• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft builds a GIANT Xbox One in Vancouver.

stolin

..and tomorrow morning it will look like this...

3qf1T42.jpg

It's almost like they didn't get permission, you just go to park your car for work, "Fuck, they built another one of those giant Xboxes on my space!"

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
http://m.theglobeandmail.com/techno...-in-vancouver/article15155800/?service=mobile

At noon ET, Microsoft will reveal a gigantic 40-foot-long replica of the new console it has dropped down in Vancouver in a parking lot at 1001 Seymour Street (at the corner of Nelson and Seymour near Yaletown) and gamers will be invited to help open its doors. There are a variety of ways to do that, but they all involve a sort of crowdsourcing where players input their Xbox Gamertag online as a way of “voting” for the big box to open.

What if they don't vote it open?

NolbertoS

I live in Vancouver. Where the heck is it?? I might drive around downtown to try to find it :p

Edit: saw the address above. Might check it out after work and take pics. Hopefully they'll give out free XBL passes like MS did 6 years ago at a local University

What the hell is Albert doing other there at MS????

Shouldn't he be telling his co workers that such a stunt would only lead to GAF jokes.

When your console is already a monster, don't go and create an even bigger one for the world to mock. I just pity the brains in MS at the moment.

Dazzler

You'd think they'd find a more open and pedestrian space to build it so they'd get more exposure.

it's just off probably the busiest street in the city

I do agree on it being an odd choice, though. They should have put it on a barge in Coal Harbour

Kind of strange they don't have it setup in a more public place, looks like its in some random alley where the city OK'd them to set it up.

Fellow Canadians I just entered and got this message about the prizes:

"Thanks for Entering
Because you pledged before Nov. 10th,
you’ve been entered to WIN:

One of three trips to Toronto for the Xbox One
launch party on Nov 21st !
All expenses paid for you and a friend!
One Xbox One Console with Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5 and Ryse: Son of Rome.
The winners will be selected on Nov 12th"

eso76

"Guys, it's not as big in person as it looks in pics"

Imagine the matching kinect.
"please stand farther away for kinect to correctly detect you. Farther. Farther. Farther. Farther..."

Or
"And you ain't seen the power brick"

Man, Microsoft has got a sense of humour alright..

The potential for jokes and shops is limitless.

DJIzana

I'm going to head there with a few of friends. Will post pics as they'll likely line up early. I'm no Xbro but I'll go at the chance of getting free swag. :p

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The xbone was opened today. There's a small tent where you can get zombie makeup for free! No impressions about the Dead Rising 3 demo, I'm waiting to get makeup first lol.

Top Bottom