• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces new Xbox One 1TB console; new controller

THEY FIXED THE BUMPERS!

THEY FIXED THE BUMPERS!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgAh95IrfIs

LOPkKT4Iggfy8.gif

thenexus6

Matte finish is nicer, new controller seems better. Can use my sony golds with it, plus redesigned bumpers sound good as the current ones suck in my opinion.

Footos22

100 million designing the original

100 million towards something that needed fine tuning less then 2 years in and a headphone jack that should of been on there from the start.

smh

Ghazi

I want one... but I guess it won't support the official Headset adapter anymore and I liked that because I could adjust the volume of game/party chat and mute right there. I don't want to go to a menu for it.

E: oh wait, image above still has the port. Def buying one.

Conduit

Banned
Price drop down to $350 for 500gb. Pachter strikes again.

Wonder if the sales at $400 will be the same? And how long the 500gb will be available?

Fixed bumpers sounds good though.

Well, MS just changed promotion price drop to permanent price drop.

Sjefen

Sony will probably do the same
Was Pachter right, dear lord
only difference is they will announce it at the press conference. Controller prices are out of control, even pre gen controllers are expensive

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
$15 premium for stuff that should have been in the controller to begin with...gross.

edit: wait I thought the controller was $50 standard, nevermind.

Biggest news is that wireless dongle though...finally can retire my ol 360 controllers! Woooooooo

Isnt it cheaper to get the lower priced unit and get a bigger external though? The extra 50 could definately be added to tge external at this point. But more space is always good though.

VinFTW

So getting that controller.

Also I feel like the PC dongle needs its own thread. That's big (for me at least).

kribz

I know that most of this information was kind of "already known" but the fact that they released this before E3 has me real excited. E3 is going to be great!

Interesting. I don't want to let go of my Titanfall controller, but I definitely might snag me one of these new bumper improved controllers. Give it a whirl and see how it plays, I've already adjusted to the bumpers though.

Bigger news though, their E3 presentation will be nonstop games to the face eh?

chadskin

You'd think they'd have the wireless dongle ready for the Windows 10 launch next month but nope. "Later this fall". UGH MICROSOFT.

Lucifon

Fuck sake, "more consistent performance anywhere along the full surface of bumper"

Everything about being an Xbone early adopter is like being consistently shafted. Got 2 of the old pads.

U2NUMB

So if I buy this controller will it stay connected to my Xbox One? I know a thread where many of us would be curious to find out..

anyone who's used both the XBO controller and the DS4, is this worth it? I use a wired XB360 controller on my PC now, and I'd like to go wireless but it'd be nice to not have to fire up DS4Windows every time I want to use my DS4. If it's more comfortable than the 360 controller (esp. since the only thing I remember about the XBO controller as a con was the bumpers) I think I'll seriously consider this for my PC.

Barely noticed the wireless adapter announcement was buried in there as well.

That's the one I am really interested in. Too bad it isn't coming until the fall. Expected it around the Windows 10 release.

I don't understand what they have changed about the bumpers? Is it the design so it is better go grip?

Before, there are some areas of the bumpers if pressed it doesn't press so smoothly.. (near the edges)
sounds like by the video you can press anywhere (even the edges) and it will press smoothly.

Ryne

Yup, glad for the adapter myself. I'm currently using a crappy USB cable from BestBuy that does not stay seated if the controller is moved around a lot.

I will get that tongle first day.

Kayant

That promotion price heh... Thought this would a stage announcement tbh. Not able to see the "refined bumpers" atm but its looking like this will be my future upgrade controller for pc

Top Bottom