• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up [Up8: Xbox Live Diamond, Kinect Disneyland]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey You said:
So it seems every MS first party studio except for two (343i and Turn10) is working on a Kinect game?

I understand that they gotta support Kinect, but most of their studios?
Well maybe MS are relying on their internal studios to do Kinect stuff and they'll get "2nd party" studios like Epic (Gears 3) to do standard stuff

Hey You

Nirolak said:
Technically Forza 4 is Kinect enabled.
Yeah, enabled But I meant developing games for use only with Kinect (Kinect Spots,dance central etc).

steverulez said:
Well maybe MS are relying on their internal studios to do Kinect stuff and they'll get "2nd party" studios like Epic (Gears 3) to do standard stuff

Yeah, but I just find it uncomfortable that most of Microsoft's Internal focus is Kinect. What if Epic,Remedy and other third parties want to go multi-plat? What if they don't ink any more publishing deals?

steverulez said:

Epic is rumored to be making a Gears of War spin-off using Kinect. Also Crytek is making Kingdoms which is a "second party" title, and that is rumored to have Kinect support also. Then all of the TGS games which I would consider "2nd party", are Kinect games. So no, I don't think 2nd party developers will do standard stuff, they will do Kinect stuff whether you like it or not.

Deadly Joker said:
they will do Kinect stuff whether you like it or not.
I never said I didn't like Kinect stuff I was merely hypothesising that they might get outside studios to make "standard" games. It's not like they have to get one or the other to do Kinect/Standard games.

Kinect Disneyland?!?

d7iGB.png

Hey You said:
So it seems every MS first party studio except for two (343i and Turn10) is working on a Kinect game?

I understand that they gotta support Kinect, but most of their studios?

They've got to push it. They have made an enormous investment in it. It's a pillar of their platform now. I think it makes sense.

The thing with Kinect too is that for games to take full advantage of the device, they have to be developed from the ground up. It's not like Sony where they can kinda get away with an "alternative" control scheme.

I think it's the right move for this year. They have to back it up.

I think every game besides Gears of War 3 and MW3 shown at that conference will have Kinect support. Every new feature they show will have Kinect support. The conference will be 95% Kinect.

I can't think of any other game they'd show that wouldn't have Kinect support. They might show Skyrim but I'm not sure.

Lakitu

st5fu
Deadly Joker said:
I think every game besides Gears of War 3 and MW3 shown at that conference will have Kinect support. Every new feature they show will have Kinect support. The conference will be 95% Kinect.

I can't think of any other game they'd show that wouldn't have Kinect support. They might show Skyrim but I'm not sure.

Yeah, unfortunately I agree. Conference is going to bad, but hopefully not as bad as last year.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Lakitu said:
Yeah, unfortunately I agree. Conference is going to bad, but hopefully not as bad as last year.
Last year was bad before MS knew whether or not Kinect would be a success.

Kinect is not only a success, it is a HUGE HUGE success.

Which brings us to this years conference. Muahahahhaaha!

Lakitu

st5fu
chubigans said:
Last year was bad before MS knew whether or not Kinect would be a success.

Kinect is not only a success, it is a HUGE HUGE success.

Which brings us to this years conference. Muahahahhaaha!

Heh yeah. It might not be bad for everyone but it will for me, I couldn't give a crap about Kinect.

Kafel said:
"Kinect enabled titles" =/= Kinect titles

just keep this in mind and enjoy the conference

was just thinking this same exact thing. seems to me like they want people to have a reason to want Kinect for their "hardcore" games. nothing to worry about if you wanna play like a normal person, I'm sure.

Kafel said:
"Kinect enabled titles" =/= Kinect titles

just keep this in mind and enjoy the conference
That doesn't matter for most people here, they'll go all Amirox and just rage about it. I think that behavior is stupid, but hey, everyone can have an opinion on something, right?

