• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft permanently cuts Xbox One S Price $250, Xbox One X $449 at retail.

If you have been meaning to pick up an Xbox One you may want to do so now. Microsoft has discounted all Xbox One bundles by $50 so you get a good value for money. These bundles are available from the company’s own online store in addition to Walmart, Best Buy, and other retailers. Even the new Xbox One X bundle that has the upcoming Metro: Exodus title and its prequels is included in this promotion as well.

The good thing about bundles is that whether you purchase an Xbox One X or Xbox One S, you will get a free game in the box. The bundles are available with different games so you can take your pick from the likes of Battlefield V, Forza Horizon 4, Fallout 76, and many more.

Some bundles might offer you additional goodies as well. For example, many of the bundles sold via the Microsoft Store also provide a digital copy of Gears of War 4. At least one of the Xbox One S bundles offers a three month Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold trial in the place of a free title.

After having an up yoy 2018 and beating decimating the PS4 in December NPD, Microsoft is going for the kill. Finally the Xbox One X has been discounted, which I believe should had been done earlier a few months ago, and the Xbox One S is $250. This applies to all bundles as well, some of which contain additional goodies like it says in the OP. So in reality it's more like getting the S for $200 and the X for $350!

So if you want to play on the Most Powerful Console Ever Released IN History, this is the time to jump in. Also a good deal for people that want the entry level slim.

Enjoy Xbox One only games you can't get on PS4 or Switch like:

• Ryse Son of Rome
  • Quantum Break
  • The best looking Multiplat games on a console
  • Gears of War 4
  • Gears Remake
  • Forza Horizon 3 and 4
  • For Motorsport 6 and 7 for sim lovers.
  • ScreamRide
  • Hundreds of BC titles many enhanced
  • CupHead
  • TitanFall 1
  • Zoo Tycoon
  • Halo 1, 2, 3, 4, Reach.
  • Free games on Game Pass
  • Halo 5
  • Killer Instinct
  • Sea of Theives
  • Phantom Dust Enhanced
  • State of Decay
  • Kalimba
  • Recore
  • Super Luckys Tale
  • Dead Rising 3
  • Rare Replay
  • SunSet overdrive

and more!

So if you have been waiting for a price drop to grab your hands on the sleek Xbox One S or the Most powerful interactive entertainment device of all time with the X, then do yourself a favor and jump right on in!!!!

(C)Hunert Smoke, done voluntarily, not paid by Microsoft, deal in progress however.

Codes 208

giphy.gif

I can already tell this thread is going to be a battlefield.

TLZ

Banned
The X is being sold for au$380 at good guys ($270 us). So any fellow OZs interested, now's a good time.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I expect they both were not going to sell well at full price after multiple moths at $100+ discount. They probably projected slow sales at $299/$499.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
They need to get the X down to $250-300 before next gen hits. If forward compatibility means anything it needs to be on the stage at e3 2019 as a low end option. What's strange is that rumors say lockhart will be less powerful but more efficient than the X.

theHFIC

10 free games on Game Pass already pays for the box and the software, so technically you could say they are paying you to have it!
I forgot to use my sarcasm tags. Zero interest in a Games as a Service platform that MS is still trying to pivot towards.

I do appreciate the "painting xbox as a worthwhile value" schtick you are doing with the thread though!

The Alien

Banned
$50 closer to upgrading to the X. Got my eyes on that Metro bundle releasing in February.

Now if only Gamestop would give me more that $100 for my 2tb One S. Not likely, but gonna need me some sweet to pull trigger this late in gen.

cryptoadam

Banned
Is it me or does it feel like these consoles have held their price for a very long time?

Remember when 199 was the sweet spot? These things probably won't hit 199 till 2 years after next gen.

And if you're not interested in Halo? What then?

This is the most transparently fake hype I've seen since XO18. Please tell the boys and girls at Microsoft that you can't manufacture hype. Nobody is falling for it.

If you want people to care, release good exclusive games. This isn't complicated.

