soda for awhile to have that. C'mon Microsoft, make it happen!

But seriously, they seem to be betting the farm on Sunset Overdrive. Well, I wish it luck and hope it can do more for Microsoft than TItanfall did. They desperately need something to make the X1 look like more than just a dudebro device in the public arena. Key phrase-- "Public arena".

ID@Xbox stuff piques my interest. Good to see MS moving more on that front. Imagine they'll have indie stuff at their conference as well
Of course they will, the post show says you will hear from the heads that presented on stage and Charla is mentioned as being in the post show so he will likely be on stage about indies at some point

ohlawd

You can watch it on Xbox.com, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and Windows Phone globally, and Spike TV in the US, as well as the streams on gaming sites, plenty of options :)
srs?

Do I have to use Twitch on X1 cuz it doesn't work for me. What other app can I use?

Ding II

3 hours for one game seems a bit extreme... Is this normal?
Well, keep in mind that these "events" are basically just parties. You come in, drink, mingle, drink more, hang out, and maybe look at some game related decorations. You typically don't stay for the whole thing, unless you're really thirsty!

Phil is charge of Software, while Elop is charge Hardware right

Nope. Elop is in charge of managing entire Division, Phil is in charge of Xbox and reports to Elop

Edit: Actually, cross that off, Yeah you're right. Phil is in charge of the Software (OS) side of Xbox. Someone else is in charge of the Studios and Hardware side of Xbox (who reports to Elop)

Which one of these many events will feature Microsoft's final desperate attempt to please the ancient gamer gods?

Phil Spencer - buff and sweating profusely - standing topless beside a sacrificial altar. Laid upon the stone table is Yusuf Mehdi, hands and feet tied tightly restricting all movement. His eyes are wide with fear. His breathing fast and shallow. All his thoughts concentrated on the black object Phil holds poised above Yusuf's vulnerable body.

Phil lets out a mighty digital roar. Half scream half achievement unlocked sound. Yusuf replies in a high pitched squeak, "but the advertising revenue opportunity!". Yusuf's last pathetic whine alas is heard by no one above the murderous chants of the lucky hundred Xbox fans who won the chance to be at the Galen Center. The billions at home watching the IGN live stream faces contort in a manner that can only be described as 'that episode nine moment in the Game of Thrones'.

Phil's arm muscles bulge as he brings down the Kinect 2.0. The mighty thrust cleaves Mehdi's chest asunder. Reaching in - Phil tears the still beating heart and holds it up to the Kinect Sensor satisfying the bloodlust of the thousands of degenerates participating in the Twitch stream.

Well I dunno about you, but it would certainly get me off my arse and down the games shop to buy a Xbox One.
;)

rrc1594

Phil's arm muscles bulge as he brings down the Kinect 2.0. The mighty thrust cleaves Mehdi's chest asunder. Reaching in - Phil tears the still beating heart and holds it up to the Kinect Sensor satisfying the bloodlust of the thousands of degenerates participating in the Twitch stream.

Well I dunno about you, but it would certainly get me off my arse and down the games shop to buy a Xbox One.
;)

Damn Dude!

Oggmeiler

Banned
Which one of these many events will feature Microsoft's final desperate attempt to please the ancient gamer gods?

Phil Spencer - buff and sweating profusely - standing topless beside a sacrificial altar. Laid upon the stone table is Yusuf Mehdi, hands and feet tied tightly restricting all movement. His eyes are wide with fear. His breathing fast and shallow. All his thoughts concentrated on the black object Phil holds poised above Yusuf's vulnerable body.

Phil lets out a mighty digital roar. Half scream half achievement unlocked sound. Yusuf replies in a high pitched squeak, "but the advertising revenue opportunity!". Yusuf's last pathetic whine alas is heard by no one above the murderous chants of the lucky hundred Xbox fans who won the chance to be at the Galen Center. The billions at home watching the IGN live stream faces contort in a manner that can only be described as 'that episode nine moment in the Game of Thrones'.

;)

Is that supposed to be funny or something?

I suspect that this wasn't the case until they released the gameplay and it was so well received.

Man, I had missed the gameplay reveal, and thanks to this post checked it out. It looks absolutely insanely awesome.

If I (due to time constraints) didn't have a one-console-per-generation policy
and weren't such a horrible Playstation fanboy
I would definitely pick up an XBO for this game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Not sure if I even want to go to the E3 event, should I?

Checking out Sunset Overdrive in person is what want to do, will make an effort to be there!

EagleEyes

I'm so amped for the MS conf. They know we know about Horizon and Halo so I feel like they are going to up the ante
Trust me, I would love for there to be more than Horizon and Halo but realistically they can't just come up with stuff magically for the sake of surprises. I'm pretty sure they have been planning E3 for quite a few months and maybe, hopefully, they will have something we don't already know. That leak a few months back had to be disheartening for them though.

No theaters?

I'm out.

LOL, at fist I thought you were an asshole but having them do a fathom events thing would be pretty freaking cool. Not gona lie.

That being said, I'm impressed and Microsoft seems to have a focus of giving fans the means to play.

Bsigg12

Trust me, I would love for there to be more than Horizon and Halo but realistically they can't just come up with stuff magically for the sake of surprises. I'm pretty sure they have been planning E3 for quite a few months and maybe, hopefully, they will have something we don't already know. That leak a few months back had to be disheartening for them though.

Since January according to Major Nelson. However, that doesn't mean that can't ask EA/Bethesda/some studio we haven't heard from in a while to come on stage and announce a game.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Did my brain go all retarded, or did they skip where you can actually watch the show?

I mean, I'm pretty sure they will, but are they gonna stream it on the xbox 360 dashboard still?

The only event they say they're gonna have is the post show on twitch. Will the actual briefing be on twitch as well?

Bsigg12

Did my brain go all retarded, or did they skip where you can actually watch the show?

I mean, I'm pretty sure they will, but are they gonna stream it on the xbox 360 dashboard still?

The only event they say they're gonna have is the post show on twitch. Will the actual briefing be on twitch as well?

The actual briefing is on Spike and streaming on the live event player on the 360 and Xbox One as well as GTTV I believe. 9:30 AM PST. They had that press release last week. This is all the other things they're doing.

Top Bottom