• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft registers Microsoft-Sony.com and Sony-Microsoft.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
A Human Becoming said:
Microsoft: Total assets US$ 86.113 billion (2010)
Sony: Total assets ¥11.22 trillion / $188.694 billion (2010)

If total assets is the best way to determine company size, damn your right. I'd expect a merger though.

No lol. It's market cap.

mik83kuu

Banned
Kinda neat, but don't let your imagination run too loose or you'll get burned. My bet is this has absolutely nothing to do with gaming.

QUMhv.gif

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
What the fuck

I'm guessing they're looking at the way things are going at Sony right now and at least considering it.

LiK said:
Time to take Nintendo down.
If this happens I hope they run their business more like current Sony than current Microsoft.

Mikey Jr.

patsu said:
They want to do a website to compare their products with Sony's ?

Can MS use Sony in the website title without permission?

I remember MS went batshit when some kid had MikeRoweSoft.com as his website.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Meisadragon said:
No lol. It's market cap.

Than give a better comparison.

V_Ben said:
Well, Sony Ericsson was one of the top 10 brands to disappear this year. So maybe Sony is folding them in, and just rebranding their phones "Sony".

...either that or new laptops / tablets / dinghies.

With Vita using Android, that seems unlikely.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Since they registered both Microsoft-Sony and Sony-Microsoft I'm guessing a merger is being toyed with and they want to take the domain before an opportunist does.

kingkaiser

Mama Robotnik said:
Its like the Dominon War in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

Nintendo is The Dominion, and Microsoft are the Klingons and Sony are the Romulans. They have to team up to beat The Dominion in the end, see.

Meanwhile, Valve are the Q and don't notice these wars between the lesser powers.

Ok, but who is starfleet then?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Krev said:
Since they registered both Microsoft-Sony and Sony-Microsoft I'm guessing a merger is being toyed with and they want to take the domain before an opportunist does.

But Microsoft can buy Sony?

A merger makes no sense for Microsoft

Anteater

Maybe they're making 2 fighting games, sony x microsoft and microsoft x sony, one on halo engine and the other on killzone engine

Edit: oh already posted, I thought I was creative for a second!

Sean

Banned
Microsoft and Sony have realized the only way to combat the upcoming Wii U juggernaut is to join forces.

The internet is starting to heat to a rolling boil.
Hopefully this doesn't stretch on in an endless wave of specula...oh who am I kiddin'

MechDX said:
Playstation X

Hardware by Sony, Dev tools and online by MS and they both release a controller for it.

I would buy it.
Maybe that's where the recent PS4 2012 and xbox 2015 is coming from. MS and Sony will be alternating brands as they release their line of next gen consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom