• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Games Showcase Event Today (11am ET / 8am PT / 4pm UK)

Truespeed

MS unfortunately broke the cardinal rule here. They over promised and under delivered.

given the build up people were expecting a bit (lot) more than what was shown.

if there is disappointment that’s on MS Not on the disappointed masses.

They also broke another cardinal rule - they Zoomed it in.

Knock off the console war theatrics. If you are incapable of asserting criticism without the need to constantly drag out childish 'warz', let me know right now, and I can assist with a break from the community. You have a pattern of this.
Dafuq you talking about? I don't give a shit about ANY of these companies. How can I start a console war when I don't own or play console or video games AT ALL. You are WAY OFF, Mod. MS FUCKED UP - and guess what MS EVEN acknowledgesthis!
If anything, YOU'RE giving people warnings for stating TRUTHS.
You have a pattern of this.
Prove it.

Last edited:
Dafuq you talking about? I don't give a shit about ANY of these companies. How can I start a console war when I don't own or play console or video games AT ALL. You are WAY OFF, Mod. MS FUCKED UP - and guess what MS EVEN acknowledgesthis!
If anything, YOU'RE giving people warnings for stating TRUTHS.
Prove it.

giphy.gif

SleepDoctor

Banned
I read someone insulting JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered and still alive among us, i dont remember exactly which page that was, Reindeer Reindeer got banned tho (he was one of the agressors).

Yea i got hit with a warning and called a "console warrior" for responding to someone telling me to "stfu" even though they were the aggressor. I guess im not allowed to respond while others can insult, shitpost, and derail threads.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
cdc.jpg

Again the same old FUD spread by console warrior. Again, to make it clear, maybe then people will understand and stop spreading this bullshit:

In November 2019 Booty said that for two coming years all Xbox Studio Games will be released on all Xbox One and Xbox series consoles. Why? Because if someone buys an Xbox one X NOW, would they want them to be left out in the dust so quickly? No! That's why, for the FIRST YEAR of XSX ONLY those Xbox Studio games will be released on Xbox One, too.

This means:

MS confirmed that ONLY FOR THE FIRST YEAR OF XSX - SO ONLY UNTIL HOLIDAY 2021 - and ONLY XBOX STUDIOS GAMES will come to XBOX ONE too.

3rd Party devs can start creating XSX only games DAY ONE, at launch of XSX, so holiday 2020.

XBOX Studio games start creating XSX only games on holiday 2021.

It's not 2 years, it's not 3 years, it's not 4 years.
It's just a single (ONE ) year.
Bookmarked.

Kagey K

Banned
I read someone insulting JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered and still alive among us, i dont remember exactly which page that was, Reindeer Reindeer got banned tho (he was one of the agressors).
JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered seems to be one of the few rational people on this board. He doesn’t deserve to get attacked over an opinion on video games.

That’s some bullshit right there.

As long as he does the truffle shuffle for me when I ask he’s all good in my books.

Last edited:

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered JareBear: Remastered seems to be one of the few rational people on this board. He doesn’t deserve to get attacked over an opinion on video games.

That’s some bullshit right there.

As long as he does the truffle shuffle for me when I ask he’s all good in my books.
To some people in NeoGaf, everyone is a console warrior if they dont fulfill their agenda.

Inviusx

Just adding my 2 cents here, I read the Eurogamer interview with the devs behind CHORVS and I'm really hyped about their approach, targeting 4k 60 on next gen and working down from their.

I couldn't give a shit about fancy new graphics on these machines if it means another 7 years of 30fps AAA experiences.

I'm hoping this is going to be a return to the glory days of PS2.

Dory16

Banned
Why apologize ? This is the worst, how are the developers who had games presented during the show supposed to understand this ? This simply because the world is full of people that can never be satisfied whatever you do ? Ridiculous.
MS is selling products to the people that were expressing diaappointment, not to the devs. Also MS is just taking responsibility for not having let the games speak for themselves. I'm sure the devs are ok with that. To your point, I believe that in the same message, Greenberg could have reiterated that MS is proud of the games that have been shown and listed the factual reasons why. Nobody said they were bad games.

But you are all in on a PS5 and all the games they have shown so far?
Im quite happy with TLoU2 and GoT. I have a PS4 Pro with a SSD. Ill easily upgrade to a PS5. Where I can take advantage of a SSD.
That's like a blind man saying he was disappointed after attending an art show.
An idiot throwing a random metaphor. More like going to a art show without purchasing anything. Interested in some graphics.

I get what he means, he's trying to say he had no investment and somehow still got disappointed, it just comes off the wrong way, I guess. Like, I kinda feel the same, as someone with a gaming PC I lost interest in purchasing new Microsoft hardware (I do have a One X, a One and had a 360 and an XBOX) because they've made it explicitly clear I don't need to. But I watched this event all the same, hoping to see something mind blowing enough I'd re-think my position, I'd say "well, upgrading to the PC equivalent isn't worth the cost" or something. But the show didn't do that for me. I'm still excited to see what their AAA games look like, though. But, I was always opting for PS5 due to exclusives, so I'm not the target audience to wow, doesn't change that it was disappointing.

docbot

Banned
Happy that Scorn is alive, but a bit sad it's a Xbox Exclusive, hope only a timed one.

The Games seemed like more of the same, nothing that really got my interested, but ...

Notice how they only showed 3rd Party Titles, most of them will be cross generation titles. It seems more like they wanted to get showing them out of the way so they can amaze you with their first party titles later for the final reveal.

Launch Titles have never been that great to begin with, what's new under the sun.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Honestly I was pumped because they had been doing a great job so far and the disappointment was there.

In 3 weeks we'll get the Sony event. Let's hope they've upgraded the cardboard audience for this one.

The thing is even if MSFT stated that this is cinematic in game graphics trailors with limited gameplay, it still would be lackluster and underwhelming because they are declaring it "NEXT-GEN".
Nothing about this screams next gen, at best it looks like current gen upscaled with more lightning. This is the main problem, when the XsX is still shackled by Xbone from 2013.

The thing is even if MSFT stated that this is cinematic in game graphics trailors with limited gameplay, it still would be lackluster and underwhelming because they are declaring it "NEXT-GEN".
Nothing about this screams next gen, at best it looks like current gen upscaled with more lightning. This is the main problem, when the XsX is still shackled by Xbone from 2013.

Yeah, I mean, nothing made me say “Wow!” if we are strictly talking visuals. It all looked “fine.” The Ascent seems pretty detailed when you see the gameplay analysis.

I try to find the positive in it all and the major pluses for me were 120 FPS gaming will be a thing in select titles, which is awesome for non-VR console gaming getting it for the first time, and most of the games looked like games I want to play, particularly Chorus and Scarlet Nexus. Scorn and The Medium are up there too. Was cool at least seeing some RTX in Bright Memory Infinite

MS unfortunately broke the cardinal rule here. They over promised and under delivered.

given the build up people were expecting a bit (lot) more than what was shown.

if there is disappointment that’s on MS Not on the disappointed masses.

I don’t know who’s in charge of marketing at Xbox but man are they doing a bad job at these events. I mean even if you look at the tweets before the event, even they promised a lot so it’s not just on us and our expectations.

How do you make tweets like that, promising gameplay, and still not know what a gameplay showcase should look like?

What they needed to do is start with a strong first look and they needed big third parties. This felt like an indie showcase which to me is incredibly disappointing. How does anyone at Microsoft look at this lineup and think this is gonna be a great first showing! Are they all surrounded by “yes men”?

This is by far the worst Xbox event I’ve ever seen. It absolutely did not deliver on what was promised and this is supposed to sell you on the console. Everything I saw looked it was running on my Xbox one X. Gigantic failure on their part.

Last edited:
Top Bottom