• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Announces Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

jorgejjvr

Because we needed even more value, am I right? lol

"
“Our members have told us they love discovering new games but they also want new in-game content,” Microsoft’s Ben Decker writes. “Through Perks, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members will now regularly receive new benefits including DLC, in-game content and more – all free and included with membership.”

The first perks are now available. They include:

Phantasy Star Online 2. A new special content bundle for this game includes unique emotes, in-game cosmetics including an Xbox jacket, a gold ticket Mission Pass, and in-game currency with a Meseta Crystal. But it’s available to members in the US and Canada only.

World of Tanks: Mercenaries. This game is receiving “three powerful tanks and more,” Microsoft says.

Sea of Thieves. Here, we see a free Ori-inspired Ancestral Sails, Figurehead, Hull, and Flag to adorn your ship.

Smite. This free bundle unlocks five Gods, special character skins, and voice packs.

Microsoft says that it will announce new perks alongside other Xbox Game Pass announcements going forward. To find available perks, existing Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers should visit the Xbox Game Pass tab on console, the Xbox (beta) app on Windows 10, or the Xbox Game Pass mobile app."

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
This is great!

Through Perks, Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members will now regularly receive new benefits including DLC, in-game content and more – all free and included with membership.

jorgejjvr

So i have to pay for online, $15 a month for GP to play free to play games. Ok said the sheep.
$15 includes everything, pc, xbox, and online (xbox live)

Plus they have deals all the time, like $1 for 3 months, and countless of 50% off deals. I have 3 years of gp, for the price of about 2 full games. I have never paid full price, and I was even able to convert my OG Gamepass, to gamepass ultimate

And I have played and beat way more than 2 full games, and im good till 2022, its all profit from here. Its the best deal in gaming

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
You're probably right. I will wait to see when actual paid DLC is free for GP folks. That said, it is still a bonus for people that play these games.
It would only be meaningful if such-and-such games get recurring DLC bonuses. That would be excellent and definitely a good value.

But if it's scattershot from month to month -- maybe this time it's Smite and next month it's Path of Exile and the month after that it's Hawken -- then it'll be clear it's just newbie-chum to get new customers. Sony did the same thing which is why I didn't bother.

Unless I'm totally mistaken and devoted f2p players regularly swap their time between a two dozen different f2p titles. That's also a possibility. Like I said, I ignored them on PS+ so maybe I'm missing a market of folks who spend all their time on these games.

Last edited:

Alx

I should start playing Sea of Thieves again... I spent hundreds of hours when there wasn't much to do except sailing, digging and delivering chicken. And now that there's ton of stuff to do, I don't dare going back.

Stuart360

I should start playing Sea of Thieves again... I spent hundreds of hours when there wasn't much to do except sailing, digging and delivering chicken. And now that there's ton of stuff to do, I don't dare going back.
lol, i dont know what they were thinking with the launch game.

It would only be meaningful if such-and-such games get recurring DLC bonuses. That would be excellent and definitely a good value.

But if it's scattershot from month to month -- maybe this time it's Smite and next month it's Path of Exile and the month after that it's Hawken -- then it'll be clear it's just newbie-chum to get new customers. Sony did the same thing which is why I didn't bother.

Unless I'm totally mistaken and devoted f2p players regularly swap their time between a two dozen different f2p titles. That's also a possibility. Like I said, I ignored them on PS+ so maybe I'm missing a market of folks who spend all their time on these games.

Yep, as soon as I read your post and went back to the announcement I realized it. PS+ has had these things for a long time and they're always completely worthless (to me) f2p skins and crap. Similar to a lot of the twitch prime rewards too. I think there is a f2p market so to speak. I am definitely not part of it though.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
This is pretty cool, but I'm really confused about Game Pass now. I bought up a few years and have been playing a shitton of games lately. I figured the incentive was for someone who played Witcher 3, then bought the expansion pass. Better to get $30 out of them than nothing.

With this it seems like DLC isn't a revenue driver, or they think new subs will cover these added costs.

wolffy71

Banned
Theres no point in trying to knock the gamepass service. It just makes you look stupid. By almost any measure its a great value.

Ban Puncher

Phantasy Star Online 2. A new special content bundle for this game includes unique emotes, in-game cosmetics including an Xbox jacket, a gold ticket Mission Pass, and in-game currency with a Meseta Crystal.

1cOuxbX.gif

But it’s available to members in the US and Canada only.

f7om1DO.gif

Top Bottom