• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft are going to announce The Acquisition of SEGA next Wednesday (Believe!)

Sega makes alot of sense for MS. Game pass would really benefit from the amount of old arcade games that Sega has.
Imagine having Daytona, VF, Sega Rally, Space Harrier, Crazy Taxi, Sonic as well as all the others on Game pass. There would be a ton of them.
The back catalogue is immense.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Cyberpunk pushed back to make room for SEEEEEGGGGAAAAAA

B3ul.gif

Quasicat

So this thread keeps coming up and still it hasn’t happened, probably because it’s Tuesday. 😜.

So I’m going to take this time to say that if this happens, Microsoft needs to figure out who has the Ferrari license and give them a ton of money to get Outrun onto the Xbox. Even if it’s just Outrun Online from the 360, I’ll take whatever I can get at this point.

HeresJohnny

I gotta say, if this is true (and that’s a big IF), Microsoft just secured themselves a customer again. Sony’s making BLM themes and Microsoft is doing real business like buying Bethesda and possibly SEGA. As an unashamed fan of Sony, I have to say that it just doesn’t seem like they want to win this time around.

Last edited:

the_master

Maybe it just means "Next wednesday", forever. It would still be true if we take it to infinity and it never happens.

It is like parallel lines, they intersect on infinity.
Microsoft announces the purchase of Sega on a Wednesday in infinity (if not before)

A.Romero

I didn't really care before but now it would be so more amazing after 40+ pages of mocking.

Reminds me a bit of that time somebody leaked Mortal Kombat vs DC, getting mocked and then the thread revival after the game was announced a few years later.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sega makes alot of sense for MS. Game pass would really benefit from the amount of old arcade games that Sega has.
Imagine having Daytona, VF, Sega Rally, Space Harrier, Crazy Taxi, Sonic as well as all the others on Game pass. There would be a ton of them.
The back catalogue is immense.
Excellent point.

Sega has so many games/franchises sitting idle, your idea of Game Passing them would bulk up the library. They don't even have to be remade or anything. Even if it's as is, GP could have a classic arcade hits section where it's old ass 80s and 90s games like a MAME section. Other legacy arcade game makers and 16-bit devs can add to it too.

Game Pass Retro.

Right now, GP is indie and full budget games, but I think zero classic arcade games. The closest thing they have is I think those Pacman indie games.

Porcile

I don't really see what Microsoft would do with Sega's back catalogue that Sega would'nt already doing if it was viable. Sega Saturn is so niche.

Last edited:

Vognerful

Excellent point.

Sega has so many games/franchises sitting idle, your idea of Game Passing them would bulk up the library. They don't even have to be remade or anything. Even if it's as is, GP could have a classic arcade hits section where it's old ass 80s and 90s games like a MAME section. Other legacy arcade game makers and 16-bit devs can add to it too.

Game Pass Retro.

Right now, GP is indie and full budget games, but I think zero classic arcade games. The closest thing they have is I think those Pacman indie games.
Dynamite Cop

Top Bottom