• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up [Up8: Xbox Live Diamond, Kinect Disneyland]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunlop

anyone know if there is an audio feed for the MS conference I could access from my phone? I was planning on being "sick" but now I need to go in work.

I dread the thought of trying to hit the Neogaf thread from my android ; (

Dunlop said:
anyone know if there is an audio feed for the MS conference I could access from my phone? I was planning on being "sick" but now I need to go in work.

I dread the thought of trying to hit the Neogaf thread from my android ; (
Not sure if there is an audio only feed but the conference is being streamed for mobile devices. Jump on your works wifi and stream that shit. :)

[Nintex]

Linkified said:
So is the same job that the Racing game veteran got and has been shown the door or is for another team within Rare?
This is just a fancy of job application for team lead, like Chris Seavor and Chris Tilston were before. In any case the racing game guy is still there.

TheOddOne said:
Craig Duncan is still there. This might sound weird, but actually Rare has been staffing up considerably. Their new studio was tought to be a Kinect testing ground, but I think there is something brewing there.
It's a Kinect testing ground and art studio. I believe they have contract positions for artists there. They pretty much scrapped the entire art department at Twycross and moved a bunch of contract/intern positions to Fazeley.

exwallst

No way Kingdoms ships in 2011. I'd take anyone's money who wants to say it ships in 2012. Changing teams mid-stream and still not getting Crytek's A team? Not a recipe for quick ship.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The Wispy Scoundrel said:
New Timesplitters game by Crytek. Seriously.

Oh man. If it were based off the concept art from a few years back (xtreme cat racing, etc), I would buy another 360 for that.

Gravijah

So a little birdy tells me there's a new Timesplitters game by Crytek. Seriously.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WEFNWINFWNNWOWENOWN N E3 REDEEMED CAFECURRENT WHAT VITA WHO

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So a little birdy tells me there's a new Timesplitters game by Crytek. Seriously.
What has this got to do with Microsoft? :p

And we know Crytek UK (FRD) were working on TS4 before the acquisition, anyway. Wouldn't be much of a surprise.

TheOddOne

From the creators of the critically acclaimed mature game Haze, comes Timesplitters 4. Teh Monkiez havez takez overz zie worldz.

TheOddOne

Gravijah said:
Kinect is officially the greatest piece of hardware ever.
NeAqR.gif

U2NUMB

If this Xbox Live Diamond thing is real how on earth are they going to get around bandwidth caps? Or are we assuming they are working with the big cable providers? And if so why would it end up being cheaper than cable?

Will be curious what this is all about.

On a side note.. I really wish another Mechassault would be announced :(

TheOddOne

I found this tucked away in the Nintendo rumour thread:

7iU6E.jpg

I have no idea why the poster commented on it being contracted to Microsoft. Its weird, because nobody really asked it.

I asked a bit in the rumour thread on what he meant by that, but it wasn't the place to talk about it.

So what could this mean?

Sydle

TheOddOne said:
Craig Duncan is still there. This might sound weird, but actually Rare has been staffing up considerably. Their new studio was tought to be a Kinect testing ground, but I think there is something brewing there.

Seems they are ramping up activity with all of the recent contract positions opened up on their website. I hope we get to see more than just Kinect Sports 2 at E3.

Shiggy

Paco said:
Seems they are ramping up activity with all of the recent contract positions opened up on their website. I hope we get to see more than just Kinect Sports 2 at E3.

Those are only contract positions for the final phase of KS2.

KingDizzi

Banned
Ugh I love that Kinect is something different and it's doing well but for someone like me whom likes traditional games where I sit on my well toned ass, knowing that tomorrows conference will consist of lots of Kinect makes me sad. I'll just keep a book on the side and get some work done when the Kinect parts go on. Patcher on Invisible Walls said that we watched a 3 hour run through of the content and that there was lots of it, giving it an A+. Not huge megatonz which are not expected anyway but the content there will be good, something which excites me such as Forza 4 details.

So what y'all reckon MS will finish with, Halo remake?

clav

It might not be Halo HD after all judging the that leaked list.

Didn't Microsoft say that Gears and Halo would be taking turns as in if one releases in one year, the other releases the next year, so that the sales won't overlap?

Gah, wtf am I saying?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'm really excited to see the "better with kinect" attached to the majority of core titles and what it will bring to the table.

TheOddOne

I'll revise my predictions:

• [Pre-show] Fusion: Genesis, Fusion: Sentient, Fusion: Vault, Fruit Ninja Kinect, Hole In The Wall, Kinect Me, Kinect Googly Eyes, Tetris Party Challenge, Build A Buddy are Kinect XBLA games, release dates unknown.
  • [Pre-show] Summer of Arcade titles shown: Crimson Alliance, Trenched, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Fez, Gunstringer.
  • [Pre-show] Alan Wake: Night Springs shown, is a XBLA game but Remedy does a *wink* *wink* on the possible sequel.
  • Modern Warfare 3 onstage demo with again pointing out that 360 will get the first mappack before everyone else.
  • Skyrim trailer is shown with some kind of exclusive deal at the end.
  • Batman: Arkham Asylum onstage demo with some kind of exlcusive deal.
  • Gears of War 3 onstage demo, emphasis on it being right around the corner.
  • Gears of War Exile shown, built on Gears 2 engine and mosly Kinect based.
  • Tomb Raider trailers shown with some kind of exclusive deal at the end.
  • Mass Effect 3 shown with Kinect features, also shown titles that will support the "Better with Kinect" label.
  • Star Wars Kinect is shown, will release this fall.
  • Forza 4 trailer shown, Dan will be there and will also talk about Forza World.
  • Project Kingdoms is renamed, footage is shown with tacked-on Kinect support. Will release in 2012.
  • Dance Central 2 and Kinect Sport 2 trailers on shown, both will release in 2011.
  • Fable: The Journey is shown, might be one of the "Better with Kinect" type of deals.
  • Rare shows the second project they have been working on, not related to old IP's.
  • Will go on and on about how succesful Kinect has been, will show that XBLA will be open for Kinect type games. Cue Montage.
  • Good Science Secret Project shown (Kinect Fun Labs?), maby bundeld with Razorfish's DaVinci Kinect Experience.
  • Frontier Developments shows off its second Kinect game, will release in 2012.
  • New bundels for 360S with Kinect, Modern Warfare 3 and other multiplatform games shown.
  • Will talk about XBL and how much is they have done for the service, will show off their XBL DIAMOND offering. Will also talk about cloudsaving (XCommerce?).
  • Che Chou enters the stage drunk and announces Halo HD remake by 343 Industries. Maby new footage for a Reach mappack.
  • Zipline project teased, no footage shown. Maby target render.
  • The Family Studios show the project they are working on with Disney (Kinect related), release in 2012 .
  • BigPark shows the project that they have been working on.

FrankT

TheOddOne said:
I found this tucked away in the Nintendo rumour thread:

7iU6E.jpg

I have no idea why the poster commented on it being contracted to Microsoft. Its weird, because nobody really asked it.

I asked a bit in the rumour thread on what he meant by that, but it wasn't the place to talk about it.

So what could this mean?

Not even sure what this means. Yea Gears is on contract because Epic still owns the IP. The original contract was for 2 games per everything we have known to date. They obviously went into a new contract with 3 and who knows what else.

venne

KingDizzi said:
So what y'all reckon MS will finish with, Halo remake?

Free Kinects for everyone in attendance. GAF loses one third of its current membership due to rage induced strokes.

TheOddOne

Jtyettis said:
Not even sure what this means. Yea Gears is on contract because Epic still owns the IP. The original contract was for 2 games per everything we have known to date. They obviously went into a new contract with 3 and who knows what else.
Yeah, looking at the contract they closed with Activision for the COD maps packs till 2012 it would not suprise me they contracted Gears for a couple of games more.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
There's actually too much now to announce. So not everything will be at the conference. I wonder what is not getting announced.

TheOddOne

Y2Kev said:
There's actually too much now to announce. So not everything will be at the conference. I wonder what is not getting announced.
On paper it might seem a lot, but they way they handle it might make it possible to annouce it all during the show.

Also, lol @ source that said that MS would serve the core. Dunno, doesn't seem like it.

daffy

Banned
omg, Kinect Disneyland should be cool. Don't have a Kinect thing but hopefully that looks good. Maybe put some of the Disney shows on there? Yeah.

Hey You

So it seems every MS first party studio except for two (343i and Turn10) is working on a Kinect game?

I understand that they gotta support Kinect, but most of their studios?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Hey You said:
So it seems every MS first party studio except for two (343i and Turn10) is working on a Kinect game?

I understand that they gotta support Kinect, but most of their studios?
Technically Forza 4 is Kinect enabled.

Kafel

Banned
Yeah there's really too much, to the point that everyone seems to think they'll let the core JP Kinect games for the TGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom