• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft invites Neogaf admins to E3 as MS Guest(They decline) Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bGanci

Banned
Would Neogaf Admins going to E3 as Microsoft guests really imply any non-neutrality?
Personally I don't believe it would but what are some other thoughts?

Major Nelson "Ok, let’s fix this. I’ll get you invited to the Microsoft Press Briefing and I’ll set you up to attend the E3 Expo as a guest of Microsoft. There will be no strings attached and no expectations of coverage…just to be fair : )"

EvilLore "Appreciate the offer, Larry. Feels like it would run contrary to our neutrality principles to fly in under the Microsoft banner, though."

Major Nelson "No problem. If you change your mind, you know how to find me"

In no way do I mind that he declined the invitation. I'm just curious if he accepted what would be the public opinion of neogaf on this?

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05...guests-offer-gets-declined-due-to-neutrality/

Meh, it's sonyGAF after all.

newsmirklogo_01.JPG

JordanN

Banned
Evilore is smart.

Say one day he had to criticize Microsoft. Microsoft could easily respond with "but you accepted our e3 invitation".

A complete non-issue if EviLore accepted. It's a really nice gesture by Major Nelson and in my opinion it wouldn't reflect at all on mod policy.

klodeckel

Banned
Hm. Dunno. We are not in a war here (well, I know some people don't understand that - but this is a different story) ... To tell you the truth, it doesn't matter for me.

It was a very nice gesture by Larry - which EvilLore kindly declined. End of story.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Yeeeeaaaahhhh I think the right decision was made. No matter how good Nelson's intentions might have been there would be serious amounts of suspicion raised due to it.

Mugatu

Wouldn't have bothered me but I can see his point and it's his decision after all.

Either way, it was nice of MS and Major Nelson to offer.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OP did you miss the gigantic thread on this?

I clicked this thinking they invited more than just EviLore.

Jesus, dualshockers really will try to turn anything into a story.

It's the Daily Mail of games 'journalism'.
It really is. Only N4G is more annoying.

Raonak

Banned
Wish they accepted so they could ask petello's technical fellows about that 30% gap.

but yeah, I as a neogaf user would feel a bit weird if they accepted.

Sentenza

While I appreciate the effort to stick to neutrality, I'm also guessing that if they really want to be there they will find plenty of other ways.

Vinc

While it would not have bothered me, it really makes me think the site is in the best possible hands. I love how seriously they take this website and the industry. I know some people find it ridiculous, but I love it. That's why I'm here every day.

I like that they declined, very smart of them not to even allow a chance to appear being friendly to Microsoft. The neutrality is important.

d0nnie

Banned
Favors always have ties. It's not good to have ties, specially to corporations and politicians. Independence is priceless.

Miles X

Evilore is smart.

Say one day he had to criticize Microsoft. Microsoft could easily respond with "but you accepted our e3 invitation".

Yeah except they wouldn't, and this whole thing is just ridiculous. It was nice of MS to offer, and Evillore politely declined, end of story. Some people here really do love to create drama.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Dualshockers made that an article? Hahah, what the fuck.

I don't think it would have been a big deal overall but atleast in context of what the issue was regarding the E3 rejection, getting in another way doesn't change or fix anything on that end.

Snaku

Banned
Well it's not as if neogaf admins write editorials or anything, so I'm not sure what difference it makes who invites them.

orochi91

What would happen if they did accept? Like, how would that impact the reporting
quality?

I think it was swell of Major Nelson to offer those invites, if there are truly are no
strings attached.

ElDuderino

If gaf was outraged about press passes being denied then if they accept micrsoft's invite it would give E3 validation to their denial. It would paint gaf admins in a bad light.

Just my two cents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom