• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Quarterly Earnings (ending calendar Q3 2020) - includes Xbox Rev +30%

iHaunter

That's not the argument here first of all. You said "Xbox has no games"...a Sony fanboy talking point that been rehashed over and over for years. Since you wanna change the argument though, it could be said that neither launch is absolutely fantastic. The Medium...not a full game..what does that even mean? Is Demon's Souls not a full game because it's a remake? Is Miles Morales also not a full game because a 12 hour expansion? I don't see it that way.
Miles Morales is not a full game. That's why it's priced the way that it is. You again state no evidence or titles. XSX quite literally has the first party worst line-up in console history. I can't imagine how's its possible that it's even an argument, you can use the "Fanboy" fallacy all day.

Demon's Souls (Remake)
Sackboy
Godfall
Spider-man Miles Morales

Is a super-strong starting line-up IMHO. There's a game out there for everyone. Hardcore challenging game, fun game to play with friends, kids, or GF, looter slash em up, world exploration, and story game.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Miles Morales is not a full game. That's why it's priced the way that it is. You again state no evidence or titles. XSX quite literally has the first party worst line-up in console history. I can't imagine how's its possible that it's even an argument, you can use the "Fanboy" fallacy all day.

Demon's Souls (Remake)
Sackboy
Godfall
Spider-man Miles Morales

Is a super-strong starting line-up IMHO. There's a game out there for everyone. Hardcore challenging game, fun game to play with friends, kids, or GF, looter slash em up, world exploration, and story game.
You have your opinion, I have mine. I am interested in Demon's Souls. Godfall looks like trash. Spider-man Miles Morales just seems like more of the same, which isn't a bad thing but not enough to get me excited. I am also interested in the Medium, specifically because of the dual world feature. You can't just discount that, but still count Miles Morales.

Kerotan

You have to delete this, it goes against what every financial analyst in Gaff has been saying regarding MS needing money from sony/GamePass is making MS broke/No one is interested in Xbox/MS needs to exit the game industry... etc
Did the give operating profits for xbox? It would also be shocking if they weren't up considering covid year and how low their numbers were pre covid.

iHaunter

You have your opinion, I have mine. I am interested in Demon's Souls. Godfall looks like trash. Spider-man Miles Morales just seems like more of the same, which isn't a bad thing but not enough to get me excited. I am also interested in the Medium, specifically because of the dual world feature. You can't just discount that, but still count Miles Morales.
I'm going to get Medium on PC, it looks like a good game. I don't disagree. GoW and Horizon 2 potentially next year is pretty exciting. Not to mention, BluePoint is most likely working on their next project too. Next year sounds quite exciting.

ToadMan

Xbox is HIGHLY profitable. Has most likely the highest profits of any platform holder, because they have low hardware sales. (you know the stuff with the bad margins)
MTX and Minecraft realms are nearly pure profits, tho

Also this:
LdMxIe6.png

But I guess people will still claim this is all just Windows profits, when Windows Pro is down 25%
But Micorosoft is increasing the profits over and over again in their MPC division, that includes Xbox

6GJtDrl.png

Those aren’t profit graphs. They’re revenue or the final one which is operating income.

Difficult to say any more than that about your analysis - it’s non sensical. Nothing In These graphs says Xbox is profitable.

Don’t invest in stocks until you understand what you’re looking at lol!

Oh and by way of emphasis this is for Oct 28 around 3.15 after the AMD thing.

EGFLER5.jpg

The massively profitable Xbox isn’t saving MS today.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Those aren’t profit graphs. They’re revenue or the final one which is operating income.

Difficult to say any more than that about your analysis - it’s non sensical. Nothing In These graphs says Xbox is profitable.

Don’t invest in stocks until you understand what you’re looking at lol!

Oh and by way of emphasis this is for Oct 28 around 3.15 after the AMD thing.

EGFLER5.jpg

The massively profitable Xbox isn’t saving MS today.

You dont understand a a lot of stock market as well, I can see that.

killatopak

Gold Member
Lol Bethesda is a cost center for game pass... Or are they really going to release on all platforms?
There’s still plenty of people who’ll buy the full game and not just play on gamepass. While I don’t expect them to release on every platform, PC and Xbox is enough.

Bethesda games have a very long lifespan because of mods. So at the worst case scenario, it’ll be an incentive for people to stay on gamepass for the long term and not just a month or so.

Top Bottom