Lakitu

st5fu
I don't mind Kinect-enabled games, I'm fine with that. I'll be buying Forza 4, Mass Effect 3. Maybe Child of Eden as well.

All I'm saying is that the vast majority of Kinect-only titles will bore me personally.

Hopefully there's a good surprise in there (not Halo HD).

Hey You said:
Yeah, but I just find it uncomfortable that most of Microsoft's Internal focus is Kinect.
Why? There's a shit-load of quality third party games coming out on a regular basis these days, exclusive or not is pretty much irrelevant at this point in the cycle. They need to focus their internal teams on Kinect because third parties certainly won't.

FrankT

derFeef said:

Pretty much confirmed with fable the journey from the last page.

Monty Mole said:
Why? There's a shit-load of quality third party games coming out on a regular basis these days, exclusive or not is pretty much irrelevant at this point in the cycle. They need to focus their internal teams on Kinect because third parties certainly won't.

I disagree in total. While it will work for the here and now and for the remainder of this gen what they have done with the studios they have left could leave them very much high and dry for next gen. Kinect or no Kinect. Time will tell but it will be awhile. They have that for now.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
snoopeasystreet said:
Not sure why but The Journey sounds like a linear game to me. Doubt it will be very fable-y in anything other than aestheticially and thematically.
It makes me think about Dragon Quest Swords. But I'm not sure how you would tell it to move forward. Maybe flick a wrist or something.

Y2Kev said:
It makes me think about Dragon Quest Swords. But I'm not sure how you would tell it to move forward. Maybe flick a wrist or something.
I get a wizard of oz style vibe to it. Follow this linear path where you meet dudes and interact them until you reach the end and fight the big boss guy.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Kafel said:
Yeah there's really too much, to the point that everyone seems to think they'll let the core JP Kinect games for the TGS.
That's a real shame, because they're the only ones I'm interested in.

Jtyettis said:
I disagree in total. While it will work for the here and now and for the remainder of this gen what they have done with the studios they have left could leave them very much high and dry for next gen. Kinect or no Kinect. Time will tell but it will be awhile. They have that for now.

No - they'll simply get their cheque book out and buy a few exclusives.

teraMEL0S

Yup to my dismay, if Kinect Star Wars is anything to go by, they dun goofed. Well, I hope something good shows up. At least I have everyone else's conferences to look forward too.

Grecco

Wasnt there a rumor that the Milo tech was moved to Fable? Are we gonna have you talking to npcs in the Fable 3 universe?

Grecco said:
Wasnt there a rumor that the Milo tech was moved to Fable? Are we gonna have you talking to npcs in the Fable 3 universe?
Yep. I think if it is a Fable game, it won't be Fable 4 and it won't play like a traditional Fable game. I'm hoping for a Fable adventure game in the style of the original Milo video.

Linkified

teraMEL0S said:
Yup to my dismay, if Kinect Star Wars is anything to go by, they dun goofed. Well, I hope something good shows up. At least I have everyone else's conferences to look forward too.

If I was to hazard a guess we'll see a Disney trailer in the next few hours I would imagine they probably won't show up in the conference bar in a montage of coming soon for casual montage

[Nintex]

Microsoft will show Disneyland Adventures and Star Wars Kinect at their conference there's a lot of mainstream press
Waiting to get a FREE Xbox from Don
at E3 and those are huge brand names.

Fox Mulder

Hey You said:
Yeah, enabled But I meant developing games for use only with Kinect (Kinect Spots,dance central etc).

Yeah, but I just find it uncomfortable that most of Microsoft's Internal focus is Kinect. What if Epic,Remedy and other third parties want to go multi-plat? What if they don't ink any more publishing deals?
It's late in the gen, so MS can get away with not giving a shit about gamers that will stay for gears, forza, halo, and cod anyways.

The 360 is still great for 3rd party stuff and xbla, as it has for years. It sucks to see MS all in with kinect, but they haven't done much first party beyond fable, forza, halo for years really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom