• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft no longer offers a $1 Game Pass trial

I really don't know why anyone would pay regular price of GPU when all you have to do is change your region on your console and for credit card details put a Turkish or Argentinian address to make your purchases valid. GPU is $2 a month....resident evil 4 remake is $35. If it was some complicated step id understand why most won't go for that but its not. You literally press 3 clicks and won't give 2 shits about this $1 trial.

Last edited:

Kilau

When people talk price increases, people typically talk about regular price. Not promo deals.

If a car costs $30,000 and there's a dealer/manufacturer rebate for $2,000 making it $28,000 if you do it, the regular price is still $30,000. If the rebate disappears, nobody will claim the price went up.
Nooo not a car analogy!

Meme Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

geary

It’s impressive how stupid people pretend to be just to stir shit up and have something to bicker. Equating a trial/promotion offer endind with a price increase is just mindblowing. You can say that the promo ending period right after the CMA news is strange, but a price increase…like for real?

NickFire

As of now this only shows they won't let people pay $1 to play the new games they will launch this year. But I think everyone who owned a printer before they had refillable ink tanks knows where the road is headed.

darnit, mine ends in July and I was already looking of using this to reup for another 3 years LOL. oh wells it was good while it lasted

Jayjayhd34

darnit, mine ends in July and I was already looking of using this to reup for another 3 years LOL. oh wells it was good while it lasted
Mine lapsed couple weeks ago had it free for year when I upgraded to gigabit.

Wierd how don't do yearly subs only three months at time probably sub for starfield unless there's another surprise like high on life

Banjo64

cumsessed
Someone else here (can't remember) gave me this tip.

Save a bunch bing links in Edge collection. Once a day, click on that collection.

jUFFg10.png

Click the three dots and then "Open all in new window". No more spamming the alphabet. Saves a lot of time and easy points.
Does anyone know if I can do this for the 60 points for mobile searches?

XOMTOR

They nerfed the Microsoft Rewards in Canada sooooo hard.
I completely stopped trying.
You might want to try again. I started last November and I've been collecting between 24-25K per month. Not sure how many were possible before, but from what I've read, that's right in-line with expectations. The US and UK can get a bit higher (of course).

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Neymar suuuuuuucks.
It took me a while to find an article that used Freddo bars to explain purchases. There was a Summer or two where a person would compare signings to number of freddo bars sold. It could have been Ardshavin for all I cared.

Poor Neymar off injured every March to celebrate his sister's birthday. Weirdest shit.

I have a question. Anyone know why more burnout games aren't on GPU? Or in the store in general? Only Paradise is available, I thought they would at least have Revenge as that was one of the games that got upgraded for xbox if I remember correctly, like HD remaster. Have they ever been on the store before? Im surprised even Project Gotham Racing isn't available for purchase since they have done so many BC with other games.

Last edited:
Been confirmed and reported on to death already, but Diablo IV is not coming to Game Pass.
Oh it will come to Xbox game pass if the deal gets approved in time. No reason for it not to. They just don't want to slow down the game sells. What MS first party game missed xbox game pass so far?

octiny

Banned
Been confirmed and reported on to death already, but Diablo IV is not coming to Game Pass.

If the deal goes through, it's a first party MS game.

All first party games go to Game Pass, day 1.

That's what makes Game Pass, Game Pass.

It's why they are buying ABK in the first place, to bolster Game Pass & reap the sales on other platforms.

Of course ABK isn't going to say it's coming to Gamepass, or any other game for that matter. The deal isn't even done.

Diablo 4 won't be day 1 due to how close the launch date & deal close, but you can bet your ass it'll be on Game Pass within a month or two of officially closing.

Last edited:

Three

Edit: Seems you have to pay for the app. I'm good with my solution but may be good if someone else wants to try it.
Send me some links you want to open in tabs and I can create it for you using another free app. Tasker is just the most popular automation app on android. I have no experience with MS rewards but if it's just a matter of opening multiple links in tabs I can do that for you.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Send me some links you want to open in tabs and I can create it for you using another free app. Tasker is just the most popular automation app on android. I have no experience with MS rewards but if it's just a matter of opening multiple links in tabs I can do that for you.

I appreciate it, but I already have an app I created to do that. I was just curious to try it for others like Banjo64 Banjo64

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Not until/unless it becomes a first party game.

