• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 2006 Conference Thread

xaosslug

sonycowboy said:
Predictions:

1) Halo 3 will be the most talked about game of the show.

2) They will continue to take thought leadership of online by unveiling some seriously killer services for XBox Live and likely announce free multiplayer

3) They will sign at least 2 HUGE franchises exclusively (for some period of time). And by huge, I mean 2M+ sales in the US guaranteed.

4) 360 titles will match or exceed PS3 titles in terms of quality

you will be a hunted man if most of that doesn't come to pass. lol

Speevy

Banned
Kastrioti said:
Any guesses on what the odds are KOTOR 3 will be shown?

Obsidian is making it, so it could show up for either the 360 or PS3. We'll see at E3, I suppose. I'm hoping for the former, or at least a combination.

GhaleonEB

sonycowboy said:
Predictions:

1) Halo 3 will be the most talked about game of the show.

2) They will continue to take thought leadership of online by unveiling some seriously killer services for XBox Live and likely announce free multiplayer

3) They will sign at least 2 HUGE franchises exclusively (for some period of time). And by huge, I mean 2M+ sales in the US guaranteed.

4) 360 titles will match or exceed PS3 titles in terms of quality
I can't tell if you are being serious or not, but I think #1 and #2 and #4 are likely. #3 will be a critical differentiator.

Speevy

Banned
meltpotato said:
anyone think we might see something from the MGS-published Tri-Ace game?

I have no doubt that we will. As a matter of fact, I think this was purposely held from the other show for a revealing at E3.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Prediction(s):

1. Microsoft will be no show. At the last minute they will get stage fright and forfeit the whole event.

bengraven

I'm wondering how long after the conference we'll see the Halo 3 trailer on Marketplace. I'm hoping immediately, but I doubt it.

Anyway, games I anticipate: Mass Effect, Gears of War, Halo 3, KOTOR 3, and I'm hoping they show Fable and Jade Empire sequels (and at each announcement, it's pointed out that they are "definitely at least twice as long, we fucking swear this time...".

GhaleonEB

Gahiggidy said:
Prediction(s):

1. Microsoft will be no show. At the last minute they will get stage fright and forfeit the whole event.
Yeah, they'd have to settle for second then, behind Sony.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
GhaleonEB said:
Yeah, they'd have to settle for second then, behind Sony.
Yeah, 2nd in the RED-WATERZ-OCEAN market....b/c N' is 100%BLU'OCEAN... AMIRITE??

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I hope Microsoft takes initiative and shows more software than Sony or Nintendo. Basically it's their entire gameplan for this year's E3 aside from Xbox services and the possibility of a new peripheral or two. I hope they'll be a few surprises here and there since most of their lineup has already been revealed. I don't know what else to say, they'll have to pull out every stop to counter the PS3 and Wii stealing all the limelight. New consoles always pull in more crowds.

Duderz

Banned
Really, can any one of these guys have a bad conference?

Can't wait to see what MS has up their sleeve. Greatness ensues.

This will be the best E3.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
ms has actually been holding back at their recent conferences - i am hoping that was because they wanted to save a lot of it for e3. should be fun either way ;)

skybaby

ren3d.jpg

I want more j.allard! E3 without J in funky clothes = sad e3 :(
Allard for surprise appearence of the conference!
:lol

alumne

Banned
meltpotato said:
anyone think we might see something from the MGS-published Tri-Ace game?
I'm pretty sure we'll hear something about it at E3. Most likely the title and details will be revealed,but the actual unvieling of the game will be shown at TGS,with exclusive first shots in famitsu magazine

tegdf

Gears of War, Too Human, Mass Effect, Shadowrun, Fable 2, RE5, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, Alan Wake, Halo 3, Bioshock, GRAW DLC

alumne

Banned
I wan't to see Ninja Gaiden 2. If a NG2 trailer is not shown I will become depressed.

I also care about Halo 3,Lost odessey,Blue Dragon,Mass Effect,Fable 2 etc.But those are distant last compared to Team NINJA's games.

I have a hunch Itagaki-san will surpirse everyone with a special Ninja Gaiden 2 trailer.

018iy.jpg

"The ownage I will unleash on unsuspecting E3 journalists,will be greater then the force of a 100 nuclear missles"

If a NG2 trailer is shown,it will steal the show. Simple fact

alumne said:
I wan't to see Ninja Gaiden 2. If a NG2 trailer is not shown I will become depressed.

I also care about Halo 3,Lost odessey,Blue Dragon,Mass Effect,Fable 2 etc.But those are distant last compared to Team NINJA's games.

I have a hunch Itagaki-san will surpirse everyone with a special Ninja Gaiden 2 trailer.

018iy.jpg

"The ownage I will unleash on unsuspecting E3 journalists,will be greater then the force of a 100 nuclear missles"

Don't forget beach volleyball! :D :D :D :D :D

HokieJoe

alumne said:

018iy.jpg

Now there's a junior that knows what he's talking about. :D

Mrbob

We won't see Ninja Gaiden 2 at E3. Tecmo will be pimping DoAX2 instead. Probably won't see it till E3 2007. :/

alumne

Banned
Mrbob said:
We won't see Ninja Gaiden 2 at E3. Tecmo will be pimping DoAX2 instead. Probably won't see it till E3 2007. :/
Surely they must have something else to show then just DOAX2.:)

If not NG2,then Team Ninja's other action game (Project progressive) or Code Cronus wic is rumored to be an Action-RPG. I will still be dissapointed that NG2 wasen't shown,but PP,and CC would be a worthy substitute.Can't wait to see DOAX2 also :D

littlewig

Banned
All I want is Free Xbox Live to be announced. I don't care if they don't show Halo 3, I don't care if Peter Moore comes out screaming "MS is doomed, Sony am total win!", as long as they say Xbox Live is free, I'm satisfied.

alumne

Banned
I also want to see what else BioWare is working on. Last year Bioware confirmed they had 2 games in development for 360....one of them being mass effect.

Jade Empire 2 maybe?

I still hope remedy shows off Alan Wake even though they confirmed they wont at this years E3 :(

Snaku

Banned
alumne said:
I also want to see what else BioWare is working on. Last year Bioware confirmed they had 2 games in development for 360....one of them being mass effect.

Jade Empire 2 maybe?

I hope so.:)

alumne

Banned
Snaku said:
I hope so.:)
^^ hehe. me too

I really loved the first Jade Empire despite what most people say,but the combat was really dissapointing. The combat in the final game was really dumbed down from what we saw in the early trailers.Other then the combat, the game was really good,I enjoyed the whole chinese mythology theme. BioWare did a wonderful job on it

If they can add more depth to each fighting style for JE2,that would be ace. b(^_^)b

alumne said:
Surely they must have something else to show then just DOAX2.:)

If not NG2,then Team Ninja's other action game (Project progressive) or Code Cronus wic is rumored to be an Action-RPG. I will still be dissapointed that NG2 wasen't shown,but PP,and CC would be a worthy substitute.Can't wait to see DOAX2 also :D

DOAX2 is all I'll need to be happy. :D

Amir0x

Banned
I definitely would love to see Ninja Gaiden 2. Could not care less for that Xtreme Volleyball shit, but Ninja Gaiden 2 would also be a possible GOTS for me.

Amir0x

Banned
i sure don't, polygons just don't do it for me man

I'll take the substance though, so Ninja Gaiden 2 ftw.

I really hope Rare/MS show something other than Viva Pinata, even a teaser or something for something else there working on (and DS games don't count)

Amir0x said:
i sure don't, polygons just don't do it for me man

I'll take the substance though, so Ninja Gaiden 2 ftw.

You're a better man than I am then, for I am easily satisfied by those polygons. :D

alumne

Banned
I'm still wondering what other sports team ninja will include in addition to volleyball. Tennis maybe?:) Or maybe, Water volleyball :D

Amir0x

Banned
Sadly, most of Microsoft's E3 secrets already leaked prior to their conference. It's a tad harder to get excited :(

But I still can't wait to see Mass Effect, Shadowrun, Halo 3, etc... there's just not much to be said until we see them :p

Amir0x said:
Sadly, most of Microsoft's E3 secrets already leaked prior to their conference. It's a tad harder to get excited :(

But I still can't wait to see Mass Effect, Shadowrun, Halo 3, etc... there's just not much to be said until we see them :p

Too be fair there's still a lot of speculation to be had about Shadowrun. But mostly that speculation is limited to wether or not its an fps. Doubly hindered by the samll fan-base of shadowrun =P

Top Bottom