If you don't like Halo all the games on the list can't be played on any other console. :)

Several aren't on PC either, or require a beast machine(and windows store) to run.

Don't forget 100s of BC games with the huge 360 library with AF applied automatically! Many have additional enhancements! Even OG Xbox BC is there! :)

Need some cheaper games? Game Pass Bambi! We got you covered! :)

93xfan

Banned
*also available on PC

Not the Halo games. Plus a ton of BC games aren’t on PC as well.

Anyway, a lot of people don’t want a PC.

Consoles simply work and that’s all a lot of us want.

Also, if you’re a fan of MULTIPLAYER shooters and grew up using a controller, you’re on even ground with a decent community on console.

PC has its advantages, but so do consoles.

baphomet

They need to get the X down to $250-300 before next gen hits. If forward compatibility means anything it needs to be on the stage at e3 2019 as a low end option. What's strange is that rumors say lockhart will be less powerful but more efficient than the X.

The X will not be playing next gen games.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Expecting another price cut come the holidays to $200 and $400 respectively.

Traxtech

The X is being sold for au$380 at good guys ($270 us). So any fellow OZs interested, now's a good time.

Saw this before, was tempted to jump on it but talked myself out of it even though I need a 4k blu ray player.

I wish xbox had more exclusives :(

WaterAstro

Most powerful is a PC, and PC shrinks that game list to near nothing.

It's a last ditch effort to get sales before the generation ends for Microsoft because they have nothing more to offer to Xbone since they announced the next gen so early. It's also a time where they don't have game releases to back up their price drop, so I don't know how effective this will be compared to Black Friday price drop when all of the blockbusters are released.

Chiggs

The X is a damn fine console, and it's the only Microsoft console worth owning. Don't bother with an S.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
449 is still high 6+ years into this generation, at that price I would still take the Pro and a membership.

Most powerful is a PC, and PC shrinks that game list to near nothing.

It's a last ditch effort to get sales before the generation ends for Microsoft because they have nothing more to offer to Xbone since they announced the next gen so early. It's also a time where they don't have game releases to back up their price drop, so I don't know how effective this will be compared to Black Friday price drop when all of the blockbusters are released.
Well, if your reading comprehension was up to par you'd see it says "most powerful CONSOLE". Try and keep up, peaches.

Elenchus

Banned
Not the Halo games. Plus a ton of BC games aren’t on PC as well.

Anyway, a lot of people don’t want a PC.

Consoles simply work and that’s all a lot of us want.

Also, if you’re a fan of MULTIPLAYER shooters and grew up using a controller, you’re on even ground with a decent community on console.

PC has its advantages, but so do consoles.

Absolutely. PC has no chance in the living room. No one wants to research parts or deal with the frustration of building a PC. No one wants to balance a keyboard on their lap as they jump from launcher to launcher. No one wants to be forced to play with a keyboard on their lap just because everyone else in a PC multiplayer lobby is using one.

We’ve seen all the idols of the PC realm fail to duplicate the console experience and it’s clear that there is no $500 PC that can touch the 1X’s performance and form factor. Here’s the latest attempt by Linus. Another crash and burn.

[QUOTE="Elenchus, post: 253753636, member: PC has no chance in the living room. No one wants to research parts or deal with the frustration of building a PC. No one wants to balance a keyboard on their lap as they jump from launcher to launcher. No one wants to be forced to play with a keyboard on their lap just because everyone else in a PC multiplayer lobby is using one.[/QUOTE]
I mean, this is literally what I do every single day....

GoldenEye98

posts news as their odd job
I'm not sure how worth it is to buy an Xbox One X at this point as I suspect it will not be getting next gen games. Zen cpu's will create a cutoff between platforms...

Xenon

I'm not sure how worth it is to buy an Xbox One X at this point as I suspect it will not be getting next gen games. Zen cpu's will create a cutoff between platforms...

You're kidding yourself if you think the first games of next-gen are not going to be cross gen. There is no way companies are going to ignore the larger installed base,. Especially the first year or so.

Top Bottom