The deal is very likely not closing before the games release date so there's an incredibly slim to none chance of that happening at launch anyway.

But a few months after that if the deal closes then ......

Banjo64

cumsessed

I appreciate it, but I already have an app I created to do that. I was just curious to try it for others like Banjo64 Banjo64
I’m on iOS guys so guessing I can’t get around it this way?

twilo99

You might want to try again. I started last November and I've been collecting between 24-25K per month. Not sure how many were possible before, but from what I've read, that's right in-line with expectations. The US and UK can get a bit higher (of course).

25k is a lot even for the US

Hydroxy

They should offer a value for money 6 months and one year subscription option. I don't understand why Netflix and Microsoft don't do this.

acm2000

only ever used the £1 deal once, rest of the time ive done gold>ultimate conversion using a 1 month game pass ultimate code

all purchased using free bing reward points

DaGwaphics

They should offer a value for money 6 months and one year subscription option. I don't understand why Netflix and Microsoft don't do this.

They want you on the month to month renewable in hopes this just becomes a utility in your budget and not something you think of as a gaming/media expense. The larger payments will be noticed more when they hit the bank account. Basically they want you to think of it as $15/mo. and not $180/yr. regardless of whether or not that represents the same final value. I'm sure some physiologist somewhere told everyone this was the way to go with subscriptions. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Connxtion

24-25K how? Most I can get us 15k a month if hit every daily quota.

Connxtion

I’m on iOS guys so guessing I can’t get around it this way?
https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/9ac218dc88e843999d01dfe49910f370

My Mobile Bing Rewards shortcut, automated the search processes. You still need to do the daily ones on the rewards site though.

Requires, safari, chrome (sign into your MS account on bing and set it to always display desktop mode) & edge (sign into that also)

Now tap “give me point” and wait for 1m 38secs and done.

Edit: updated shortcut

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

24-25K how? Most I can get us 15k a month if hit every daily quota.

My all time peak is 24k, they have to be running one of those match your achievements with points contests. Played most of the Tell Tale games in the last one and got about 6 or 7k extra points. My standard is like 12-15k, I inevitably forget something.

Oh it will come to Xbox game pass if the deal gets approved in time. No reason for it not to. They just don't want to slow down the game sells. What MS first party game missed xbox game pass so far?
I think they will slowly move away from Day One Game Pass launches, or at the very least, maybe it will start being on a case-by-case basis. Maybe starting with Diablo IV. Plans can change, and personally I wouldn’t bet on first-party day one launches continuing indefinitely for every game.

Makes sense. It might be better to get more people to pay the actual price than to increase it. They will increase their revenue without increasing the price.

reinking

Gold Member
I think they will slowly move away from Day One Game Pass launches, or at the very least, maybe it will start being on a case-by-case basis. Maybe starting with Diablo IV. Plans can change, and personally I wouldn’t bet on first-party day one launches continuing indefinitely for every game.
I hope not. Day one is what makes Game Pass, Game Pass, for me. That, and knowing Xbox first party will remain on the service is what sold me on it. If they move away from having all first party on the service (day one), I will probably move on from Game Pass. I would rather pay a little more and keep day one.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I hope not. Day one is what makes Game Pass, Game Pass, for me. That, and knowing Xbox first party will remain on the service is what sold me on it. If they move away from having all first party on the service (day one), I will probably move on from Game Pass. I would rather pay a little more and keep day one.

The likelihood of games not launching on there day 1 is very slim. They made these acquisitions to get more day one content not have less. CoD obviously will not show for a while if the deal gets approved thanks to the Sony deal and Sony not wanting CoD on PS+ (so the dual launch like Deathloop is probably out).

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Here's my breakdown for March as of yesterday; still 3 days to go. I decided to be a geek and keep track of where all the points were coming from:

qxIuXK6.png

Can you please tell me what/where fitness videos, and edge gaming feed bonus points are from? also the Xbox mobile app streak ? is it the game pass app or the regular Xbox one ?

cripterion

That 1$/1€ resub for 3 months was tasty.
It made me come back with several months of sub each time even though I actually never played them games lol.

Kev Kev

I’m not even mad about it.

I played so many games off GamePass by using those $1 offers over the last few years. I probably have over 18 months worth at $1 per month, in total. I was able to play countless games and complete them for that $18 in all that time.

Top Bottom